Beyblade Burst God Anime Series-Starts on April 3, 2017 on TV Tokyo

Interesting trailer! That CGI actually looks pretty good in my opinion. I just really hope whichever studio licenses this in North America takes the dubbing seriously like Bakuten. MFB's dub was made unnecessarily goofy just to appeal to kids, and I don't want a repeat of that.
(Jul. 06, 2015  9:23 PM)S8 Wrote: Interesting trailer! That CGI actually looks pretty good in my opinion. I just really hope whichever studio licenses this in North America takes the dubbing seriously like Bakuten. MFB's dub was made unnecessarily goofy just to appeal to kids, and I don't want a repeat of that.

The dub is being done by Sunrights. Their only show so far is B-Daman Crossfire, so I guess the quality of that dub will tell us whether or not they will do well on Beyblade Burst. But hell, even if they did a bad job on that, they could still surprise us.
Here's the extended trailer for the Beyblade Burst anime. This was ripped from the special DVD that came with August 2015 CoroCoro issue. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob-FlIDl...e=youtu.be
Well, this explains the images of Shuu with a scar that popped up on my Twitter feed this week. Even though it's longer, this trailer doesn't feel as exciting as the last one did. I can't wait until we see a trailer of what the anime will actually be like, not just promo stuff.
To me this anime looks more generic then the others. Those characters look like they could be from any anime series whereas in the last series the characters mostly had a distinctive look to them.
Character designs are fine IMO but seems like they're going back to focusing more on the monsters, which kinda sucks. Does anyone care about them?
(Jul. 21, 2015  10:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Character designs are fine IMO but seems like they're going back to focusing more on the monsters, which kinda sucks. Does anyone care about them?

Kinda why V-Force anime was mostly a snooze fest, if not a frustrating mess for other reasons.

I'm actually wondering if these beasts will be like spirits or bit beasts as I'm still unsure.
Did anybody else notice the very slight differences between the Valkyrie Layer in this trailer and the actual one?

The red and white stickers on the smaller wings of the Layer also apparently have their colors swapped.

Did stuff like this happen often in MFB?
Everything looked approximately the same in Metal Fight Beyblade. My guess is that both the manga and this trailer were created a while ago, so they might have used more of a prototype for the 3D design. Or the company is actually not that great at 3D modeling ...
(Jun. 18, 2015  2:55 PM)Momohimi Wrote: [Image: logo.png]

Here is the new Beyblade Burst anime trailer so enjoy. Please remember to only discuss the anime and not the toyline.

The OLM Animation studio is participating to the anime but that D-Rights is still behind the anime overall, like with all of the other Beyblade series. Also, instead of Nelvana we have Sunrights who will dub in the west. This will most likely broadcast in Spring 2016 and around 2017 in the west.

So far, we only know the name of two characters:
- Bart/Balt/Valt/Vurt Aoi (Valkyrie Wing Accele's owner)
- Shuu? (Spriggan Spread Fusion's owner)

For any additional info, go to this thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-manga-Be...9%E3%83%88

the video says this video is private...
Is there any reason the main character couldn't be "Bolt", symbolic of the speed and accuracy that comprise your typical attack style? Also, naming him after the colour of his beyblade type seems lazy.
(Jul. 27, 2015  12:35 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Is there any reason the main character couldn't be "Bolt", symbolic of the speed and accuracy that comprise your typical attack style? Also, naming him after the colour of his beyblade type seems lazy.

Because "baruto" is not how "bolt" is pronounced in Japanese ...

They did that in Bakuten Shoot Beyblade too : Takao, (a)Kai, etc.
Those are derivatives of the words and not just using them as is, slightly more creative IMO.
I feel like I'll be watching it but not thoroughly enjoying it. The CGI really bugs me. Sho has an...interesting close up that I can't say leaves me optimistic for the rest of it. What I've seen so far has depicted him as calm. That close up just made him look like a little kid. Anyone else share this opinion?

And while you all were hoping for a female lead character I was hoping for something even more impossible XD

I was hoping that maybe we could have gotten something for more mature audiences. I know beyblades are targeted to children but I can't help feeling that I would enjoy the manga and anime so much more if they were a little more mature. Sadly this will never be a reality
I'm hoping they do something interesting with the pixel auras and digital aesthetic that we've seen. I'm not sure how it would fit into the series but I've enjoyed an awful lot of computer themed kids shows in the past and hope this ends up among them.
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:15 PM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: I was hoping that maybe we could have gotten something for more mature audiences. I know beyblades are targeted to children but I can't help feeling that I would enjoy the manga and anime so much more if they were a little more mature. Sadly this will never be a reality

Beyblade would just seem even more absurd if it was "mature." There's something childish about wishing that cartoons aimed at children would be more adult :')
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:15 PM)Bladerguy2 Wrote: I was hoping that maybe we could have gotten something for more mature audiences. I know beyblades are targeted to children but I can't help feeling that I would enjoy the manga and anime so much more if they were a little more mature. Sadly this will never be a reality

Beyblade would just seem even more absurd if it was "mature." There's something childish about wishing that cartoons aimed at children would be more adult :')
I do admit that it would be pretty wierd if it were more mature but I think it would be interesting. I guess by mature I meant a deeper story line. Metal fight was basically all the same. The world is in danger Ginga go save it. Of course Ryuga didn't threaten the world at battle bladers but still. I liked 4d because that story line was simple enough for the kids it was aimed at to understand but a little deeper than Metal Master or Fusion.
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:50 PM)Bladerguy2 Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2015  8:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

I do admit that it would be pretty wierd if it were more mature but I think it would be interesting. I guess by mature I meant a deeper story line. Metal fight was basically all the same. The world is in danger Ginga go save it. Of course Ryuga didn't threaten the world at battle bladers but still. I liked 4d because that story line was simple enough for the kids it was aimed at to understand but a little deeper than Metal Master or Fusion.

i agree. even though im an originals fanboy, they all had the same story line... tyson wants to be champion. however, you saw the characters grow older and mature slightly as the seasons went on. what bugged me about the metal fight series was Gingas voice.... and the fact Kenta was litterally half his size, and acted like a baby. with the original series, you saw the bladebreakers go form 13 to 16, and their hight, voice and attitude changed accordingly. understandibly, beyblades are for kids. BUT, the generation that grew up on the first beyblades are probably the ones who are still into beyblades more than todays current generation.... Im going to go on a limb here and say that as of right now there are more bladers over the age of 16 than there are under the age of 16. so they should respond to their audiance appropriatley.. there are almost one million "fans" on the official beyblade page on facebook, how many of those do you honestly think are kids?
Actually, as a former Beyblade anime fan, I really think that the fans of the Metal Fight Beyblade anime were almost exclusively kids. Of course though, kids younger than thirteen years old are not supposed to be on Facebook, but some will cheat.
I liked it when it began. But then I grew up.
The original anime is no without it's flaws, but it's actually very good for a kids show.
MFB is pure "look at the new toys". Madoka, anyone?
(Jul. 27, 2015  9:58 PM)Neo Wrote: I liked it when it began. But then I grew up.
The original anime is no without it's flaws, but it's actually very good for a kids show.

I was hoping someone says that last line!

"GREND SEETUS IZ DE ULTEEMATE DEEFENCE TIEPE!"

Everytime I hear her, "AH CHECK THIS OUT" I cringe and the advertising has never been as obvious as this... As if the creators are saying "Y-Y'know, that beyblade is on stores right now... you, you should get it NOW, I'll be here... all day...".

I know it's advertising but realising that it is when before I didn't makes it painful, the Old Gen wasn't so bad because the characters used strategy most of the time which could only be done only by the anime characters and very rarely did it rely on the pieces it came with, then again they did lack blade base variety a good portion of time and just say "WOW LOOK AT DAT NICE ATTACK RING!"
(Jul. 27, 2015  9:58 PM)Neo Wrote: I liked it when it began. But then I grew up.

Exactly.
Yeah, I felt like the original anime had a lot of older fans, particularly female. But I think that might've just been part of the times, too? I don't think that kinda thing happens as much, anymore.
Well I remember my cousins and friends playing with Plastic Beyblades and some are older than me, so this really attracted a wide variety of people, and I remember that me and my friends and cousins really enjoyed it.

With Metal Saga, no, while I still had so much fun, it seemed rare for me to have people similar or older than me to like it, as most of the time, they only know plastics, it's mostly boys slightly younger than me.