BB-65 Rock Escolpio T125 JB

(Dec. 23, 2010  12:28 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Name Change

Rock Escolpio was re-named Rock Scorpio by Hasbro. The word, "Escolpio" was also removed from the face for Hasbro's release, and was removed in the Beyblade Deck Attack And Defence Set.

Face: Escolpio

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Scorpio, the eighth astrological sign in the Zodiac.

Clear Wheel: Escolpio
Weight: 2.3 grams
The Escolpio Clear Wheel is of a clear brown colour, featuring 2 "Stingers" on opposing ends of the wheel. It is the second lightest clear wheel available.

Metal Wheel: Rock
Weight: 31.4 grams
Rock has six large protrusions with small, shallow gaps between each one. It also overhangs the Track much like the original Leone Metal Wheel, although to a smaller extent.
IMPORTANT: Mold Variations
Rock has 3 different Molds: 0 Cylinders (31.4 grams), 3 Cylinders (32.6 grams), and 6 Cylinders (32.7 grams). The 0 Cylinder Mold is only available from Takara Tomy products, while the 3 and 6 Cylinder Molds are available from both Takara Tomy and Hasbro products. The more Cylinders, the less Recoil. The 6 Cylinder Mold has the most Stamina of the three, due to the weight of the Cylinders carrying the momentum around the outside of the wheel. It is also superior to the other Molds, in terms of attack and defense.
Use In Attack Customization
Rock's recoil can be put to use in the Attack custom, MF Rock(6 Cylinder Mold) Leone CH120 RF. It is a decent Smash Attacker, that provides positive and consistent results against top tier Defence beyblades.

Track: Tornado 125
Weight: 1.7 grams
T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect it produces is negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120. T125 has found uses in Attack and Stamina customizations, due to it being mid-range height.
Use in Attack Customization
T125 is an alternative to the 145 track in the combo MF Pegasis T125R2F. T125 is also used in the Gravity Perseus combo, MF Gravity Perseus T125 R2F. They are both excellent Smash Attack customizations.

Bottom: Jog Ball
Weight: 0.7 grams
JB is of the "Ball' series of bottoms, and is most similar in shape to WB. What is unique about this bottom is the tiny spikes on it's surface. It reduces the amount of surface area touching the stadium, making it less effective for defence than WB. JB has found use in one combo only, which is a Left Spin Destabilizer Combo.
Use In Destabilizer Customization
JB can be utilized in the Left Spin Destabilizer, L Drago 100 JB. It provides positive results against 145 Stamina Customizations and other Destabilizer combos.

Other Versions
Rock Scorpio T125 JB- Beyblade Metal Fusion
Poison Scorpio M145 Q- Beyblade Metal Fusion Burning Firestrike 2 Pack- Solid Gray Clear Wheel
Counter Escolpio 145 D- Beyblade Deck Attack And Defence Set- Transparent Black Clear Wheel
Killer Escolpio 100 D- Random Booster Volume 6
Burn Escolpio 100 RF- Random Booster Volume 6

Overall
Rock Escolpio consists of generally outclassed parts. As a result, there is little or no reason to purchase this beyblade aside from collection purposes.

I cleaned it up a little in terms of grammar, but I'm also questioning the effectiveness of MF Pegasis T125R²F. If anyone wants to clarify this, feel free.

Other than that, it looks good.
MF Pegasis 145RF was better for me, from what I remember.
I think D125/T125 is a Very Viable Option though.
Since MF Pegasis 145RF is also disregarded by a lot of people as being 'top-tier', then I do not think it should be mentioned anyway.
Wasn't 85 better? Or was it not on the top-tier list because it needed more testing?
I might suggest explaining Jog balls movement patterns as well.....
Escolpio is a damn fine clear wheel. From the worklist thread:

(Jun. 22, 2011  3:01 PM)th!nk Wrote: [...] There's a few things about escolpio worth noting that I might do some testing to show (though I'd need someone with video capability, or to work out my stuff).

It's great with slopes and destabilising and smacking stuff on low rock combo's, yeah. Plus, it's a prime example of an irregular wheel for attackers (if that's worth putting in the wiki). Meh.
And ♥ said it was worth putting in so yeah. I'll come back and help out more later, probably. Grin
Anyone mind if I add some things about Escolpio and change/update the rock attack customization section?
(May. 06, 2011  4:10 PM)♥ Wrote: Name Change

Rock Escolpio was re-named Rock Scorpio by Hasbro. The word, "Escolpio" was also removed from the face for Hasbro's release, and was removed in the Beyblade Deck Attack And Defence Set.

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Scorpio, the eighth astrological sign in the Zodiac.

The Escolpio Clear Wheel is of a clear brown colour, featuring 2 "Stingers" on opposing ends of the wheel. It is the second lightest clear wheel available. Due to Escolpio's small shape and slopes, using Escolpio increases contact with the Metal Wheel, and decreases contact with the Clear Wheel. This is particularly useful for increasing a Beyblade's Smash Attack and potential to Destabilize the opposing Beyblade.

Rock has six large protrusions with small, shallow gaps between each one. It also overhangs the Track much like the original Leone Metal Wheel, although to a smaller extent.
Rock has 3 different Molds: 0 Cylinders (31.4 grams), 3 Cylinders (32.6 grams), and 6 Cylinders (32.7 grams). The 0 Cylinder Mold is only available from Takara Tomy products, while the 3 and 6 Cylinder Molds are available from both Takara Tomy and Hasbro products. Each Cylinder is a semi-circle of approximately 4mm wide, and is found on the bottom side of Rock, in the centre of each protrusion.

Rock suffers from recoil, but the best way to tame this is to use a Mold with more Cylinders, as more Cylinders result in less Recoil. The 6 Cylinder Mold has the most Stamina of the three, due to the weight of the Cylinders carrying the momentum around the outside of the wheel. It is also superior to the other Molds, in terms of attack and defense.
Rock's weight distribution and contact points can be put to use in the Attack custom, MF Rock(6 Cylinder Mold) Leone CH120 RF. It is a decent Smash Attacker, that provides positive and consistent results against top tier Defence beyblades.

T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect it produces is negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120. T125 has found uses in Attack and Stamina customizations, due to it being mid-range height.
Although CH120 is considerably more versatile than T125, T125 can still be used to a moderate degree of effectiveness in the Combo, MF Gravity Perseus T125R2F (Attack Version, Counter Mode).
Use in Stamina Customization
If the 85, AD145, TH170, or 230 Tracks are unavailable to you, T125 can be put to use in the Customization Basalt Kerbecs T125WD.

JB is of the "Ball' series of bottoms, and is most similar in shape to WB. What is unique about this bottom is the tiny spikes on it's surface. It reduces the amount of surface area touching the stadium, making it less effective for defence than WB. JB has found use in one combo only, which is a Left Spin Destabilizer Combo.
JB can be utilized in the Left Spin Destabilizer, L Drago 100 JB. It provides positive results against 145 Stamina Customizations and other Destabilizer combos.

Other Versions
Poison Scorpio M145 Q- Beyblade Metal Fusion Burning Firestrike 2 Pack- Solid Gray Clear Wheel
Counter Escolpio 145 D- Beyblade Deck Attack And Defence Set- Transparent Black Clear Wheel

Overall
Rock Escolpio consists of generally outclassed parts. As a result, there is little or no reason to purchase this beyblade aside from collection purposes.

Ok, so edited. I used ♥'s edits. I changed:

-Clear wheel section.
-added something about rock's recoil in the mold section
-fixed where I wrote using rock's recoil in the rock attack section.
-the T125 attack section.
-put the stamina customization section that was in D125, just changed it to T125. It had Burn, so I changed to to Basalt.

This done? I hope and think so. It'd be nice to finally get a proper rock section up.
L Drago 100JB? I only recall Meteo LDrago 100JB as an equalizer.. :V
seems okay to me.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BB-65-Ro...#pid471729

That's why I put it as destabilizer, we had no idea. Seemed like a destabilizer to me.
I definitely remember L Drago 100JB as a destabiliser. Anyway shouldn't this be posted already since none of the parts are good enough to get an enormous amount of attention like they're getting?
That doesn't mean it shouldn't be structured and written properly enough to meet BeyWiki standards, I mean look at BumpKing lol. (But yeah, it should be put up soon.)
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ultimate...#pid372801
haha. so
Well, even though <3 had edited it and I only put small things in it in this edit, I still sent a message to Kei.

Might as well. I don't see why there'd be a need to rush.
Can you say Photographs? (Click to View)
IDK if BeyWiki 'wants' pictures with the shadow's, meh. I'd say it is good though T125 looks a little tricky to make out. :V
I can make out T125 extremely easily lol. It'd be more obvious though if it were brighter, yes.
Great photos Shabalabadoo!
Why not try a direct view of T125 and a completely arial view? JB would be nicer if you had direct view and a sharp enough picture to make out the minute bumps. (My ideal for JB at least)

God damn I love BeyWiki.
Hmmm, for JB, that's the best I can do. I'm no photographer. I went through three cameras trying to figure out how to make it focus when it's so up close. Plus in the second picture you can also see the bumps.

As for T125, I guess, but I personally think that's good the way it is. BeyWiki already has all three views of T125 on the Flame Libra article, so is that still needed?

And for the shadows, yeah I don't know how to get a proper picture without that. The only camera that I could figure out how to focus was a video camera, so that means no flash.
I'm unfortunately not a huge expert on Rock mold variations, but I think it would be useful to explore in more detail what is meant by "cylinders" and how they can be identified - an image might also be helpful.

One other thing:

Quote:Use in Stamina Customization
If the 85, AD145, TH170, or 230 Tracks are unavailable to you, T125 can be put to use in the Customization Basalt Kerbecs T125WD.

Is this completely necessary? This puts it as fifth choice, is there much value in mentioning this at all?

Other than that, there are a few grammatical things I can edit tomorrow, but it looks pretty good.
Well, I didn't have that in it originally. Before I pressed post I went to the newest article with T/D125 (which happened to be Ray Unicorno) and put that there.

It actually had burn in the ray unicorno, I just changed it to basalt.

So it doesn't matter to me if it stays in or not. I just put it in for consistency with what's already on BeyWiki.

----
Hmm, that's why I took a picture of a 0 cylinder mold. I guess I could change the section to this though:

Quote:IMPORTANT: Mold Variations
Rock has 3 different Molds: 0 Cylinders (31.4 grams), 3 Cylinders (32.6 grams), and 6 Cylinders (32.7 grams). The 0 Cylinder Mold is only available from Takara Tomy products, while the 3 and 6 Cylinder Molds are available from both Takara Tomy and Hasbro products. Each Cylinder is a semi-circle of approximately 4mm wide, and is found on the bottom side of Rock, in the centre of each protrusion.

Rock suffers from recoil, but the best way to tame this is to use a Mold with more Cylinders, as more Cylinders result in less Recoil. The 6 Cylinder Mold has the most Stamina of the three, due to the weight of the Cylinders carrying the momentum around the outside of the wheel. It is also superior to the other Molds, in terms of attack and Defense.

Bold is what I added. Hmmm, I like it that way. Sounds good?

Edit: so I put what was in post #84 in the OP, then I put the mold section in this post, into post #84.

So, the draft with this mold section is post #84, and the draft without it is post #1
Liking the new clear wheel section, very nice. Less keen on basalt wd combo's being mentioned, iirc it's not a good recipe (from my own and others testings). Especially basalt 230wd, euck.
(Sep. 25, 2011  6:09 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Name Change

Rock Escolpio was re-named Rock Scorpio by Hasbro. The word "Escolpio" was also removed from the Face for Hasbro's release, and was removed in the Beyblade Deck Attack And Defence Set.

The Escolpio Clear Wheel is of a clear brown colour, featuring 2 "Stingers" on opposing ends of the wheel. It is the second lightest Clear Wheel available. Due to Escolpio's small shape and slopes, using Escolpio increases contact with the Metal Wheel, and decreases contact with the Clear Wheel. This is particularly useful for increasing a Beyblade's Smash Attack and potential to Destabilize the opposing Beyblade.

Rock generally suffers from recoil, although variations with more Cylinders experience less recoil. The 6 Cylinder Mold has the most Stamina of the three, due to the weight of the Cylinders carrying the momentum around the outside of the wheel. It is also superior to the other Molds, in terms of Attack and Defense.

Rock's weight distribution and contact points can be put to use in the Attack customisation, MF Rock (6 Cylinder Mold) Leone CH120RF.

T125 has four upward-facing wing protrusions spaced apart widely. The Track is designed to work in a similar way to DF145, although the effect is negligible. The performance of this Track is similar to D125, and as a height, is generally overshadowed by CH120. T125 can be used in Attack customisations as a mid-range height.

Although CH120 is considerably more versatile than T125, T125 can still be used to a moderate degree of effectiveness in the Combo, MF Gravity Perseus T125R2F (Attack Version, Counter Mode).

JB is part of the "Ball' series of Bottoms, and is most similar in shape to WB. What is unique about this Bottom is the tiny spikes on its surface. It reduces the amount of surface area touching the stadium, making it less effective for defence than WB. JB has found use in one combo only, which is a Left Spin Destabilizer Combo.

Other Versions

Overall

Just capitalised a few things and changed one sentence, "Rock suffers from recoil, but the best way to tame this is to use a Mold with more Cylinders, as more Cylinders result in less Recoil," since I felt that having a different mold doesn't necessarily "tame" the recoil at all, but rather only sidesteps the issue slightly. It's just a tiny thing really, though.

Is Rock a particularly viable Attack Wheel at all against top-tier Defense types?

Shabalabadoo: Yeah, that's fair enough. I don't think there's any harm in updating older versions of part articles as we go along, so we can do it all now, haha. The addition is great.

@th!nk: I didn't see any Basalt references, did you confuse this with the Basalt Horogium 145WD article, haha?
I think the last sentence in the rock attack section can be taken out. I think that when I wrote that it did pretty decently, but that's obviously changed.
@<3 : My bad, that basalt part had already been removed by the time I posted.

The t125 section mentioning it is useful for stamina then not including combo's for that reads oddly to me, I'd downplay the stramina use just a tad.

Other than that, all seems good, and I like the idea of updating older articles, a number need it :p