BB-97 Beyblade Reshuffle Set - Gravity Perseus Ver.

Paragraphs
1. Contents
2. Other Versions
3. Gallery
4. Overall

Contents
3 Segment Launcher Grip (Black Ver.)
Bey Launcher L\R (Crystal Black Ver.)
Metal Face Custom Ver. (Red)
Perseus Attack Ver. (Green)
Perseus Defense Ver. (Pink)
Perseus Stamina Ver. (Dark Blue)
Gravity (Gold recolour)
Gravity
GB 145
AD 145 (Crystal Black Ver.)
105 (Turquiose Ver.)
130 (Crystal Purple Ver.)
S (Crystal Yellow Ver.)
WD (Crystal Black Ver.)
F (Turquiose Ver.)
RS (Crystal Purple Ver.)

Thanks to this set, Takara Tomy introduced two new versions of Gravity Perseus:
Gravity Perseus Stamina Ver. and Gravity Perseus Attack Ver.

Other Versions
Perseus White Knight Stamina Ver. - CoroCoro Beyblade World Domination Book exclusive

Gallery

Overall
In the past, thanks to the great number of useful parts included, this set was a welcomed release in the competitive community. Currently, as the metagame evolved, all of these parts are very useful and not outclassed. Each Blader should own at least one of this set.
Eh, this is BB-97, not BB-98. Smile
Sorry, thank you Smile
(Jul. 01, 2012  3:15 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Paragraphs
1. Contents
2. Other Versions
3. Gallery
4. Overall

Contents
3 Segment Launcher Grip (Black Ver.)
Beylauncher LR (Crystal Black Ver.)
Metal Face Custom Ver. (Red)
Perseus Attack Ver. (Green)
Perseus Defense Ver. (Pink)
Perseus Stamina Ver. (Dark Blue)
Gravity (Gold recolour)
Gravity
GB145
AD145 (Clear Black Ver.)
105 (Turquoise Ver.)
130 (Clear Purple Ver.)
S (Clear Yellow Ver.)
WD (Clear Black Ver.)
F (Turquoise Ver.)
RS (Clear Purple Ver.)

With this Set, TAKARA-TOMY's intent was to provide equipments to build upon the original [[Gravity Perseus AD145WD]], notably by introducing two new Clear Wheels for use only with Gravity: '''Perseus Attack Ver.''' and '''Perseus Stamina Ver.''' The release date of this Set also coincided with the winter holidays, creating an obvious perfect gift at parents' disposition, along with [[BB-98 Beyblade Reshuffle Set L-Drago Ver.]]

Other Versions
Perseus White Knight Stamina Ver. - CoroCoro Beyblade World Domination Book exclusive

Gallery

Overall
Between the two special Beyblade Reshuffle Sets, BB-97 has always been the least prized one. While the two other versions of Perseus offer unique performances, unlike L-Drago II's own alternate versions, they were never effective enough in any state of the metagame to deserve a purchase through this Set. Furthermore, AD145 and GB145, two relatively good Tracks, and RS, a top-tier Defense Bottom, can be purchased in better products, especially with Hasbro's regular release of [[Earth Virgo GB145BS]] and [[Grand Ketos T125/WD145RS]]. A Beylauncher LR is always useful however. In conclusion, this Set should only be purchased for collection purposes.

Galaxy, in your draft, the conclusion was positive and encouraged Bladers to have at least one of this Set, but I really do not think so.
Kai-V: In your rewrite of the conclusion, you typed ED145, where it should be WD145.

Aside from that, I think that this is a pretty well-written draft. The grammar is good as well, which is the main thing I look at when I nitpick drafts. Smile
Should the Other Versions include the Hasbro versions? I am assuming yes, because of the current Beyblade in the Other Versions. It is not exactly another version of the set, but of the beys instead.
I am actually not certain at all that this Set article should have an "Other Versions" section at all, really. It is indeed weird to list other versions of Gravity Perseus when that is not all that this Set has. In my opinion, we should only list the SonoKong version of this Set, which comes with a card for the 3 Segment Launcher Grip, some wrist bands, and perhaps other goods like a stadium ?

Before anybody tries to counter this point : remember that there will be separate articles for Gravity Perseus Stamina Ver. and Attack Ver.
Kai-V, why don't you think that BB-97 is a good purchase?
The best components of the set are:
Beylauncher L\R
Metal Face Custom Ver.
GB145
AD145
WD

To obtain that stuff, I think it's more expensive to buy them separately than buying the set:
I'm quite sure that the best price I've seen (including shipping) are
8.99GBP for Gravity Perseus Takara
2.99GBP for Metal Face Custom Ver.
and here in Italy one Bey costs 15\16 EUR, I don't know the current value of GBP and EUR, but more or less it should be 15 EUR = 12GBP
The total is: 23.98GBP
The best price I've seen for BB-97 is 22.99 including shipping.
Buying the set you'll have also extra component and the 3Segment Grip.
I think that BB-97 is a better deal comparing those prices!

P.s.: Here in Italy, and if I remember good also in the Advanced Forum, RS is no longer listed as a Top Tier tip! I think it should be removed from the "Overall section". What do you think?
Also, from what I've seen, the Meteo L-Drago Reshuffle Set produced by SK come with same stuff of the Takara version but with a Wide Square Stadium in addiction!

Thanks for your work on my draft Smile

EDIT: About GB145 and AD145, I've just seen your "two relatively good Tracks". I can agree on AD145, but GB145 is the best choice for Flash in the current MG, and it's a Top Tier 1. I don't think that "a relatively good Track" is a good definition for this track that has been used several times during all the evolution of both oour MGs.
I am quite sure that S130 is just as good an option for Flash Sagittario as GB145, if not better.
(Jul. 02, 2012  3:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I am quite sure that S130 is just as good an option for Flash Sagittario as GB145, if not better.

Uhm, I'm assuming it's a problem of different MGs. It always happens when I start to write about what is better for us, haha.
Anyway, GB145 for us is the best choice for Flash. It's both because of its shape really similar to Flash and being a 145, you'll be able to defeat combos with TH170\195\220 and 230.
With an S130 it will be more difficult, if not impossible.
Anyway, beside perhaps Flash Sagittario, GB145 has lost all competitive uses a long time ago ...
According to your MG, it may be true... but we've always used it. The only period when we didn't use GB145 was during the first releases of 4D, but to be honest, that parts aren't and weren't competitive.
Anyway, I'm just giving some impressions. Choose the sentences you prefer for that section, I do not know if it is better to unify our experiences or if it is better to write according yours. For me there aren't particular problems, the only thing that could create a misunderstanding is the Italian translation, because all the Italians could start to think that GB145 is not good as it is for us reading the translation of that "overall section"!
By the way, do you still continue to think that buying separately is a better way to obtain that stuff?
You can get Poison Giraffe S130MB and get two very good parts, as well as a separate Gravity Perseus AD145WD, and that is probably all you need. WD comes in a billion products and even the Blader with the lowest amount of money probably already owns a WD, or an SD.

Other people should post here to tell us what they think about GB145, but overall, this Set was never really "a big hit" from what I remember, in the rest of the communities.
th!nk told me this before :

" Theoratically GB145 should be good on Flash, but it messes up the balance even more. Some people like it but generally it's a bad idea."

It should've been something like that.
It's really weird how different countries have different ideas and impressions on components, haha. We have never thought about that, our task is to finish the match before that problem, haha.

Anyway, is it good now? Can we upload this on Beywiki?
GB145 is good in the Hasbro metagame for stamina so the overall should say "This set should only be purchased by someone who does not have access to Takara Tomy purchases who wants to get a few good parts in one set."
(Jun. 13, 2013  12:06 AM)nupmuk Wrote: GB145 is good in the Hasbro metagame for stamina so the overall should say "This set should only be purchased by someone who does not have access to Takara Tomy purchases who wants to get a few good parts in one set."

Eh, what ? Do you realise that if someone can purchase BB-97, they obviously have access to TAKARA-TOMY parts ?
Oh, Oops I forgot that it's a Takara-Tomy set.