Back after 9 years, where to start

I've been away from the beyblade community for about 8 or 9 years (since 2003-2004ish), and after noticing some really cool MFB releases at Target, I may be interested in picking it up again.

For some background, I was very active in the beyblade community "back in the day". I was the west coast US regional winner, and I went on to take second in the national championships (losing to Nolan Carcamo). I was on the old OTC forums under the same username. (I gave this background info several years ago when the site started and I made an account, I didn't want to make a redundant intro thread, but I'm putting it here since I don't think most posters have been here since 2008). I'm really old (22 lol), and I just got a job as an agricultural researcher.

Most of the beyblades that I own are from the original # and A series of the plastic generation. i have all # and A series (including bearing gyros) beyblades except for bumpking, almost all are takara.

If I end up getting started with beyblading again, I want to stick to MFB, since replacement parts for plastic and HMS series are rare and expensive. All my plastic series beyblades are in mint (unboxed) condition since I collected a lot back when I was a kid (hence the username), and I wouldn't want to break them after having them so long.I have other hobbies now, like gardening, competing in Battlebots tournaments, and magic the gathering, so I am not interested in sinking major $$$ into beyblades again.

I looked through the wiki pages for MFB, and it looks like a lot of parts are outclassed by others. If I had to stick to only 5 or 6 beyblades, which would you recommend? I just picked up a hades kerbecs today, and am looking for a twisted tempo (basalt horogium).
Good to see ya on here (;
Could you take a picture of all your beys? I'd love to see the West Coast regional champ's blades!
For the bey's you want to buy, you might wanna visit the Purchase Consultation thread:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Purchase...ion--21863

I'd say for you to buy some Takara 4D beys. Phantom Orion, Duo Uranus, Variares, Etc.
But if you're only limited to Hasbro beys, I'd say the Basalt Horogium you're looking for is a good buy.
Just DO NOT BUY Xts series beys.

Btw, were you Shawn in this video?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap4p4Rvu2ys

Btw, were you Shawn in this video?:
[/quote]

Yeah, that's me. I didn't know that video was still around.
(Mar. 14, 2012  6:01 AM)bladehoarder Wrote: Btw, were you Shawn in this video?:

Yeah, that's me. I didn't know that video was still around.

[/quote]

Wow! Did you keep contact with the East coast champ, and the North American champ?
It's great to have an old member here. Hah, people like you seem to have started coming back more and more often.
Welcome to the WBO. Smile
Wow, West Coast Regional winner? Gotta say, that's awesome. Had I been able to go to tournaments back in the day, I would gone to some as well, haha. Have a good time here!
Kind of exciting to see you back after so long. Someone else in that video is here, Deikailo, she was somethingorotherthatIforgetbecauseIhaveamemorylikeasieve.

Shame you're not getting back into plastics, that being a particular passion of mine, but yeah. As for MFB, Flash Sagittario is a great buy, as is Duo Uranus (it comes in the BB-121 Ultimate DX Set, but can be found separately on ebay). You'll also want a BD145 and an RF/R2F, a CS, and perhaps an RDF. It really depends what style of beyblade you like. The competitive combinations topic in the advanced forum has a list of most of the best combinations currently, though it's well due for an update currently.

As for age, relax, Deikailo is about that age, and I'm 21 this year, most of the staff are around our age so it's not really a big worry.
Wow I have watched that video a heap of times and I can honestly say I cheered for you lol wow to think that it was you. Well anyways welcome back! Smile
Welcome to the WBO. Its very nice to have members like you, here.

As for you getting into MFB, don't worry, all of us will help you to get a hang of it! There have been a lot of ups and downs in this game, and as you said, many are outclassed(outperformed by another part of the same category) by other, newer parts, or are simply beaten quite easily by parts belonging to categories other than the category of which the bey-part is a part. Tongue_out

Currently, we have Flash Sagittario who's dominating; defeating EVERY bey that has been released before it.

We also have a new series, Zero G coming up, which seems to be impressive!

Remember, Hasbro also has a few side-series beys, such as XTS and the about to be released BeyWheelz. We'd suggest you to stay away from those as much as possible. Smile

If you have any questions, combos, purchase related questions, etc. We have various threads to answer your queries, and we will help you very well!

So this was about MFB. Now about plastics and HMS-

These two bey-gens saw a not-so-recent revival, and almost half the community is getting back into it. As you choose to stay away from it, its OK! You can stick to MFB! But, we would love to hear from you, about whatever you know about plastics and HMS, as I am sure that you'd know quite a lot about these!
So, do not buy them if you do not want to, but you can help us know more about these old series beys by sharing your knowledge about these!
We shall seriously love to hear from you. Not to mention that your knowledge of the position of certain plastics and HMS in the past may help us write the wikis of these beys better! You'd also be happy to see the number of new combos we have for the same.

Um, I think I spoke a lot... But well, welcome to the WBO, and enjoy your time here! Read the rules too!
Welcome back! Always nice to see old bladers come back. You should take pics of your collection and post them in the photo gallery thread.
Oh my gosh, you were the West Coast Champ! It's an honor to meet you, Shawn!

I read about you back in the day. Your win made the news of the Beyblade community up to here, in France. It's a pleasure to see you on WBO.
Welcome to the WBO. Your not that old. Im 23. I was a big fan of yours back in the day. Do you still keep in touch with Nolan? Also if you can only pick up 5 or 6 beyblades here is a suggestion of stuff to get:
Hades Kerbecs
Duo Uranus (Ultimate DX set)
LR Mars Red String shooter
Metal Face 2 set
3 Segment shooter

This is just a quick suggestion. If you need any help feel free to PM me.
@ bladehoader i bet your aware about the next beyblade world championship finals on 25 th of this month.. I'd say if you get a chance to watch it, you'd surely refresh yourself like at the good old days...
& we all would like to see your bey collection
welcome back to the beyblade commuinity, cool the west coast champ, thats pretty sweet.