BeyDays Face Contest: Photography, 3!

N0body, not a bad picture. Kai-V, thank you for the extension! I was getting worried that I wouldn't get the pictures in.
UGH Unhappy Unhappy
mY ideapad tablet got soaked ( This picture cetus was in water) and if you saw diblee123 pic, he's allergic to pollen, and he was sooooo stupid he had to take flowers, now he has bad allergys, his eyes are red, watery and itchy, and he can't sleep and to top that off I can't either cuz he keeps waking up and opening the bedroom door (we share rooms) and getting tissues, or telling my parents he can't sleep! My poor tablet....

Picture is called whales layer
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Some unexpected guy will come and ruin my chances of winning!

edit: Ugh, everyone's pic is better than mine
(Jun. 03, 2013  3:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Last-minute surprise! The Face Contest is officially extended to next Sunday, June 9th 11:59:59 PM EST, to allow some more entries to be posted!

Enjoy the very last sprint!

Oh neat, I'll try and get something then. Shame it's winter over here so it's kinda hard to get things looking nice or at least how I like them, haha.
(Jun. 03, 2013  3:49 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Last-minute surprise! The Face Contest is officially extended to next Sunday, June 9th 11:59:59 PM EST, to allow some more entries to be posted!

Enjoy the very last sprint!
Thank you Kai-V. Now I'll have time to get something posted.
(Jun. 03, 2013  5:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

lol the idea is like the one I posted on the last page: Two different generations of one spirit, haha
So my all-time favorite Beyblade is and likely always will be Basalt. I love the wheel, I love Horogium, and I adore the face design. So, when I was trying to come up with what to do for this contest, I knew it would have to contain Basalt Horogium in there somewhere.

The first thing that always comes to mind is putting Basalt on a clock, but it's hard to beat Raigeko13's amazing photo from the last contest. So, I started brainstorming, when I thought of a well-known painting...

[Image: 6a00d8341c4fe353ef01287632efa3970c-800wi]

(Salvador Dali's The Persistence of Memory)

And then I thought "You know, I have a lot of Horogium clear wheels, maybe I can get this to work!"

Here is the result:

[Image: meltingclocks.png]

How did WALL-E find his way here? It's a very confusing place!

I'm happy with how it came out! The Horogium wheels are representative of the melting clocks, and each is adorned with an appropriately-colored "dial" on top. The "tree" is a branch from a nearby tree that I whittled into the appropriate shape. The cloth is a handkerchief, and the mountains are rocks from the edge of a nearby lake. I had to cut up my favorite shoebox to make the box (NOOOOO), and there were a lot of ants who weren't happy with my rock selection, haha! And of course, the picture is straight from my camera with no effects or editing Grin

If anyone is interested, I uploaded some "making of" stuff! This is a lot of pictures:
Making Of (Click to View)
Wait...

"Photographs must contain at least one real Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, or SonoKong manufactured Beyblade. No exceptions!"

You photo has Beyblade parts, but not enough to make a full Beyblade. Does this go against the rules? Any clarification? Nevertheless, the concept of the photo is amazing! XD
(Jun. 04, 2013  12:17 AM)Meow! Wrote: Wait...

"Photographs must contain at least one real Hasbro, Takara-Tomy, or SonoKong manufactured Beyblade. No exceptions!"

You photo has Beyblade parts, but not enough to make a full Beyblade. Does this go against the rules? Any clarification?

I really think it's okay, and it'd be a sticky issue if it wasn't: every top-down shot would have to be disqualified since we can't verify if they have all the parts, and if those weren't disqualified then I might as well mention the full Basalt Horogium you couldn't see because it was holding the stick up in the box.
In all brutal honesty here, if you're trying to pull that here it comes across as incredibly jerkish.

Ingulit's not even using fake parts like others have in the past. The only difference is that there are parts. If you want to be technical, the rules don't "state" that it has to be a full beyblade per se, but rather contain it. By using scattered pieces and such I would presume that this kind of concept should be okay.

I mean, it's not like he's going against the 'spirit of the competition or anything', so personally it was hardly necessary to point that out...

On topic: Excellent concept and picture Ingulit + woo extension thanks Committee!
-Wipes head- FEW! I got a pic waiting but I couldn't upload it in time but now that it is extended I can! THANK YOU Kai-V !!!! I really hope you guys like my pic when I post it. It took some time and effort and I did not edit it.
YES! I still have time cause I got a pic that will blow all of you guy's minds. Can't wait to see yours VDL (If I can call you that) Oh! and thank's Kai-V
"Immobile Stream"
It was a Committee decision to extend the deadline by the way, guys, hah.
(Jun. 03, 2013  11:36 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I'm happy with how it came out! The Horogium wheels are representative of the melting clocks, and each is adorned with an appropriately-colored "dial" on top. The "tree" is a branch from a nearby tree that I whittled into the appropriate shape. The cloth is a handkerchief, and the mountains are rocks from the edge of a nearby lake. I had to cut up my favorite shoebox to make the box (NOOOOO), and there were a lot of ants who weren't happy with my rock selection, haha! And of course, the picture is straight from my camera with no effects or editing Grin
Wow...that entry was amazing. I'm speechless haha
I love the concept & the way almost everything you used was composed of Beyblade parts
(May. 31, 2013  7:12 PM)Nemo Wrote: YAY! Lets go BEYDAYS!!

My Entry Hope I become the winner!!

U can't use that picture, its against the rules to use a picture you used in cannons contest.
But it looks super cool though!
Wow, all the entries are amazing so far! I guess I'll enter too... Uncertain

Here is my entry :

Title : My Beyblade, My Inspiration
Story : With beyblade I can play and learn together with my son, Give me inspiration that on my work I must set 4D : My Attack, Depend, balance, stamina Smile
Taken by : mobile camera with low resolution

(Jun. 04, 2013  10:35 PM)ryugavskyoya1 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2013  7:12 PM)Nemo Wrote: YAY! Lets go BEYDAYS!!

My Entry Hope I become the winner!!

U can't use that picture, its against the rules to use a picture you used in cannons contest.
But it looks super cool though!
Its not in the rules! I can use the pic and also my camera is not working so I had no choice but to post this pc.!! Unhappy
PM Kai-V and she will tell you the same thing nemo

(May. 18, 2013  12:49 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Considering I did this on my IPad, I hope it's ok. It took so long to get this perfectly!

A classic battle. Storm Pegasus vs. Lightning L-Drago

Kai-V: I read the post you said above, so since this is kinda blurry, can you still tell what I wanted to do in the photo?

LOL everyone is using I-Pad, diblee123 used a I-Pad 4 gen
I used a ideapad. Also, since me and diblee123 are brothers, can only one of us enter? Just making sure.
No, if you guys are 2 different people, then I'm sure you both can enter.
Here's my entry. Not much, but oh well.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/imagexcy.jpg/
(Jun. 06, 2013  10:16 AM)andisakab Wrote: Here is my entry :

Title : My Beyblade, My Inspiration
Story : With beyblade I can play and learn together with my son, Give me inspiration that on my work I must set 4D : My Attack, Depend, balance, stamina Smile
Taken by : mobile camera with low resolution

This is so cool! I love the story behind this Grin