Becoming an Organizer

Hello everyone I'm interested in becoming an organizer in my community, I mostly want to do this to introduce my nephew and others to the world of competitive beyblading and have a good solid group to battle against. I grew up playing pokemon cards and play a lot of MTG and love going to the shop to play at a FNM. I see the potential in beyblades as pokemon was to me as a kid. So my goal is to get the scene bursting around me. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance and i cant wait to hear from you!!
(Oct. 29, 2019  4:06 AM)MarcoCoolidge Wrote: Hello everyone I'm interested in becoming an organizer in my community, I mostly want to do this to introduce my nephew and others to the world of competitive beyblading and have a good solid group to battle against. I grew up playing pokemon cards and play a lot of MTG and love going to the shop to play at a FNM. I see the potential in beyblades as pokemon was to me as a kid. So my goal is to get the scene bursting around me. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance and i cant wait to hear from you!!

Where do you live?
(Oct. 29, 2019  4:07 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2019  4:06 AM)MarcoCoolidge Wrote: Hello everyone I'm interested in becoming an organizer in my community, I mostly want to do this to introduce my nephew and others to the world of competitive beyblading and have a good solid group to battle against. I grew up playing pokemon cards and play a lot of MTG and love going to the shop to play at a FNM. I see the potential in beyblades as pokemon was to me as a kid. So my goal is to get the scene bursting around me. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance and i cant wait to hear from you!!

Where do you live?

Im from Seattle, I was looking for tourneys to compete in but no one is running them around me. So Im making it my new goal to get a league going here. I know that it is popular with in my area but there is no where to play.
Well, find a public park, ideally one with a covered canopy area. Got any of those?
Yeah I know of plenty. Once I take the quiz and become an organizer I plan on talking to a few LGS owners near me about hosting beyblade tournaments. I play alot of magic and frequent them quite often and know that they are always welcoming to the space they have if no other events are taking place. I'm sure when it's summer time I'll get the park tourneys going.
Step 2 is to find at least 3 other people who want to participate.

Find an existing Seattle thread and say "I am planning on organizing a tournament at (location) on the date (pick something like 2 months away). Can at least 3 other people confirm they will attend?"

Get 3 of your associates, perhaps your nephew and his friends, to confirm that interest.
Then take the organizers quiz. You'll need 50 meaningful posts first.

Good luck.
When I do the quiz and become an organizer, I will host it in Florida, get Beyblade prizes, and have a Partner to help me.