Bakugan or Beyblade

I don't know where can I put this topic.
I love beyblade more than Bakugan.
But in Japan everyone discuss this topic a lot.
Because TT want to make beyblade burst series finish and Shift to Bakugan.
But Bakugan is unsuccess in Japan too.
If you can choose only 1 toy which will you choose.
That's problem happened because both of them release by TT in Japan.
Reason of why TT want to stop beyblade burst 

1 Cho Z series was very strong and even now it's very popular and it makes GT series sell number down.

2  A lot of cheeting appear and it's difficult to beginer join and win.

3 People who lose in tournament said complain and shop don't want to hold more tournaments.

Reason of Bakugan is unsuccess in Japan,

1 Bakugan Battle Blawers (Sega Bakugan) was unsuccess. In USA, they made Animation until season 4 but in Japan it finish season 1. And after it become popular in USA it came back. That image makes Japanese people think if I bought Bakugan now it finish soon again.

2 Battle Planet Rule is too monotony to play. In Japan, before Gachi Baku was popular because if other player has strong Bakugan you can kick out it by the shoot. But in Battle Planet, they take off that rule and just compare battle power. It means if you have 3 strong Bakugan you don't need buy other Bakugan and make rule boring.

3 Too expensive. To play Bakugan you need 3 balls and 40 cards. In Japan, elementary school students recieve only 1000 yen (average) from parents. 1 Bakugan is normal 1000 yen, DX 1400 yen. It's hard to collect every month and +collect cards sounds hard.

4 You need 2 players at least. Beyblade can play by myself but Bakugan need 2 people at least.

5 1 Game is long. Beyblade Burst 1 game is only few seconds but Bakugan take few mins / game.
I also heard the new art style of Bakugan Battle Planet was unpopular in Japan. Might be too western looking for an anime art style.

I'm fine with it myself but that's apparently a reason too.
My guess is that maybe the style and the more "westernized" humour in Bakugan Battle Planet just didn't land well with Japan (I personally thought BBP was a pretty decent and funny show). Kind of like what happened when Yokai Watch was ported to the US, it was very successful in Japan but was one of the biggest flops in the US, since the humour didn't land with western kids.

Of course, it might not be a cultural reason and it might just be other different reasons since Bakugan has always been unpopular with Japan (from what I've heard).
I really like both Bakugan and Beyblade and I want Bakugan to be a success but I also do not want Beyblade to stop. I would love if Beyblade Burst would get a fifth season, but I do not know if that is possible if they switch to Bakugan. And what happens if they switch to Bakugan and Bakugan fails in Japan. Does that mean that if that happens, Beyblade will be discontinued for nothing? Unhappy
It's nice to hear the state of both Beyblade and Bakugan from the perspective of somebody in Japan, so thanks Marutti. I've been thinking over how Battle Planet has been doing and it doesn't seem too surprising that it's not doing well in Japan, as hard as that is to say.

It's true that Bakugan never really bloomed in Japan until BakuTech launched, which focused more on the aspect of the game beyond gate cards with more strategic rolling techniques and physical mechanics to beat opponents (knocking them off the card and gimmicks to prevent opponents from landing), and I feel as if Japan is already saturated enough with TCGs that it could be hard for Bakugan to break in. I thought it had a chance because of how BakuTech was received and while this did vary from trying to knock or block other Bakugan it had the fuller card game element, though the price increase in Japan is something that I see could hinder it too. The Japanese MSRP is slightly higher in conversion than the American prices for most of the main line products, but having it be higher for the card deck set (or Start Dash set as I think it's called) is a poor choice as its a pricey entrance cost. The non-necessary products, like the arena and case, are way over the American MSRP which I feel would drive some people away seeing what add-ons are being charged. Back to the TCG though; it's really viewed as monotonous gameplay? That's the most surprising part of all this to me. Sure it's not fast, but with a 40 card deck being your life points it's a good pace for a card game IMO, but I assume the audience prefers the BakuTech strategy more than the card strategy as you mentioned. Really interesting.

Now about the show; I've heard that season 1, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, actually did decent on air and it was mostly the toys which failed. Your perspective seems to line up with what's I've seen, as out of all 2019 anime series currently on air it's Bakugan Battle Planet which had the biggest drop in it's viewership, sitting at about 30% of what it was when episode 1 premiered if I remember correctly. This information is probably from a month ago too, so I would wonder if it would continue to dip in audience and if it did would it be cancelled in Japan. My opinion is that the art style doesn't resonate with the foreign audience either (and maybe not in North America either but that's a different can of worms to open), it's a mix of (modern) anime and cartoon. It could be the plot as well which isn't moving the fastest, but while I can enjoy the show it could just be too slow for some.

That's all I can think of for Bakugan for now. Now, for Beyblade: I am surprised to hear that cheating is seemingly high, I wouldn't expect that to be such a large issue if what you're saying is to that extent. I can see what's going on with Cho-Z being stronger than Gachi, because while I see Gachi as a fun series I guess its hard to compete against the current top tier combos which would mostly be from Cho-Z. There's the variants of Perfect Phoenix, I would assume Hell Salamander and Archer Hercules are still running around, probably some Cho-Z Valkyrie for attack. I wonder how long the impact of this meta will last, because Deathscyther ran right into Dual Layers before getting banned by the WBBA, then the meta moved on to what was Garuda and Spriggan Requiem fun times (no it wasn't fun), which was then proceeded by Cho-Z. Hopefully some new Gachi stuff can come to create more emphasis to be bought. Also, that's my take on the competitive time line so please correct me if I am wrong.

Overall, it's sad to see Bakugan still have issues in Japan (though it is more catered to the western audience) and hopefully Burst doesn't end on a low note.
(Jun. 12, 2019  9:53 PM)Hato Wrote: It's nice to hear the state of both Beyblade and Bakugan from the perspective of somebody in Japan, so thanks Marutti. I've been thinking over how Battle Planet has been doing and it doesn't seem too surprising that it's not doing well in Japan, as hard as that is to say.

It's true that Bakugan never really bloomed in Japan until BakuTech launched, which focused more on the aspect of the game beyond gate cards with more strategic rolling techniques and physical mechanics to beat opponents (knocking them off the card and gimmicks to prevent opponents from landing), and I feel as if Japan is already saturated enough with TCGs that it could be hard for Bakugan to break in. I thought it had a chance because of how BakuTech was received and while this did vary from trying to knock or block other Bakugan it had the fuller card game element, though the price increase in Japan is something that I see could hinder it too. The Japanese MSRP is slightly higher in conversion than the American prices for most of the main line products, but having it be higher for the card deck set (or Start Dash set as I think it's called) is a poor choice as its a pricey entrance cost. The non-necessary products, like the arena and case, are way over the American MSRP which I feel would drive some people away seeing what add-ons are being charged. Back to the TCG though; it's really viewed as monotonous gameplay? That's the most surprising part of all this to me. Sure it's not fast, but with a 40 card deck being your life points it's a good pace for a card game IMO, but I assume the audience prefers the BakuTech strategy more than the card strategy as you mentioned. Really interesting.

Now about the show; I've heard that season 1, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, actually did decent on air and it was mostly the toys which failed. Your perspective seems to line up with what's I've seen, as out of all 2019 anime series currently on air it's Bakugan Battle Planet which had the biggest drop in it's viewership, sitting at about 30% of what it was when episode 1 premiered if I remember correctly. This information is probably from a month ago too, so I would wonder if it would continue to dip in audience and if it did would it be cancelled in Japan. My opinion is that the art style doesn't resonate with the foreign audience either (and maybe not in North America either but that's a different can of worms to open), it's a mix of (modern) anime and cartoon. It could be the plot as well which isn't moving the fastest, but while I can enjoy the show it could just be too slow for some.

That's all I can think of for Bakugan for now. Now, for Beyblade: I am surprised to hear that cheating is seemingly high, I wouldn't expect that to be such a large issue if what you're saying is to that extent. I can see what's going on with Cho-Z being stronger than Gachi, because while I see Gachi as a fun series I guess its hard to compete against the current top tier combos which would mostly be from Cho-Z. There's the variants of Perfect Phoenix, I would assume Hell Salamander and Archer Hercules are still running around, probably some Cho-Z Valkyrie for attack. I wonder how long the impact of this meta will last, because Deathscyther ran right into Dual Layers before getting banned by the WBBA, then the meta moved on to what was Garuda and Spriggan Requiem fun times (no it wasn't fun), which was then proceeded by Cho-Z. Hopefully some new Gachi stuff can come to create more emphasis to be bought. Also, that's my take on the competitive time line so please correct me if I am wrong.

Overall, it's sad to see Bakugan still have issues in Japan (though it is more catered to the western audience) and hopefully Burst doesn't end on a low note.

Because in Japan they didn't release Card pack(only start deck) yet and people makes feel monotony to play.
For me, I felt like it was the lack of interest in Bakugan (or at least, between my friends and my area of the city). Its true that the anime was pretty popular in the US. My friends and I enjoyed watching the anime endlessly and its still apart of our childhood. But for some reason, the toys seem a little unappealing to us. I still have three Bakugan balls on my desk, but its mainly the basic game idea that doesnt appeal to us. We would rather see the Bakugan “pop out” rather than have a full 1v1 Bakugan battle. Lol
I’ll choose Beyblade no matter what
(Jun. 13, 2019  12:21 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I’ll choose Beyblade no matter what

I am the same way.
(Jun. 13, 2019  12:21 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I’ll choose Beyblade no matter what

Definitely. I find that the fanbase is pretty united and “diverse” to an extent (there are knowledgeable BeyTrainers out there; excited Bladers; great writers and artists; etc)
I don’t think there’s any need to state the obvious, but I will.

I’D DEFINITELY CHOOSE BEYBLADE
(Jun. 13, 2019  12:22 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

I am the same way.

same
Bakugan is a ton of fun, IF you get the proper cards. But if you're unlucky, you'll be stuck with a lot of cards you won't use.

That's what kinda killed the game for me, buying pack after pack and just seeing the same cards over and over again.

In Beyblades, what you buy, you use. Even having double layers, disks, etc. It's fun to match up the same layers (for example) with other different parts and see which comes out on top.
I think both games are very satisfying to play and watch, but Beyblade is the overall winner in my book. I'm an only child, so I have to do pretty much everything on my own or with my parents, who aren't very knowledgable about any games I play. I like the idea of Bakugan, but because you have to have 2 players, I wouldn't be able to play more than 1 or 2 actual games of Bakugan per month. I used to spend hours on end with my neighbors playing Bakugan and watching TV at the same time, but now I'm on the other side of the United States, so I can't really do much with my Bakugan anymore unless I play with one of my younger friends. Honestly, Bakugan seems like a lot of the same thing: Rolling towards a Gate Card or BakuCore, hoping that you land on one, and hoping that your Bakugan's G-Power/B-Power is stronger than your opponent. Unless you play the Battle Planet TCG, which is hard to do unless you're a hardcore collector, there is very little strategy. Sure, maybe a different rolling technique can ensure that you land on a BakuCore uninterrupted, but that's pretty much it for the basic non-TCG version of the game. In Beyblade, you can use different strategies based on the specific combination of parts that you choose. Also, a TCG requires an insane amount of luck for you to actually get the cards that you want or need fo a Deck, while Beyblade doesn't force you to be lucky to win. Finally, as I stated in my Organizer's Quiz, my favorite part of Beyblade is how unpredictable a battle could be. It's very exciting to see a random big hit occur or even having a Dual Layer Bey and a Cho-Z Bey double Burst. Yes, these things can happen, but not many people expect it. Then, they start screaming and cheering. Bakugan doesn't have those kind of moments because it's too focused on "checkmating" your opponent rather than waiting to see what could happen if human control is gone.
If I'm being honest, I'd say bakugan. The first season (Battle Brawlers) had a really interesting plot, and the reboot isn't bad. I actually enjoyed it so far. As for the game, I like the unique Bakugan and the different rolling techniques there are. I also like the strategical aspect as well!

With Beyblade, I kinda feel like if you don't buy what's top tier, you lose. Bakugan may have this problem in the future but it's not as present right now because there haven't been a lot tournaments. Plus they are making an effort to listen to the community, so that might prevent the previous problem.

(Jun. 13, 2019  3:23 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think both games are very satisfying to play and watch, but Beyblade is the overall winner in my book. I'm an only child, so I have to do pretty much everything on my own or with my parents, who aren't very knowledgable about any games I play. I like the idea of Bakugan, but because you have to have 2 players, I wouldn't be able to play more than 1 or 2 actual games of Bakugan per month. I used to spend hours on end with my neighbors playing Bakugan and watching TV at the same time, but now I'm on the other side of the United States, so I can't really do much with my Bakugan anymore unless I play with one of my younger friends. Honestly, Bakugan seems like a lot of the same thing: Rolling towards a Gate Card or BakuCore, hoping that you land on one, and hoping that your Bakugan's G-Power/B-Power is stronger than your opponent. Unless you play the Battle Planet TCG, which is hard to do unless you're a hardcore collector, there is very little strategy. Sure, maybe a different rolling technique can ensure that you land on a BakuCore uninterrupted, but that's pretty much it for the basic non-TCG version of the game. In Beyblade, you can use different strategies based on the specific combination of parts that you choose. Also, a TCG requires an insane amount of luck for you to actually get the cards that you want or need fo a Deck, while Beyblade doesn't force you to be lucky to win. Finally, as I stated in my Organizer's Quiz, my favorite part of Beyblade is how unpredictable a battle could be. It's very exciting to see a random big hit occur or even having a Dual Layer Bey and a Cho-Z Bey double Burst. Yes, these things can happen, but not many people expect it. Then, they start screaming and cheering. Bakugan doesn't have those kind of moments because it's too focused on "checkmating" your opponent rather than waiting to see what could happen if human control is gone.

Well, there's more than just "hoping" you're bakugan lands, you could try knocking your opponent out of the way as well. And you kinda contradicted yourself. But hey, everyone has their own opinion.
(Jun. 13, 2019  3:47 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: If I'm being honest, I'd say bakugan. The first season (Battle Brawlers) had a really interesting plot, and the reboot isn't bad. I actually enjoyed it so far. As for the game, I like the unique Bakugan and the different rolling techniques there are. I also like the strategical aspect as well!

With Beyblade, I kinda feel like if you don't buy what's top tier, you lose. Bakugan may have this problem in the future but it's not as present right now because there haven't been a lot tournaments. Plus they are doing making an effort to listen to the community, so that might prevent the previous problem.

(Jun. 13, 2019  3:23 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I think both games are very satisfying to play and watch, but Beyblade is the overall winner in my book. I'm an only child, so I have to do pretty much everything on my own or with my parents, who aren't very knowledgable about any games I play. I like the idea of Bakugan, but because you have to have 2 players, I wouldn't be able to play more than 1 or 2 actual games of Bakugan per month. I used to spend hours on end with my neighbors playing Bakugan and watching TV at the same time, but now I'm on the other side of the United States, so I can't really do much with my Bakugan anymore unless I play with one of my younger friends. Honestly, Bakugan seems like a lot of the same thing: Rolling towards a Gate Card or BakuCore, hoping that you land on one, and hoping that your Bakugan's G-Power/B-Power is stronger than your opponent. Unless you play the Battle Planet TCG, which is hard to do unless you're a hardcore collector, there is very little strategy. Sure, maybe a different rolling technique can ensure that you land on a BakuCore uninterrupted, but that's pretty much it for the basic non-TCG version of the game. In Beyblade, you can use different strategies based on the specific combination of parts that you choose. Also, a TCG requires an insane amount of luck for you to actually get the cards that you want or need fo a Deck, while Beyblade doesn't force you to be lucky to win. Finally, as I stated in my Organizer's Quiz, my favorite part of Beyblade is how unpredictable a battle could be. It's very exciting to see a random big hit occur or even having a Dual Layer Bey and a Cho-Z Bey double Burst. Yes, these things can happen, but not many people expect it. Then, they start screaming and cheering. Bakugan doesn't have those kind of moments because it's too focused on "checkmating" your opponent rather than waiting to see what could happen if human control is gone.

Well, there's more than just "hoping" you're bakugan lands, you could try knocking your opponent out of the way as well. And you kinda contradicted yourself. But hey, everyone has their own opinion.

For the most part what I remember from my days of playing Bakugan are hoping that the Bakugan lands. Plus, in the original series, it was a lot harder to prevent your opponent from landing on a card because they had a lot more time to think and the cards were big. Even in Battle Planet, it's hard to block your opponent because you don't know how or where they're going to roll. Sure, there's some strategy, but Beyblade has strategies that depend on what kinds of combinations are being used on both sides rather than having just a few universal strategies.
(Jun. 13, 2019  3:56 PM)SCitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  3:47 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: If I'm being honest, I'd say bakugan. The first season (Battle Brawlers) had a really interesting plot, and the reboot isn't bad. I actually enjoyed it so far. As for the game, I like the unique Bakugan and the different rolling techniques there are. I also like the strategical aspect as well!

With Beyblade, I kinda feel like if you don't buy what's top tier, you lose. Bakugan may have this problem in the future but it's not as present right now because there haven't been a lot tournaments. Plus they are doing making an effort to listen to the community, so that might prevent the previous problem.

For the most part what I remember from my days of playing Bakugan are hoping that the Bakugan lands. Plus, in the original series, it was a lot harder to prevent your opponent from landing on a card because they had a lot more time to think and the cards were big. Even in Battle Planet, it's hard to block your opponent because you don't know how or where they're going to roll. Sure, there's some strategy, but Beyblade has strategies that depend on what kinds of combinations are being used on both sides rather than having just a few universal strategies.

That's where the TCG comes in. You can make strategies based on the combination of bakugan from different factions. Also each bakugan faction has a different focus. Like darkus focuses on sacrificing cards, and aquos foucuses on lower cost cards.
Beyblade is more fun and exciting, while bakugan is mostly luck of the draw. You will have more fun playing beyblades.
(Jun. 13, 2019  4:35 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  3:56 PM)SCitrusNinja3 Wrote: For the most part what I remember from my days of playing Bakugan are hoping that the Bakugan lands. Plus, in the original series, it was a lot harder to prevent your opponent from landing on a card because they had a lot more time to think and the cards were big. Even in Battle Planet, it's hard to block your opponent because you don't know how or where they're going to roll. Sure, there's some strategy, but Beyblade has strategies that depend on what kinds of combinations are being used on both sides rather than having just a few universal strategies.

That's where the TCG comes in. You can make strategies based on the combination of bakugan from different factions. Also each bakugan faction has a different focus. Like darkus focuses on sacrificing cards, and aquos foucuses on lower cost cards.

Too add to that, there's also human error to take into account. Some games you'll be rolling like a champ! Getting a bakucore on every roll. Other games, it's like your playing blind. Nothing works out! Your rolls are going left, right, backwards! It's crazy! You start thinking your Bakugan are defective, or superglued together! (obviously when your opponent tries them they open fine...)

In the meantime, your opponent is on his second team attack and you have like 10 cards left in your deck. 

It's fun, and takes more strategy than some people know. (ESPECIALLY with how you build your deck!) But again, you need good/right cards to play with the Bakugan you have. It's why early on, I stopped buying the Bakugan I liked/wanted and just bought the ones I had the evolutions/most cards of. Which again, kinda killed the game for me.
(Jun. 13, 2019  4:35 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  3:56 PM)SCitrusNinja3 Wrote: For the most part what I remember from my days of playing Bakugan are hoping that the Bakugan lands. Plus, in the original series, it was a lot harder to prevent your opponent from landing on a card because they had a lot more time to think and the cards were big. Even in Battle Planet, it's hard to block your opponent because you don't know how or where they're going to roll. Sure, there's some strategy, but Beyblade has strategies that depend on what kinds of combinations are being used on both sides rather than having just a few universal strategies.

But as I said before, it takes a lot of collecting, luck, and dedication to get the cards that you want, and you might not even get them.
(Jun. 13, 2019  7:10 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  4:35 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: That's where the TCG comes in. You can make strategies based on the combination of bakugan from different factions. Also each bakugan faction has a different focus. Like darkus focuses on sacrificing cards, and aquos foucuses on lower cost cards.

But as I said before, it takes a lot of collecting, luck, and dedication to get the cards that you want, and you might not even get them.
*Looks at all of the YouTubers trying to get a Rainbow Rare Charizard & Reshiram*
(Jun. 13, 2019  7:10 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  4:35 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: That's where the TCG comes in. You can make strategies based on the combination of bakugan from different factions. Also each bakugan faction has a different focus. Like darkus focuses on sacrificing cards, and aquos foucuses on lower cost cards.

There's a site called TCG player. You can get the exact cards you want there.

(Jun. 13, 2019  6:58 PM)Crumok Wrote:

Too add to that, there's also human error to take into account. Some games you'll be rolling like a champ! Getting a bakucore on every roll. Other games, it's like your playing blind. Nothing works out! Your rolls are going left, right, backwards! It's crazy! You start thinking your Bakugan are defective, or superglued together! (obviously when your opponent tries them they open fine...)

In the meantime, your opponent is on his second team attack and you have like 10 cards left in your deck. 

It's fun, and takes more strategy than some people know. (ESPECIALLY with how you build your deck!) But again, you need good/right cards to play with the Bakugan you have. It's why early on, I stopped buying the Bakugan I liked/wanted and just bought the ones I had the evolutions/most cards of. Which again, kinda killed the game for me.

That's understandable.
(Jun. 13, 2019  8:50 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  7:10 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: But as I said before, it takes a lot of collecting, luck, and dedication to get the cards that you want, and you might not even get them.

There's a site called TCG player. You can get the exact cards you want there.

It probably costs more on there though and not many casual players know that it exists.
(Jun. 13, 2019  9:07 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2019  8:50 PM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: There's a site called TCG player. You can get the exact cards you want there.

It probably costs more on there though and not many casual players know that it exists.

One non-hex card isn't that much. Much less than a Beyblade.