Bey Fray Qt

Toronto, Ontario
1st
2nd
3rd
Tournament Results
High Park
375 Colborne Lodge Dr
  Enter park via Bloor St W. entrance and drive down Colborne Lodge Dr. We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre.
10:00 AM on 08/21/2021
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

LOCATION CHANGE: Location changed to High Park. See details above and below.

After nine years ... Bey Fray returns for its fourth edition! Join the Toronto Beyblade community for a ranked Burst Format tournament at Dufferin Grove Park on August 21, 2021.

MUST READ: COVID-19 Recommendations in Effect
Due to COVID-19, all tournament participants and attendees are recommended to abide by the recommendations outlined and linked in full detail below. Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

1. Feeling unwell? Stay at home.
2. Wear a Mask or Face Covering
3. Thumbs Up Instead of Handshakes
4. Do Not Lend or Play with Others Equipment
5. During Beyblade Inspection, Disassemble Beyblades for Judges
6. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
7. Maintain Physical Distancing (2 meters/6 feet apart)
8. After each Match Judges Should Disinfect Stadium
9. Only Bladers Registered Before the Tournament Day may Participate
10. Eliminated from the tournament? You should leave the tournament area.

Please see additional event information and any local or federal requirements below.

The health and safety of each participant in this event will be our top priority. We expect all participants to respect the recommendations and abide by any requirements outlined on this page and linked below.

This event is being hosted in accordance with the WBO's COVID-19 event recommendations outlined above, as well as:

Check-in, Registration & Participant Limit (20) Details

Tournament Check-in Details
  • Check-in begins at 10:00AM.
  • Check-in ends at 10:30AM. We will begin the tournament shortly thereafter.
  • See more details under "Need-to-Know Information" below.
Registration & Participant Limit Details
  • This tournament has a maximum participant limit of 20 players.
  • If you are certain you can make it, please hit the blue JOIN TOURNAMENT button at the top of this page to register confirm your spot!
  • Once 20 players have registered, you will not be able to enter the tournament.
  • As such, only users registered on the list at the top of the event page can participate in the tournament. No exceptions.
  • If you are unable to make it to the event, DO NOT hit the "Join Tournament" button. If you need to withdraw, hit the UNJOIN/LEAVE TOURNAMENT button.
  • If something unexpected comes up last minute and you cannot come, please post in this thread. Any players who sign up on this thread and do not show up without any prior notice will receive a warning in accordance with our Community Rules.

We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre. See below:

[Image: TxXvWNn.jpg]

If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. We will be playing in the area on the grass in front of it. If you have any questions about the location, please post here!

NOTE: Public washrooms can be found just west of the Bloor St W entrance of High Park. There are no public washrooms available at the High Park Nature Centre. Do not knock on their door asking to enter.

[Image: mall-of-toys-logo.png]

Tournament Prizes – Sponsored by MallOfToys.com
The winner (1st place player) of this tournament will receive an online gift code for MallOfToys.com, the official worldbeyblade.org sponsor! The online gift code will be distributed via private message directly to the winner after this event has been successfully processed by WBO Staff.

• 1st Place: $30 USD Gift Code

Tournament Bracket on Challonge

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

As always, during the tournament while we cannot give you a set time for when your next match will take place, you are welcome to follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge. Challonge is the management tool we use to run the event.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

What will the tournament format be? (Single Elim, Double Elim, Round Robin, Swiss)
(Aug. 15, 2021  5:36 AM)Ghost_Ninja Wrote: What will the tournament format be? (Single Elim, Double Elim, Round Robin, Swiss)

Assuming all 20 people show up, it should be swiss format.

12-16 people would be group round robin, and 4-11 people would be round robin.

I do suggest reading the organizers guide and all the rulebooks, they have lots of useful information.
(Aug. 15, 2021  5:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2021  5:36 AM)Ghost_Ninja Wrote: What will the tournament format be? (Single Elim, Double Elim, Round Robin, Swiss)

Assuming all 20 people show up, it should be swiss format.

12-16 people would be group round robin, and 4-11 people would be round robin.

I do suggest reading the organizers guide and all the rulebooks, they have lots of useful information.
Figured as much, just wanted some reassurance. Thanks for this.
Is there going to be a second tournament after this one. Same day I mean
Justin TC, OldSchool™, 1234beyblade, henwooja1, BladerBeast, originalzankye, MDK Shady, Tahoor, Tempest546, Lrexman, Aigasrage, Ghost_Ninja, LuinorBlader, Smartsin the6, Dan, Attila, Ninjahacker, ElizaTheEternal, CyborgJoker

Hello everyone! Please see three important announcements about this tournament below:

1. LOCATION CHANGE – High Park
This event will no longer be hosted at Dufferin Grove Park. See details below:

Event Description - Location Wrote:Location
We'll be playing outside on the grass in front of the High Park Nature Centre. See below:

[Image: TxXvWNn.jpg]

If you're coming to High Park via the Bloor St W entrance, just follow that road down on the right side and you'll see the large building/shelter on the left hand side before you reach the tennis courts. We will be playing in the area on the grass in front of it. If you have any questions about the location, please post here!

NOTE: Public washrooms can be found just west of the Bloor St W entrance of High Park. There are no public washrooms available at the High Park Nature Centre. Do not knock on their door asking to enter.

I’ve heard some reports about a lot of tents and protests occurring at Dufferin Grove Park up until at least a few weeks ago and haven’t been able to verify if things have changed since then. So, to avoid any potential issues it seems safer to move this event over to High Park.

2. Event Specific Rule Changes
The following rule changes will be in effect and have been approved specifically for this ranked event to test them out:

Bey Fray Qt Event Specific Rule Changes Wrote:Battle Limit & Consecutive Draws
All first stage matches have a battle limit of ten battles. If a tenth battle is reached or a judge calls a third consecutive draw by outspin and:

1. One player has more points than the other: The player with more points wins the match.

2. The score is tied: the match score remains as is and each player selects a Beyblade with all different parts from the any previous incomplete match. Then, the match continues with the new Beyblades and:

• The first player to score a point wins.
  • Or if the judge calls three consecutive draws by outspin, repeat step number two above.

First & Final Stage Win Condition Point Value Changes
All existing point values for each win condition in first and final stage matches will remain the same as is listed in the rulebook except for:

• First Stage: Burst Finish will be worth 1 point.
  • Final Stage: Knock-Outs will be worth 2 points.

The first is related to an ongoing problem in the community lately due to the increased frequency and likelihood of draws in Burst Format, which has extended many matches to well beyond how much time they should realistically take. Our final solution to this is still being discussed and may change by the time something is implemented across the WBO, but we’d like to test this version as our first attempt.

The point value changes are something which is being considered mainly in an effort to unify the point values across each of our Burst Formats. Again, this may change in the future, but we’d like to test it out at this event.

3. Challonge Tournament Bracket
The tournament bracket page has been setup. Participants will be added here on the day of the event:

https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/BeyFrayQt

(Aug. 17, 2021  10:44 PM)Ghost_Ninja Wrote: Is there going to be a second tournament after this one. Same day I mean

There will not.
Justin TC, OldSchool™, 1234beyblade, henwooja1, BladerBeast, originalzankye, MDK Shady, Tahoor, Tempest546, Lrexman, Aigasrage, Ghost_Ninja, LuinorBlader, Smartsin the6, Dan, Attila, Ninjahacker, ElizaTheEternal, CyborgJoker

Hey everyone, would any of you be able to bring a Burst Beystadium Standard Type to use at the tournament? OldSchool™ was going to bring them, but something came up and he isn't sure if he can make it. If I can get confirmation that three or four of you could bring one Burst BeyStadium Standard Type each we should be good for the event.

Thanks!
(Aug. 20, 2021  11:51 PM)Kei Wrote: Justin TC, OldSchool™, 1234beyblade, henwooja1, BladerBeast, originalzankye, MDK Shady, Tahoor, Tempest546, Lrexman, Aigasrage, Ghost_Ninja, LuinorBlader, Smartsin the6, Dan, Attila, Ninjahacker, ElizaTheEternal, CyborgJoker

Hey everyone, would any of you be able to bring a Burst Beystadium Standard Type to use at the tournament? OldSchool™ was going to bring them, but something came up and he isn't sure if he can make it. If I can get confirmation that three or four of you could bring one Burst BeyStadium Standard Type each we should be good for the event.

Thanks!

I’ll bring mine!
(Aug. 20, 2021  11:51 PM)Kei Wrote: Hey everyone, would any of you be able to bring a Burst Beystadium Standard Type to use at the tournament? OldSchool™ was going to bring them, but something came up and he isn't sure if he can make it. If I can get confirmation that three or four of you could bring one Burst BeyStadium Standard Type each we should be good for the event.

Thanks!

I would be happy to! We’ll be bringing the tarps and mats as well
(Aug. 20, 2021  11:51 PM)Kei Wrote: Justin TC, OldSchool™, 1234beyblade, henwooja1, BladerBeast, originalzankye, MDK Shady, Tahoor, Tempest546, Lrexman, Aigasrage, Ghost_Ninja, LuinorBlader, Smartsin the6, Dan, Attila, Ninjahacker, ElizaTheEternal, CyborgJoker

Thanks!

I’ll bring my standard stadium

Thanks!

I can too!!
Perfect! Thanks everyone. That should be enough.

Thanks!

I can bring mine if one more is needed
Sorry folks, family emergency came up. See you all at the next one! Joyful_3
Be safe and stay hydrated!
Fun tournament it was a blast to do a ranked one since forever! Gonna keep a good eye on Left Astral with Rise  

Good job to everyone! Hope the next one isn't too far away maybe after Guilty releases
Dang, I forgot the tournament was today, I hope everyone had fun and stayed safe!
1st: Tahoor
2nd: Kei
3rd: Justin TC
4th: henwooja1

Thanks to everyone who came today! And congratulations to Tahoor for his first place finish! He's played in many tournaments since 2017 and this was also his first ranked top three finish, so that's a huge accomplishment. He placed third in our unranked event in July, so he's on the rise. 👀

Report coming soon on my blog BeyBase!
GG everyone. You all did very well
Tournament Results Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

To WBO Staff: As noted in the spreadsheet, the Swiss Round 2 result between Tahoor and myself was input incorrectly in Challonge as Kei being the winner. This was not noticed until Round 4.

We proceeded according to guidelines in Organizer's Guide. After completing all five rounds to determine finalists we adjusted each player's record to reflect the proper result: moved Tahoor up to the group of 4-1 players and moved Kei down to the 3-2 group. Each was then sorted based on standard Tied Records procedures for Swiss Format.

My report is also up on BeyBase! I split it into three parts. The second and third parts directly cover the tournament itself:

[Image: 6w8vf2F.jpg]

Read Now: The Top 3 New Beyblade Burst DB Parts For Tournaments (Bey Fray Qt Report – Part 2)

[Image: j3IAkYs.jpg]

Read Now: Has The Savior Blade Made Right-Spin Attack Competitive Again? (Bey Fray Qt Report – Part 3)
This event has now been pre-processed.
This matches for event have now been processed.