[BSC] Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme(')

[Image: KTo1o7V.jpg?1]
Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme
EDIT: I also made a video for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jH29Ceyqww

Overview:
Back when I originally tested Quad Quetzalcatl, I found it to mostly match up to what other WBO members had said about it being basically K2 - good Burst Defense and KO Defense, but not enough Stamina to be useful. However, one thing that really caught my eye was how similar Q2 looked to the Xcalibur series, which made me want to try it out for KO Attack.
[Image: vnqKlVJ.jpg?1]
While I found it to be worse than Xcalibur and V2 for that, I did think it was passable in some situations and thought it would be interesting to combine that with its defensive attributes into an Anti-Attack combo.

Parts:
Quad Queztalcatl: Not only do the smooth edges and relatively good teeth give Q2 some of the best Defense in the whole game, its shape gives it a fair amount of KO Attack as well, with the tail point acting similarly to the sword of Xcalibur.
Yell: I've been interested in Yell ever since I got it, it has the smooth outer edge like Spread, Ring, and Infinity, though I'm not quite sure whether the star protrusions get in the way of LAD or not. Either way, it's pretty heavy (mine is 21.3 grams) and it lines up rather well with Q2, so I decided to use it.
[Image: xfyz4oJ.jpg1]
Xtreme: The go-to Driver for KO Attack, plenty of movement and power. Xtreme' could also be used because of the stronger spring, but you will lose out on some stamina due to the softer rubber, and its tendency to wear down more quickly could make it more difficult to stall.

Test Results:

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Valtyrek Knuckle Variable
Q2YX: 18 wins (3 KO, 2 OS, 13 Burst)
VKV: 2 wins (1 KO, 1 Burst)
5 ties redone
Q2YX win rate: 90%

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Valtyrek Force Xtreme
Q2YX: 14 wins (5 OS, 5 KO, 4 Burst)
VFX: 6 wins (4 KO, 2 Burst)
1 tie redone
Q2YX win rate: 70%

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Valtyrek V2 Knuckle Variable
Q2YX: 14 wins (1 KO, 11 OS, 2 Burst)
V2KV: 6 wins (5 KO, 1 Burst)
4 ties redone
Q2YX win rate: 70%

As volatile as Attack vs Anti-Attack matchups can be with one one person testing, I think Q2YX still did pretty well at shutting down Valtyrek and V2. Valtyrek self bursted many times against it, which might have to do with mine not being tight enough (or just worn down). Most of the ties with Valtyrek were double Bursts, while most of the ties against V2 were double OSes where Q2 was launched first.

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Deathscyther Spread Revolve
Q2YX: 13 wins (8 KO, 5 Burst)
DSR: 7 wins (1 KO, 6 OS)
Q2YX win rate: 65%

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Acid Anubis Knuckle Revolve
Q2YX: 11 wins (4 KO, 7 Burst)
A2KR: 9 wins (all OS)
1 tie redone
Q2YX win rate: 55%

Due to being shaped similarly to Xcalibur, Q2 can be kinda tough to control at times, and it doesn't hit quite as hard as most of the viable Attack Layers in classic (Minoboros could be used for a better matchup against Stamina types since it's also very good in Attack vs Attack matchups, but I suspect it bursts more than Q2 does).

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Wyvern Heavy Revolve
Q2YX: 9 wins (6 KO, 3 Burst)
WHR: 11 wins (all OS)
Q2YX win rate: 45%

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Dark Deathscyther Gravity Orbit
Q2YX: 7 wins (2 KO, 1 OS, 4 Burst)
D2GO: 13 wins (1 KO, 12 OS)
1 tie redone
Q2YX win rate: 35%

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Roktavor Heavy Survive
Q2YX: 8 wins (3 KO, 5 Burst)
RHS: 12 wins (4 OS, 8 Burst)
6 ties redone
Q2YX win rate: 40%

This was a very interesting matchup, and one where I think X' would be a better option than normal X. Q2 didn't really have enough KOing power to move a Beyblade as heavy as Stocktavor, and the friction from Xtreme would often work against it and it would self burst against the stationary Attacker.

[Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs Spryzen S2 Gravity Zephyr
Q2YX: 9 wins (6 KO, 1 OS, 2 Burst)
S2GZ: 11 wins (2 KO, 6 OS, 3 Burst)
3 ties redone
Q2YX win rate: 45%

Due to Mixed Attackers having a bit more Stamina and burst resistance than KO Attackers S2.G.Z fared better against Q2 than any of the rubber drivers did.

Quad Quetzalcatl Yell Xtreme vs God Valkyrie Yell Eternal
Q2YX: 11 wins (7 OS, 3 KO, 1 Burst)
gV.Y.Et: 9 wins (5 OS, 2 KO, 2 Burst)
1 tie redone
Q2YX win rate: 55%

I did some of these tests right when Burst Classic came out, and someone had told me that gV.Et was good for Defense, so I tried it out here. Its Stamina didn't seem to be very impressive however.
Is stock rocktavor the best combo for roktavor as a stationary attacker?
(May. 21, 2019  8:44 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Is stock rocktavor the best combo for roktavor as a stationary attacker?

It's pretty good, but Roktavor can work well on other stationary Drivers depending on what fits tightly on it for you. Mine is actually tighter with Cycle, but I didn't discover that until after I had already done these tests.
(May. 21, 2019  5:50 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(May. 21, 2019  8:44 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Is stock rocktavor the best combo for roktavor as a stationary attacker?

It's pretty good, but Roktavor can work well on other stationary Drivers depending on what fits tightly on it for you. Mine is actually tighter with Cycle, but I didn't discover that until after I had already done these tests.
Yeah, and Octavor is pretty good as well.
(May. 21, 2019  5:50 PM)Wombat Wrote: It's pretty good, but Roktavor can work well on other stationary Drivers depending on what fits tightly on it for you. Mine is actually tighter with Cycle, but I didn't discover that until after I had already done these tests.
If I remember it right, you said (in your video) that roktavor has one of the best stock combos.
It seems pretty good for a limited format. The farther the parts go into god the less reliable the combo can get. I can see this working out. But wouldn't a Unite Driver work better so you can duel defense and attack when you need it? Or will that make it weaker?