BB-71 Ray Unicorno D125CS

Hello people. After reading McFrown's article on how to write an article,I decided to make one. Please take note that this is my first article EVER. So please forgive the lack of detail.

This is Beyblade Product 71 and it is of the Hybrid Wheel System.

Face: Unicorno
Weight: 1.1 Grams
The face represents Monoceros, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Unicorno
Weight: ?
The clear wheel has three notches emulating a Unicorn's horn, the symbol of its design it is influenced by. The original release of Unicorno was green.

Metal Wheel:Ray
Weight: 29.3 Grams
This Wheel is characterized by its prominent Smash Attack. Ray has a three-winged design with two square indents and separated protrusions to provide Smash Attack. Each protrusion has a flat front with a tip slightly slanted upwards on the end. Ray suffers from some recoil, but this problem can easily be rectified with both a Metal Face and RF. While Ray does provide an adequate amount of Smash Attack, it is outclassed by other Metal Wheels such as Lightning and Vulcan.

Mold Variations:
The first mold of Ray can be found in the starter pack released by Takara-Tomy. This mold had breakage problems and was later rectified by the release of the second mold. The second mold can be found in the every other release of Ray, and is less prone to breaking.

Use in attack customization:
Ray is best utilized with a low track: MF Ray Unicorno 100RF

Track: Defense 125
Weight: 1.7 Grams
It is a 125 track with a ring around it. The ring is supposed to absorb hits from low attackers and to add weight to the Beyblade. But because this track is not high enough,the ring cannot fully complete its purpose. With the release of C145, GB145 and R145, D125 becomes outclassed as a Defense track. Although D125 is outclassed, it shows usefulness as a mid-height track for attack.

Use in Defense customization:
If you don't have the mentioned Defense tracks above, D125 can be an adequate replacement: MF Earth Bull D125RS

Use in Attack Customization:
D125 is the staple track choice for mid-height attack wheels such as Gravity : MF Gravity Perseus D125RF

Tip: Coat Sharp
Weight: ?
CS derives its name from being a Sharp tip coated with rubber. The pointed tip allows for very little friction between the Bottom and the stadium, which helps reduce the loss of spin velocity. The rubber on CS constantly helps by gripping onto the Stadium floor when the Bey is tilted resulting in Defensive capabilities. When launched with banking or on the outer section of the stadium, the tip has a large amount of traction against the stadium floor, resulting in a such a fast and powerful attack pattern similar to RF and R²F because of the rubber coating . Due to the versatility of this tip, it is chosen for Defense and Attack customizations.

Coat Sharp can be put to use in this attack customization : MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS

Use in Defense Customization:
Coat Sharp can be put to use in this Defense customization: MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS

Other Versions:
Ray Unicorno D125CS Aurora Version(Clear parts and a purple Ray wheel)
Burn Unicorno SW145JB(Random Booster Vol.5)
Poison Unicorno 130HF(Random Booster Vol.5)

Overall:
Ray Unicorno D125CS has many positive attributes. D125 is the staple track for mid-height attackers and CS is a very versatile tip. Although Ray has left much to be desired...D125 and CS make up for it. This is a must buy for Defense enthusiasts. Every Blader should own at least one of this beyblade.

Constructive comments and suggestions please. (Credit to Ray Joker for the Ray section. I used the Lightning section as a template...)
I do not have the weight for the second mold Uncertain
Quetz is outclassed now, though.

I think Vulcan is a suitable replacement from the testing seen with MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS.

Didn't Momo call this?
(Dec. 18, 2010  7:21 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Quetz is outclassed now, though.

I think Vulcan is a suitable replacement from the testing seen with MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS.

Didn't Momo call this?

Momo called what?Anyway,I found a suitable replacement for the Quetz part...
Just because I called it doesn't mean it's restricted to other members.
(Dec. 18, 2010  8:42 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Just because I called it doesn't mean it's restricted to other members.

Thanks.Mind posting feedback on this article?
(Dec. 18, 2010  7:16 AM)TheDude Wrote: Hello people.After reading McFrown's article on how to write an article,I decided to make one.Please take note that this is my first article EVER.So please forgive the lack of detail.

This is BeyBlade Product 71 and it is of the Hybrid Wheel System.

Face: Unicorno
The face represents Monoceros, a faint constellation on the Celestial Equator.

Clear Wheel: Unicorno
The clear wheel has three spikes representing a Unicorn's horn,the symbol of its design it is influenced by.It is also light green in color.

Metal Wheel: Ray
It has three "parts" protrusions with two gaps to produce Smash Attack. This wheel has some recoil, but can be rectified by RF and MF.Although a formidable attack wheel,it is severely outclassed by the likes of Vulcan and Lightning in attack. Ray should only be used when the mentioned Attack wheels are not available.

Mold Variations:
The first mold of Ray can be found in the BB-71 Starter. This mold had breakage problems and was later rectified by the release of the 2nd mold. The second mold can be found in the Booster, Ray Unicorno Aurora Version, Ray Gil 100RSF and the SonoKong Starters. The second mold is heavier thus reducing breakage.

Ray is best utilized with a low track: MF Ray Unicorno 100RF

Track: Defense 125
It is a 125 track with a ring around it. The ring is supposed to absorb hits from Low Attackers and to add weight to the Beyblade. But because this Track is not high enough, the ring cannot fully complete its purpose. With the availability of C145, GB145 and R145, D125 becomes outclassed in Defense and should only be used when the Defense tracks mentioned are not available.

In Defense customization:
If you don't have the mentioned Defense tracks above, D125 can be a so-so fill in: MF Earth Bull D125WB

Tip: Coat Sharp
It is a sharp coated in rubber.The plastic part of the tip resembles the shape of the Sharp series.This tip is very versatile,which why it is used in Defense,Balance,and Attack customizations.

In Attack Customization:
MF Vulcan Horuseus 90CS - This is more of a "Balance Bey", according

In Defense Customization:
MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS

In Balance Customization:
MF Lightning LDrago(Upper Mode)GB145CS - We do not have a viable Balance combo at the moment.

Other Versions:
Ray Unicorno D125CS Aurora Ver(Clear parts and a purple Ray wheel)

Overall:
Ray Unicorno D125CS has a lot going for it. CS is a very versatile Bottom and Ray is a top-tier Smash Attack Wheel. It is one of the best uncustomized attack blades in MFB. This is also a must buy for Attack enthusiasts. Every Blader should own at least one of this Beyblade.

Comments and suggestions please.

(Credit to Momo for "calling" it) <- You don't need to mention this, hahah. I haven't written one yet.

I don't agree with adding a MF to Ray, as it's not necessary to make Ray 100RF. Also, Ray Unicorno isn't one of the best uncustomized Attack Beyblades out of the box, imo.
(Dec. 18, 2010  7:16 AM)TheDude Wrote: ...a faint constellation on the celestial eqator.

Completely unnecessary. Just say one of the 88 constellations and leave it at that.

Also, you're missing Burn Unicorno SW145JB and Poison Unicorno 130HF from RB5 for other versions.
This is no where near done so yes. The bottom and the wheel are top tier quality so they need more description. Tbh I think someone with more knowledge of the blade should write this since there's so much to add.
(Dec. 19, 2010  11:41 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: This is no where near done so yes. The bottom and the wheel are top tier quality so they need more description. Tbh I think someone with more knowledge of the blade should write this since there's so much to add.

Thanks Ultrablader.So...can you tell me more important notes about Ray and CS?
1) I'd say Lighting and Ray are equal in strength.
2) D125 does have some use in MF Gravity Perseus D125RF.
3) The part of your CS bit is you just saying that it is an ungrade of FS. You should say how some are duds out of the box and that these are most useful for defence.
(Dec. 19, 2010  1:32 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: 1) I'd say Lighting and Ray are equal in strength.
2) D125 does have some use in MF Gravity Perseus D125RF.
3) The part of your CS bit is you just saying that it is an ungrade of FS. You should say how some are duds out of the box and that these are most useful for defence.

Id have to disagree.A thread called "Ray Discussion" showed a comparison between Ray and Lightning.Lightning won 1 more point against a Defense combo.And yes,i will and the Gravity Perseus bit and will describe the CS in a more creative way...

EDIT: I added the D125's use for mid-height attackers and a more "creative" article about CS.
You know that spaces come after commas, right? Same thing with periods too.

Honestly, this still needs a lot more work.
MF Vulcan Horuseus 85CS isn't really balance.. You didn't mention that CS also has a place in attack customs;
^ and MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS.
(Dec. 19, 2010  4:12 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: You know that spaces come after commas, right? Same thing with periods too.

Honestly, this still needs a lot more work.

I am sorry for the grammatical errors.I fixed all of them..i think.So...can you tell me more important notes that you think I missed?
(Dec. 19, 2010  4:54 PM)BeybladerPatrik Wrote: I am sorry for the grammatical errors.English is my second language.

I fail to see how this has any bearing on your work. English is my third language. If you can't write properly, then the article you make for Beywiki isn't going to be up to snuff. I'm not trying to be mean, but at the same time, I'm not going to hold your hand.

If I, or someone else, have to correct every single line in the article, then what's the difference from writing it ourselves?

That said, I do appreciate your effort. I just feel that articles should be written by people with a firmer grasp on English. But hey, prove me wrong. I won't mind.
(Dec. 19, 2010  4:58 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2010  4:54 PM)BeybladerPatrik Wrote: I am sorry for the grammatical errors.English is my second language.

I fail to see how this has any bearing on your work. English is my third language. If you can't write properly, then the article you make for Beywiki isn't going to be up to snuff. I'm not trying to be mean, but at the same time, I'm not going to hold your hand.

If I, or someone else, have to correct every single line in the article, then what's the difference from writing it ourselves?

That said, I do appreciate your effort. I just feel that articles should be written by people with a firmer grasp on English. But hey, prove me wrong. I won't mind.

Thank you for the comment.I'll just leave the article writing to the more fluent English speakers.
(Dec. 19, 2010  5:07 PM)BeybladerPatrik Wrote: Thank you for the comment.I'll just leave the article writing to the more fluent English speakers.

No, no. That's not what I really want. I just want you to keep an eye on improving your English. If we leave articles to the "pros", we'll never get new writers, hahaha.
(Dec. 19, 2010  5:10 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2010  5:07 PM)BeybladerPatrik Wrote: Thank you for the comment.I'll just leave the article writing to the more fluent English speakers.

No, no. That's not what I really want. I just want you to keep an eye on improving your English. If we leave articles to the "pros", we'll never get new writers, hahaha.

Ok, I will add more detail on the Ray and CS sections and hopefully fix all the grammatical errors.Thanks again...
(Dec. 19, 2010  8:50 PM)Gingka Hegane Wrote: Not Bad for your frist revieu

Thanks.
The CS and Ray version has been edited and has more detail now...
Quote:Use in Attack Customization:
MF Vulcan Horoseus 85CS, MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS, Aquario 90CS
MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS
Use in Destabilizers:
Flame Cancer 90CS

Horoseus?
(Dec. 24, 2010  4:26 AM)AngelicSight Wrote:
Quote:Use in Attack Customization:
MF Vulcan Horoseus 85CS, MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS, Aquario 90CS
MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS