Beyblade “Gamemodes”

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Playing normally is fun and all but sometimes, my younger brother and I like to play differently just to shake things up. I just wanted to share some of the “gamemodes” we’ve made up over the about the one third of a year that we’ve been playing Beyblade. I hope if you have any unique ways to play that’s you can share them with us an someday the rest of the thread![/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]*These gamemodes are most enjoyable with two (or more?) players.[/font][/font]

1. [font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Bursts Only - We copies this from the way Ranjiro and his squad fight in the anime: Spin Finishes and Over Finishes count for nothing, but the first play to win with a Burst Finish is the winner. This gamemode is my personal least favorite (that’s not to say I don’t find it fun) because it strongly favors offensive combinations and makes Energy Layers like Maximum Garuda completely obselete.[/font][/font]
  1. [font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Random Parts - My personal favorite. My brother and I pool together all of our parts and separate them into Energy Layers, Forge Discs/Core Discs, Disc Frames, and Drivers. One person mixes around the parts and the other sits with their back to the parts. Using a random number generator app and setting the range at one to the total number of that part. Generate a number. Counting left to right, up and down, select the part that corresponds with the number from the random number generator. Do this for Layers, Discs, Frames, and Drivers. Once the Beyblade is complete, the two players switch spots. Once the two Beyblades are completed, exchange Beyblades (meaning the Beyblade you generated was for your opponent and the one your opponent generated was for you). My brother and I like to battle first to five points. Since this gamemode can be a little unfair (Randomness is the name of the game. Nobody puts Guardian Kerbeus of Volcanic under normal circumstances.), you can do a best of three to even out the odds a little bit, generating a new Beyblade for both opponents each round.[/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]*This gamemode is more fun depending on the number of parts you have.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]*For the purpose of consistency, if you have two Level Chips, always use them on Cho-Z Energy Layers.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]*If you get a Forge Disc as opposed to a Core Disc, you can skip generating a number for the Disc Frame. Similarly, you can skip generating a Forge Disc/Core Disc if you generated the Nightmare Longinus Energy Layer.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Variation - To make the game a little more interactive in the parts picking part of the game, get rid of the random number generator and have the opponent pick the numbers that will generate their Beyblade. For example, if you have twelve Energy Layers, say to your opponent, “Energy Layers: One through twelve.” Your opponent will reply with their chosen number, such as “Seven.” The seventh Energy Layer is the Energy Layer of your opponent’s Beyblade for that round. Make sure that the parts are mixed up well and that your opponent isn’t looking so they can’t cheat.[/font][/font]

1. [font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Parts Drafting Elimination - Pool together all of your and your opponent’s parts just like in Random Parts, but only lay out Energy Layers first. Play rock, paper, scissors to see who gets first pick. You and your opponents take turns taking parts until there are none left. Do the same for Forge Discs/Core Discs, Disc Frames, and Drivers, rock, paper, scissor-ing before the start of each draft. Once all parts have been drafted, make your first Beyblade and don’t reveal to your opponent. Once both opponents have made their first Beyblades, it’s time to do battle. The loser has to discard a single part that was a part in the losing Beyblade. In the case of a tie, redo the match. The winner’s Beyblade must remain the same for the next match; the winner may not switch out any parts. The opponent will go back to the drawing board and try to counter the Beyblade the winner just won with. Repeat this cycle until one player can no longer create a whole Beyblade. That player is the loser.[/font][/font]
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]*You must have an even number of all parts (assuming there are two players). Leave a part out of the game if you have an odd number of parts.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Variation - Instead of drafting parts, draft entire stock combos. If you have loose parts from a Random Layer or something, draft those separately. Once the draft is complete, separate all of the parts from the stock combos in order to lay out your pool of parts, then continue the game as normal.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Variation - This gamemode can become repetitive because the best parts will always be drafted first and the worst parts will always be drafted last. To shake it up, create, sub-categories of the parts. For example, draft Attack Layers, Defense Layers, Stamina Layers, then Balance Layers, or separate parts by color. Just remember to have even numbers of parts in all categories.[/font][/font]
Here's one I play, a sort of Elimination mode. So first 2 players take turns picking parts from the whole inventory (1piece a turn) till they've made 3 complete bey combos then the game is divided into rounds , at the start of each round we do a 3 2 1..CHANGE/STAY/REVEAL and battle it out, a combo that is beaten is knocked out and can't be used again, the first player to have all 3 beys knocked out loses
Notes: After the part selection you exchange beys so you know what your opponent made

It's fun selecting parts to make top tier combos and to keep your opponent from making his best combos.So you may end up with 3 moderate beys against or 1 top tier and 2 fodder.
And also during the game, accurately predicting which combo your opponent will go with is a major part of the game.

Nice thread?
I don't usually have an opponent around, so I've come to spread my beys all out on the floor by type in 6 wide rows and roll dice to make random combos to fight against each other, a few which are in my sig and have done better than you'd expect. I'll stick frames on 12 as a mandatory measure and make sure I have at least that many frames remaining in the pool (and no, I don't count Hit or Under in that number as they don't cover it properly), but aside from that frames are first-come first served.

It's started getting really awkward as of late though as I've gotten around 223 burst layers (only a few which are from RLCs) and sorting all the parts out has become incredibly time consuming, taking me about 3-4 hours to arrange everything out on the floor and roll enough dice to select parts one by one. I've actually had to adjust things lately since my 6-sided die method only works with up to 6 groups of 6X6 squares, and that only allows for up to 216 parts of one type. Since I have more than that, I've started putting layers and disks in rows of 12 instead and using a 12 and 20 sided die I got from a friend to select parts until the numbers start to shrink down and I can return back to the old 6-sided die method.

The results have often been surprising, I'll tell you that, and they're sometimes eye-opening. For instance, I created Unicorn Nine Accel via dice and watched it take down Dark Deathscyther Knuckle Survive with a burst finish after tilting my launcher to the point where Nine was nearly dragging on the ground for the whole battle. I realized that Unicorn was getting some good upwards smashes that were making it easier to burst foes because of its extreme angle, and I used that strategy with it for ages to great effect, even bursting Alter Chronos with it. It's like an Anime strategy, except real.
This is what I do:
I put my Beys into a bracket tournament.
Play to 3 points.
Swap the combos of the Beys that just battled, so the winner carries on the loser's combo, which can spice things up.
Keep going until you get a winner.
I just flip the lid on the star storm stadium upside down and use stationary attack combos. Diy ahakadera special.
on a standard burst stadium, remove the bolts and turn it so the pockets are blocked.

no knockouts, only outspins and bursts.

I call it a cage match.
(Oct. 25, 2018  1:03 PM)MWF Wrote: on a standard burst stadium, remove the bolts and turn it so the pockets are blocked.

I call it a cage match.

This is all fine and dandy until a bey gets launched over the walls. Pretty rare, but still possible to escape.
(Oct. 25, 2018  8:19 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2018  1:03 PM)MWF Wrote: on a standard burst stadium, remove the bolts and turn it so the pockets are blocked.

I call it a cage match.

This is all fine and dandy until a bey gets launched over the walls. Pretty rare, but still possible to escape.

That can happen any time