Bakuten Shoot Beyblade: Rising (Manga)

New episode? Of the anime? It does not really seem to say that, no?

EDIT : It is indeed not an episode, but a new manga of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Rising, possibly more than just one chapter. This has nothing to do with an anime at all.
New episode of what? Why did CoroCoro say nothing about this on their official page?!  O_o
My god! It's my chance to have a second Driger! Thanks, Marutti!!
(Mar. 10, 2017  7:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: New episode? Of the anime? It does not really seem to say that, no?

EDIT : It is indeed not an episode, but a new manga of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Rising, possibly more than just one chapter. This has nothing to do with an anime at all.

I fix it

[Image: cyY5mdI.png]
I just made Ray who fall to Dark side as joke.
But I'm not good at edting.
Could someone make it better please.
I bet it was planned to end at chapter 2, then recently they decided to continue it.
(Mar. 10, 2017  9:08 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I bet it was planned to end at chapter 2,  then recently they decided to continue it.

How great... more fanservice! Gotta love Aoki's creativity...
(Mar. 10, 2017  9:08 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: I bet it was planned to end at chapter 2, then recently they decided to continue it.

That's great 2 hear that they make more chapters on beyblade
(Mar. 10, 2017  7:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote: New episode? Of the anime? It does not really seem to say that, no?

This is good news! It would be cool if we could have this running as its own series alongside Burst. At the very least, I hope that whatever we do get will receive a compiled volume release with the first two chapters we got.
[Image: takaokyo2017.0312.jpg]

One more picture on Aoki's website, updated today. 
And they said it should take place a year after GRevolution...?
Right, a selfie and a smartphone in 2004. You gotta be kidding, sensei...
AOKI-SAMA WHY

That's a good point you make that this is a year after G-Revolution.. but of course, this is an anime and they can change the representation of a time period anyway they want, haha.

Now, I'm interested in where that background is from.. hm..
I thought Mr. Aoki wasn't going to continue this. Looks like he was just waiting to check whether the original Beyblade was still popular, judging by the success of the Beyblade Bar. If he becomes more consistent with these manga issues, then I don't see why we won't get an anime in the future.
(Mar. 12, 2017  1:37 PM)Hato Wrote: That's a good point you make that this is a year after G-Revolution... but of course, this is an anime and they can change the representation of a time period anyway they want, haha.
Yeah absolutely but still it makes no sense, especially if you're trying to give a continuity to your own timeline!?
It actually was my first thought as I read the first chapter of Rising: Kyouju's 2003-ish laptop turning into a 2014+ TABLET in one year? Gotta be kidding me, right? It's 11 years gap in your own work's continuity, are you an author or what?

And in the first chapter we even got to see a flashback of the guys during the GRev years right before Kai departed and Kyouju already had that tablet... what?!
Not to mention all the details like Mao suddenly turning cloying pink from the original red hair and blue clothing with the spotted jacket around her waist..... nothing about this sounds right, what is going on in Aoki's brains!? DD:

I can almost see him swinging on a wrecking ball Miley Cyrus style as all the Beyblade timeline collapses for the sake of money...

(Mar. 12, 2017  2:03 PM)Oi Shinji Wrote: I thought Mr. Aoki wasn't going to continue this. Looks like he was just waiting to check whether the original Beyblade was still popular, judging by the success of the Beyblade Bar. If he becomes more consistent with these manga issues, then I don't see why we won't get an anime in the future.

I love Beyblade as much as anyone else here, and I really hoped he wasn't, exactly because of the sake and integrity of the series and its characters.
Anyway, the Beyblade Bar was a celebration for Beyblade's 15 years -- started with Bakuten -- but the bar was open to all the fans and series, from OG to Burst. In fact, the game was focusing on Burst only, and Morita sensei was there all the time!!
Idk if we'll ever get a new BSB Anime, that feels a little far-fetched. Personally I'd rather see the (studio-mandated?) Anime-movie-that-happens-during-the-second-season be a Beyblade Burst vs. BBA team type movie. It'd make the canon between both series messy, but I think it'd be worth it to see Dragoon vs. Valkyrie and other matchups. Tongue_out
(Mar. 12, 2017  2:03 PM)Oi Shinji Wrote: I thought Mr. Aoki wasn't going to continue this. Looks like he was just waiting to check whether the original Beyblade was still popular, judging by the success of the Beyblade Bar. If he becomes more consistent with these manga issues, then I don't see why we won't get an anime in the future.

Aoki Takao is not responsible for whether new chapters get published. He is put on contract, so he would never just draw a new chapter on his own, it all depends on whether TAKARA-TOMY and CoroCoro think there should be more. Some of the ideas, like that of using modern devices, may come from those directors too instead of himself.

(Mar. 12, 2017  2:04 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: The Beyblade Bar was a celebration for Bakuten's 15 years but the bar was for all the series, from OG to Burst. In fact, the game was focusing on Burst only!!

No, there was nothing about Metal Fight Beyblade, and Beyblade Burst was only available for on-site battles because obviously Plastics are super rare and brittle after so many years; it would not have made sense to just leave them out for play when they can fetch a hundred dollars each in auctions...
(Mar. 12, 2017  2:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Aoki Takao is not responsible for whether new chapters get published. He is put on contract, so he would never just draw a new chapter on his own, it all depends on whether TAKARA-TOMY and CoroCoro think there should be more.  Some of the ideas, like that of using modern devices, may come from those directors too instead of himself.

Absolutely true but at this point you can't deny that the timeline is messed up, they could've made a random special that you could place whenever you wanted instead of making a "continuation" that cannot even hold water... unless they're planning to get the Burst crew to meet Bakuten's at some point, but that'd be a modern!AU rather than a continuation.

(Mar. 12, 2017  2:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, there was nothing about Metal Fight Beyblade, and Beyblade Burst was only available for on-site battles because obviously Plastics are super rare and brittle after so many years; it would not have made sense to just leave them out for play when they can fetch a hundred dollars each in auctions...

Morita sensei was there to sign autographs way more than Aoki sensei (he just showed up to sign some sketches of the Bladebreakers and Mao), on a regular basis... and Twitter was filled with Burst-related advertising connected to the bar!! How does Japanese advertising logic even work?
(Mar. 12, 2017  2:04 PM)HellenaMaezono Wrote: Yeah absolutely but still it makes no sense, especially if you're trying to give a continuity to your own timeline!?
It actually was my first thought as I read the first chapter of Rising: Kyouju's 2003-ish laptop turning into a 2014+ TABLET in one year? Gotta be kidding me, right? It's 11 years gap in your own work's continuity, are you an author or what?

And in the first chapter we even got to see a flashback of the guys during the GRev years right before Kai departed and Kyouju already had that tablet... what?!
Not to mention all the details like Mao suddenly turning cloying pink from the original red hair and blue clothing with the spotted jacket around her waist..... nothing about this sounds right, what is going on in Aoki's brains!? DD:

I can almost see him swinging on a wrecking ball Miley Cyrus style as all the Beyblade timeline collapses for the sake of money...

Dude, I gotta agree with you in terms of a new series. For now BSB Rising just seems like a fun off shoot thing. But if they were to make a continuation after g revolution it's gonna be very difficult to make it good or believable. I might even go so far as to say a good continuation after g revolution is damn near impossible if the blade breakers are the main characters. The blade breakers have done it all at this Point. For them to have any challenges at all we'd be left with but a few options.

Option 1: Make the blade breakers weaker again thus creating the same effect v force had leaving u with a feeling of why are they so weak.

Option 2: Make their opponents randomly stronger which would be pretty much a stretch since they were already pushing the suspension of disbelief with the Bega League. You can't just have several teams stronger then the bega bladers pop up randomly with no explanation. It could backfire big time.

Option 3: Repeat what you've already done and have them fight eachother or old characters in what would look like a rip off of the g revolution tournament but only bigger. It's a shame that the HMS is out of the Picture then cause of how the HMS was built up as being so powerful it could have been used as a powerboost thing if you wanted to make old characters stronger.

None of these options sound very good or believable in anyway at all. I Think that Takao Aoki was on the right route in the special chapter when he passed the torch, that's a way in which the old blade breakers could have remained strong and you could still have gotten new adventures. It could have been made to get a new generation into beyblade while maybe drawing in the old fans with a bit of interest. You'd see the blade breakers in a more mentor type role and who knows at some Point they could maybe even battle themselves as with the time skip it'd make sense if there turned up someone who caught up with them.

Some things would be repeated no matter what you did though. There's only one aspect I see possible to explore more on and that's the ancient history of beyblading, and at best you could only carry that on for 1-3 arcs. Another option is fighting Hiro but I don't know if I'd like it very much to see him as a main enemy or something.

I don't know I hope it turns out good but I see many ways in which this could turn out worse then v force if continued. There are many bumps in the road that we're on.
No anime, then? Uncertain
There's very little to say left (exposition, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution, that's how stories work, that's why at some point they end), they've gone through three seasons where they basically covered pretty much everything, getting overly powerful Beyblades only to come back to S-plastic styled Burst Beyblades with no explanation whatsoever. If any of these options were to be considered by a group of professionals, OMG I'd be very disappointed, they sound so trite and cliché...

(Mar. 12, 2017  2:28 PM)Breedo Wrote: I Think that Takao Aoki was on the right route in the special chapter when he passed the torch, that's a way in which the old blade breakers could have remained strong and you could still have gotten new adventures. It could have been made to get a new generation into Beyblade while maybe drawing in the old fans with a bit of interest. You'd see the blade breakers in a more mentor type role and who knows at some point they could maybe even battle themselves as with the time skip it'd make sense if there turned up someone who caught up with them.

Heck no, thank you very much. Please don't mention it to me again, it brings back daunting memories.

(Mar. 12, 2017  2:28 PM)Breedo Wrote: Some things would be repeated no matter what you did though. There's only one aspect I see possible to explore more on and that's the ancient history of beyblading, and at best you could only carry that on for 1-3 arcs. Another option is fighting Hiro but I don't know if I'd like it very much to see him as a main enemy or something.
I don't know I hope it turns out good but I see many ways in which this could turn out worse then v force if continued. There are many bumps in the road that we're on.

Absolutely, every generation of Beyblade basically went through a repeating pattern, same is with Burst now.

Regarding Bakuten, I wished in a special that would be like a simple tribute to the series for its 15 years (one or two special chapters, a reprint of the original manga, maybe a remastered version of the three seasons in Blu Ray, an event and that's it, yay, all happy), not in an attempt at raising other money.
I guess there's more than we know beneath all this. I don't think Aoki could be that unreasonable to mess up his own story's timeline and characters without a purpose (even if in his own manga there are rather big inconsistencies already)... unless he likes to swing on wrecking balls for some more green :P
It was very obvious that Morita Hiro being there and all other Burst stuff being on site was just for selfish advertisement of the ongoing series on TAKARA-TOMY's part. You should not read deeper into it: it was just so that old fans kept getting SPAMmed with the current Beyblade series, in hope that they would jump on the train and TAKARA-TOMY would make more profit from the line that is actually giving them more profit as we speak. Of course they could not just make a bar in tribute of one series and respect it by leaving the shrine alone in Bakuten-related stuff: they had to poison the atmosphere with their latest baby.
(Mar. 12, 2017  2:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It was very obvious that Morita Hiro being there and all other Burst stuff being on site was just for selfish advertisement of the ongoing series on TAKARA-TOMY's part. You should not read deeper into it: it was just so that old fans kept getting SPAMmed with the current Beyblade series, in hope that they would jump on the train and TAKARA-TOMY would make more profit from the line that is actually giving them more profit as we speak. Of course they could not just make a bar in tribute of one series and respect it by leaving the shrine alone in Bakuten-related stuff: they had to poison the atmosphere with their latest baby.

That's is absolutely true... but to be fair, and I speak as a Bakuten veteran since 2002, I see it the other way around: it's Bakuten that has come and gone, it's supposed to be Burst's turn now, so technically speaking the ones poisoning the atmosphere are Aoki and Bakuten, not Morita and Burst. And you can easily figure that, because it's Aoki's work that is getting more and more ridiculous and nonsensical with each release, not Morita's.
He and the company are throwing in fanservice like there's no tomorrow... it's getting awkward.
But it is TAKARA-TOMY's deliberate decision to bring back Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, so yes, in that sense they are poisoning it with Burst, not the other way around. I am also a veteran since 2002, so I do not know what the point is hah.
(Mar. 12, 2017  3:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: But it is TAKARA-TOMY's deliberate decision to bring back Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, so yes, in that sense they are poisoning it with Burst, not the other way around. I am also a veteran since 2002, so I do not know what the point is hah.

I have no idea why they would bring it back, though I assume it's mostly because now it's a trend to bring back all the old series so that old fans can get on the Nostalgia Train and give up some good bucks for the sake of greed: "I don't care what I get as long as I see them again".

Well, either way you look at it, one is poisoning the other, no doubt. Unless they're planning to do like a "special mashup" thingy sometime in the future..... but giving that out as a "sequel"? A reboot would've done way better, at least it was "new" and the timeline would've made sense.
And I still don't get why he didn't use Hiromi. It's because she's only in the anime? Good, okay, use Mao, but why the anime palette then?
The way I see it, bringing back BSB was one of those "good ideas on paper" type of things, it was really just a throwback to the older fans and I doubt it was meant to last that long, so I guess they didn't put 100% effort onto it (even when they probably expect their goals to be 100%), probably because they wanted to focus on the main line. If they had to focus on this throwback any more, it would become too big for just a throw back and then it would "poison" the Burst atmosphere. The throwback wasn't necessary sure, but it was at least a nice thing to do, it's certainly better than the tribute characters from Zero G. BSB Rising could've been integrated in the continuity better but I always saw it as more of a reboot, even if it isn't really. I haven't read the manga yet (and I don't plan on it for a while) but is there anything on that manga that tried to tie in with the continuity other than someone claiming it was part of the continuity?