[BST] Yggdrasil _ Claw

Well, I've been playing around with Yggdrasil a lot this weekend, and I realised that it seems to perform pretty decently against attack types.

• I used the Light Launcher and the short winder in every match with both beyblades.
  • Yggdrasil was always launched first.
  • My Xtreme is in it's prime.
  • All the matches are done in a BB-10.
  • My launch is really bad.
  • I don't count the mislaunches.

So, let's begin !

Yggdrasil Armed Claw VS Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme
YAC : 12 OS - Win percentage : 60%
XHX : 3 KO 5 BF - Win percentage : 40%

Ties : 5

This thread was supposed to be about Yggdrasil Armed Claw only but I soon realised that the results were not that good...

Yggdrasil Force Claw VS Xcalibur Heavy Xtreme
YFC : 13 OS 2 BF - Win percentage : 75%
XHX : 3 BF 2 KO - Win percentage : 25%

Ties : 8

Well, it's not bad ! I don't own two Heavy right now, but I bet the result would be similar to this if I used it. In most matches, Yggdrasil won by OS with only one ''click'', and sometimes, it managed to Burst Xcalibur without taking any damage. I'll try to test it against stamina types soon, but right now my arm is hurting so much that I can't launch decently anymore, haha.

Feel free to test it yourself, as I wrote previously my launch is not really good, so there's a chance of getting a different result, unfortunately.
I'm very surprised you got so little BFs on Yggdrasils wins, when I personally put stock Yggdrasil up against stock Xcalibur, Xcalibur always ended up self bursting when it came in contact with Yggdrasil.

This video basically shows how it went down,

The final score was 5-1 for yggdrasil (4 BFs 1 SF) and Xcalibur won by BF that one time with two DBFs in the whole video.

We don't really have the same launch power.
Wait. These tests were conducted in the BB-10? Isn't that not allowed for burst?
(Apr. 04, 2016  4:42 PM)jonahblader13 Wrote: Wait. These tests were conducted in the BB-10? Isn't that not allowed for burst?

Correct, but at the least he made it clear in the original post. It's up to you what you want to take from these results.
I would like to redone these test but I didn't get XFX right now... but I could try it with VHA, VSS and DSB if you are interested

Edit:

Here first test YAC and VHA

YAC VS VHA

YAC: 6 wins (0 BF, 6 SF, 0 OF)
VHA: 14 wins (12 BF, 2 SF, 0 OF)

YAC win rate: 30%
0 tie

Edit2:

Same test but change Armed for Heavy. I'm pretty surprised between the 2 results. here the test results:

YHC vs VHA

YHC: 17 wins (0 BF, 16 SF, 1 OF)
VHA: 3 wins (3 BF, 0 SF, 0 OF)

YHC Win rate: 85%
0 tie(s)
Nice. Thanks guys. Will have to try this out. I wasn't able to figure out anything useful for Yggdrasil
@[loyd87] Hey thanks man ! Accel is much more controllable than Xtreme, but as we can see it doesn't seem to perform as good as Xcalibur.
It's hard to say I hope having Xcalibur soon enough to try it.

I was really surprised by the difference in performance of Heavy and Armed. Heavy have Much more stamina and resist verry well against hit. if he's not burst in start its really rare it burst at the end... its hapening one time at the last min it burst.

I will try next time DSB or VSS to see if we have some good results. I think using only Heavy on Yggdrasil. still it have better results at now.
YHC vs DSB

YHC: 5 wins(4 BF, 1 SF, 0 OF)
DSB: 15 wins(5 BF, 10 SF, 0 OF)
7 Ties redone(6 DBF, 1 DSF)

YHC Win rate: 25%

DSB when it wins by burst is also near to burst too that's explain so much double burst. Deathscyther seems to have better stamina then Yggdrasil or its only a balance issue... it is realy easy to unbalance it(YHC) more the battle is long. on start its pretty hard to get it unbalanced.

I didn't expected YHC getting a high results because DSB is builded especially for that kind of combination tough. well I used it like that or against Xtreme based beyblade.

Edit:

Test against VSS

YHC vs VSS
(alternate launch)

YHC: wins (0 BF, 10 SF, 0 OF)
VSS: wins(0 BF, 10 SF, 0 OF)
0 Tie redone

YHC win rate: 50%

In that test the winner by Spin Finish is always the last one entering the game. and each time the first bey in has one tooth skipped and 0 for the second at each round... a lil boring to test but I need to redone that test with Krustyburger05 and after 10 rounds swap out the combo to see exactly what its supposed to be hah!

pre-conclusion: until I have redone the last test with Krusty I couldn't tell for sure. but from what I have observed during these tests... I think its designs work well against some specific attack layer for defence. for its stamina I can't tell if its bad or good. its decent depending on what you facing. it look to have some capabilities against Valkyrie but seems not be anough powerfull to stand at Deathscyther.

Armed looks the badest option for that combo. Heavy has better stability to resist KO and Burst. don't know if we try Ring or Spread to get more stamina would help enough with out sacrifying too much KO resistance.

Claw help well to resisting at burst. I didnt notice much more.

I think its a good combo for defence when you face Valkyrie on Accel. can't tell for Xtreme right now but eventually I would test it when I got it. for assault still the same hah! may be if I get my third shard I would be able to test it hah!

Yggdrasil layer as somewhat recoil against Deathscyther more then Valkyrie probably due to the shape and designs.

I hope to see some other try it and share their impression and results!
(Apr. 05, 2016  2:03 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: @[loyd87] Hey thanks man ! Accel is much more controllable than Xtreme, but as we can see it doesn't seem to perform as good as Xcalibur.

I don't really agree with that. You can't do sliding shoot with it. Yeah sure when it's mint its a bit of a beast but that's no different that other rubber tip in other generations.
Test redone with Krusty. beyblade switched after 10 rounds.(Krusty max power launch 1275;my max power launch 1114)

YHC vs VSS

YHC: 12 wins (1 BF, 11 SF, 0 OF)
VSS: 8 wins (0 BF, 8 SF, 0 OF)
1 Ties redone (1 BF/OF)

YHC Win rate: 60%

its a more clear view of what it is really.
Stationary Valkyrie combos exist pretty much to counter Deathscyther and nothing else, so I don't know if anything can be concluded from this anyway.
In the future, this combo should probably be tested with Gravity, as its weight is on par with heavy but the distribution is different.
don't know if there was a thread for Yggdrasil discussion but I have tried something new because I left Yggdrasil fastly but I like to retry some parts with new released parts. I would like you guys try this:

Yggdrasil Gravity Orbit.

I need to do some formal test but what I've seen and got at this time was just What my Hope was for Yggdrasil. a great Defense/stamina type beys. combined mobile and standing defense.
What is claw's main use by the way? what blades profit from it?
(Mar. 27, 2017  5:40 AM)ShiKurai Wrote: What is claw's main use by the way? what blades profit from it?

burst attack and burst defense combos
(Mar. 27, 2017  6:31 AM)mj9 Wrote: burst attack and burst defense combos

any good on a victory valkyrie combo?
(Mar. 27, 2017  4:45 PM)ShiKurai Wrote: any good on a victory valkyrie combo?

Nah maybe on Odin or Deathscyther
(Mar. 27, 2017  9:30 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Nah maybe on Odin or Deathscyther

So what would odin's combo be?
(Mar. 27, 2017  9:54 PM)ShiKurai Wrote: So what would odin's combo be?

Odin Heavy/Gravity/Armed/Spread/Knuckle/Down Claw
(Mar. 27, 2017  9:56 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Odin Heavy/Gravity/Armed/Spread/Knuckle/Down Claw

Oh cool my friend has heavy from Spryzen and Claw from Holy Horusood, I'll shoot her a text to make that combo
(Mar. 27, 2017  10:46 PM)ShiKurai Wrote: Oh cool my friend has heavy from Spryzen and Claw from Holy Horusood, I'll shoot her a text to make that combo

Um the Hasbro Odin isn't that good
(Mar. 27, 2017  10:52 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: Um the Hasbro Odin isn't that good

we haven't gotten our TT blade stuff yet, we just started gathering stuff, plus i'm trying to get a job to gather money. once we get our TT stuff and combo's we'll be having better blades.