Beyblade Burst Ep5 (JPN: May 2, 2016) (CAN: September 24, 2016)

5) The Grim Reaper Descends! The Jet-Black Deathscyther!!
死神降臨!漆黒のデスサイザー!!
Shinigami kōrin! Shikkoku no desusaizā!!
May 2nd, 2016

Short Summary
"Valt's next opponent is Daina Kurogami. Before the match begins, as Kensuke has a bad feeling about the never-before-seen grin on Daina's face, Daina provokes Valt..."

Extended Summary
"Valt's next opponent is Daina Kurogami. Kensuke has a bad feeling about Daina's provocation before the match. His bad feelings were correct, as Valt's Rush Shoot is completely nullified in this match. As Daina provokes him more and more, Valt becomes unable to perform a Rush Shoot at all..!?"

Sounds somewhat similar to the manga chapter actually...
Where can I watch it? English sub?
It doesn't air until May 2nd, and we probably won't have our subs out until around the 4th.
Daina and Valt indeed tie twelve times and at the thirteen battle, Valt defeats him with a Burst.

Then Daina appears to go see a younger brother in the hospital, but somehow Valt and Rantarou are already there cheering him up.

Yet again though, the second we get some background story, it is rather light and does not really impact the story because everybody is cheerful about it and it gets resolved within the same hour...
(May. 02, 2016  12:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yet again though, the second we get some background story, it is rather light and does not really impact the story because everybody is cheerful about it and it gets resolved within the same hour...
Sure...

What is the sense in making an anime about cheerful 11 year olds when Beyblade got us used to brainwashing and deaths from playing with spin tops?
Wow, making a happy Beyblade series for Japanese children to watch, how dare they?
Wow, it's a series that is different from anything we've seen before so it has "no plot" because it's been basically slice of life so far...
*rolls eyes*

If you don't like what you see and are expecting something more like the past few Beyblades, why are you even watching this now? Just keep watching the past Beyblade series and ask somebody about how is it going or check the forum discussion to see if something "meaningful" happened and don't watch until that happens???

Beyblade Burst is going great so far, I hope these children keep on finding happiness like they have in these 5 episodes.

This episode was adorable, with Valt going after Daina wherever he went in school just to join Beyblade club. Also, Valt and friends being kind to Daina's sick brother at the hospital to the point of arriving there before Daina did really warmed my heart. This was a good episode.
Hahah, why do I continue watching it and inflicting disappointment upon myself? Clearly you have never cared so deeply for something that you know it deserves a lot more than this anime and that your view of the future, which you have become very good at predicting for the Beyblade line, is not looking too bright.

There is only so long a series can last without some long-term problematic. Even Kim Kardashian, who has no talent and is rich anyway, feeds off the disturbances in her family's life to attract viewers every week to her show.
Kim Kardashian? Um... okay?

I think it's fine to start of with an easy situation but having it progress to being more difficult later on. However, I think the main plot should be hinted during episodes without the main characters knowing. But hey "It's just a kids anime" so it's oooooookay.
Sure, they could be dropping hints at this point but they aren't going to. They seem far more focuses on getting our club members set up before rushing into an actual plot, which I'm totally fine with honestly. The series will be 51 episodes anyway, so I'm hardly worried about them not having time to start it.
I'm not sure why everyone's complaining about this. The original series built up slowly as well. Granted this series is a bit worse but there are a lot of similarities.

Anyway here's the raw episode (it says subbed it isn't):

http://gogoanime.io/beyblade-burst-episode-5
I thought the episode was pretty good. It is goofy and action-packed fun which is what I expect from a series about fighting tops and I like that Valt slowly becomes stronger too. As Ultra said, the original was built up slowly as well so I don't see the complaints.

I like Daina, he is pretty cool and I like his emo-ish personality. His backstory is also pretty interesting to see and I'm glad they didn't just make him destructive just for the sake of it (kinda like Reiji).
Eh I feel like family member in the hospital is quite a cliche by now.
Slow beginning Bakuten-style: by episode seven, they had a Japanese representative team set up, the four main characters were quite established and had a personality, and there was already the threat of Kai stealing Holy Beasts. Not to mention the interesting stuff like slaps, breaking Beyblades, etc. At episode eight they were already in Hong Kong to take part in the stage of the world championship there.
(May. 02, 2016  5:14 PM)Ultra Wrote: Eh I feel like family member in the hospital is quite a cliche by now.

Not nearly as cliche as "the mysterious father".
(May. 02, 2016  5:14 PM)Ultra Wrote: Eh I feel like family member in the hospital is quite a cliche by now.

Yeah I'm starting to see that, it's like someone winning a type of event for their family members.
Wow it was very nice episode

I have high hopes for it
The series might be more than 51 episodes this time. OLM is doing the animation, not to mention the anime started around chapter 10. The other past Beyblade series started about the same time as their manga counterparts.

(May. 02, 2016  2:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hahah, why do I continue watching it and inflicting disappointment upon myself? Clearly you have never cared so deeply for something that you know it deserves a lot more than this anime and that your view of the future, which you have become very good at predicting for the Beyblade line, is not looking too bright.

There is only so long a series can last without some long-term problematic. Even Kim Kardashian, who has no talent and is rich anyway, feeds off the disturbances in her family's life to attract viewers every week to her show.

Because you know deep down that the anime is going to get better, even if it takes awhile. You're curious to see where this anime goes, good or bad.
Even though the show is very repetitive, practically just the same setting every day except for different characters for every episode, I would not mind watching Deathscyther's beast coming to life again. HOLY HANNAH IT WAS WAY BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE. I am for SURE changing my profile pic now.
Well, as expected, Valt wins again. Interesting episode though and I really do love Daina and his voice (Ayahi Takagaki's <3)

Still waiting for the classic rival character; I was hoping it would be Daina, but I guess it'll have to be someone else. In any case, we do need someone to come along and put Valt in his place, so we can see a little more character and skill development early on.
Well, everyone up until Kaizer has basically been lined up to be BeyClub members anyway. I suspect that we'll be introduced to the bigger rival around the time of Xeno Xcalibur's release.
Episode 5: Into the Darkness! Doomscizor! (English Dub)
Air date: September 24, 2016 (Canada)
Ridiculous that Doomscizor and Wyvron (nor their Dual Layer counterparts) weren't part of the initial wave when they are introduced so early in the show. They're not shown on the packaging either, so I guess we'll be waiting a while ...?