BB-59 Burn Phoenix 135MS

Anything is better than nothing.
I have a TAKARA-TOMY Burn Metal Wheel and a Hasbro "Fireblaze" Clear Wheel.

Considering the significant difference between the two molds, we really do need to have photographs of the two when it gets published.
The "Burn Phoenix 105F: Reward for 2003 Beyblade High Speed Challenge (Blizzard/Ice Blue)" is also available as an Event Special WBBA Bey.

EDIT: Also, iirc, the difference in molds is the 'length' in the gaps, as supposed to the 'width and depth'.
(Feb. 04, 2012  6:54 AM)Uwik Wrote: The "Burn Phoenix 105F: Reward for 2003 Beyblade High Speed Challenge (Blizzard/Ice Blue)" is also available as an Event Special WBBA Bey.

Changed. How I even came to the conclusion that it was the prize for a 2003 tournament is beyond me.

(Feb. 04, 2012  6:54 AM)Uwik Wrote: EDIT: Also, iirc, the difference in molds is the 'length' in the gaps, as supposed to the 'width and depth'.

I've searched again and Mold 2 would be lengthier, while Mold 3 would also be wider. Updated the Mold Variation section with this, for now.
It would make sense to put your new edit in the OP rather than nearly at the end of the page.
"applied on the tails feathers."
It should be tails' to show possesion.

"composing the tails is also a small, ramp-like slope."
I don't think the "also" is needed.

"Both molds have lower Stamina"
"less stamina than the first" would sound better.
(Feb. 04, 2012  11:14 PM)Imperial Wrote: "applied on the tails feathers."
It should be tails' to show possesion. Done.

"composing the tails is also a small, ramp-like slope."
I don't think the "also" is needed.
I personally think it reads better, considering I'm also talking about the feathers in the previous sentence.

"Both molds have lower Stamina"
"less stamina than the first" would sound better. Done.

I edited this draft :

Quote:Name change: Hasbro modified Burn Phoenix’s name to Burn Fireblaze in its worldwide release, almost assuredly because ‘’Burn Phoenix’’ was already copyrighted in North America.

Face: Phoenix
Weight: 1.07g
The Face depicts Phoenix, one of the 88 constellations in space.The words "Phoenix" were erased from inside the bird’s mouth on almost all of Hasbro’s Fireblaze Faces.

Clear Wheel: Phoenix
Weight: 2.88g
Phoenix was first released in a bright, translucent orange color. It represents the wings and the fiery tails of the firebird. Small, yellow details are painted on the wings and black stickers can be applied on the tails’ feathers. Each feather composing the tails is also a small, ramp-like slope.

Metal Wheel: Burn
Weight: 31.51
Burn is an almost completely circular Metal Wheel, interrupted only by two sets of wave-like ridges. The center of the Metal Wheel features a flame pattern representing the sun, which complements the Phoenix Clear Wheel. Burn’s predominant characteristic is its weight distribution : the weight is concentrated on the edge of the Metal Wheel, while the center is generally hollow and light. This produces what is known as the Flywheel Effect, which is the ability for a rotating object to increase its rotational velocity with the use of its own momentum. The ridges are subject to some level of recoil, but are also capable of Smash Attack; however, the latter is not potent enough to be used effectively.

Burn was once the best Stamina Metal Wheel, along with Metal System Virgo. However, it has since been outclassed by newer Metal Wheels such as Scythe and Phantom, the latter sharing many characteristics with Burn itself.

MOLD VARIATIONS:
Burn has a total of four molds, three of them released by TAKARA-TOMY and one released by Hasbro. The TAKARA-TOMY molds have the phrase "Burn Wheel" engraved between each set of ridges while the Hasbro mold does not.
Mold 1 is the lightest of the four molds and is usually the one preferred for Stamina customizations. Mold 2 features lengthier gaps under the Metal Wheel than Mold 1, while the gaps on Mold 3 are both lengthier and wider. Both of those last molds have lower Stamina. The Hasbro mold is generally heavier because of the filled-in engravings and it is preferred for Attack and Defense customizations, although those combinations are not notable.
Use in Stamina customizations
Although it is outclassed, Burn can still be used in decent Stamina combinations such as Burn ______ AD145WD.

Track: 135
Weight: 1.40
Height: 13.5mm
135 is the only Track released at this height and features no gimmick. Due to its odd height, it is rarely considered over the taller 145 Tracks and the shorter 120 and 125 Tracks, because it is usually preferred if customizations are either tall, either short, not in between.

Bottom: Metal Sharp
Weight: 1.30
Metal Sharp, as its name implies, is a Sharp tip made of metal, but it is also mounted on a taller base. Its small contact point produces very little friction on the surface of the Stadium floor, even less so than the average Sharp tip. While this quality is useful for Stamina type Bottoms, Metal Sharp suffers from the same inherent faults as all Sharp Bottoms, namely the horrible balances issues, which are worsened by the taller height. As such, this part is outclassed.

It should be noted that, due to its namesake properties, Metal Sharp can be very damaging to the stadium floor. It should be used with caution.

Other Versions:
Poison Phoenix WA130SD: Random Booster Vol.5 Grand Ketos (Purple)
Storm Phoenix 130B: Random Booster Vol.5 Grand Ketos (Green)
Burn Phoenix 90WF: Limited DVD edition (Blizzard/Ice Blue)
Burn Phoenix 105F: Event Special WBBA Beyblade(Blizzard/Ice Blue)
Burn Fireblaze 135MS: Faceoff: Burning Fire Strike (yellow-painted wings)

Overall:
Burn Phoenix 135MS is comprised of outclassed parts. Phoenix, 135 and MS have never been particularly useful, and while Burn was once a top-tier Stamina Metal Wheel, it cannot stand a chance against the dominant 4D Metal Wheels. This Beyblade should only be considered for collection purposes.
I believe that ' ‘’Burn Phoenix’’ ' should be ' ‘‘Burn Phoenix’’ ' to correct punctuation. May be wrong.

In "Use in Stamina customizations
Although it is not outclassed, Burn can still be used in decent Stamina combinations such as Burn AD145WD. ", it should be:

Use in Stamina customizations:
Although it is outclassed, Burn can still be used in decent Stamina combinations such as Burn (insert CW name here) AD145WD.
My Word is set to French, so it kept changing " to «.

The other thing was fixed, but by an underline score.
I have changed some things, but this article is now published :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...enix_135MS

Congratulations everybody, good work.

If someone has a TAKARA-TOMY Burn Phoenix, it would be really appreciated if you took photographs of it. I think that most of the pictures should be the one where "BURN" is written on the Metal Wheel, as it was supposed to be originally. Nocto, we will still use your photographs, but mostly just for the comparison of the Burn Metal Wheel.
I would change
"Although it is outclassed, Burn can still be used in decent Stamina combinations such as Burn ______ AD145WD. "
to something saying that Burn can be used with decent efficacy or whatever in stamina combinations, i.e. to say that it's "decent in stamina customizations" rather than "useful for decent stamina customizations", but I'm not really sure how I'd word that, I'm a little tired.

I *think* the rest of the parts are the same, my Burn Phoenixes are ancient, but I can take a picture of a takara burn wheel if I get the lighting right, though it'd probably be simpler if someone else wants to take pictures of the whole thing for consistency's sake.

Amusing note, albeit one not worth mentioning, the hole that the metal sharp tip fits into (well, the smaller of the two holes) is exactly the same size as that used on most non-interchangeable plastic tips, including Driger S's metal change.
That is just playing on the words, it means exactly the same thing.

I cannot remember, but if there are individual photographs of 135 and MS from what Nocto took, we will of course use them, but even just a bottom view of the assembled Burn Phoenix 135MS will show a mold of Burn that is not necessarily the original one.
It doesn't, actually. Decently useful for stamina customizations = "can be used for stamina types but isn't the best"
useful for decent stamina customizations = "can be used in stamina types that are "decent" but not the best already" basically. Or perhaps "is decent in stamina types" versus "can be used for stamina types that are already decent", which kinda implies that something about them is already not top-tier.

I'll see if I can find my stuff tomorrow and get those pictures done. The weather's been a bit odd lately and I haven't had a chance to build a lightbox or whatever it was :c
Burn is just not top-tier anymore and nobody would risk using it, so it does seem like what we want to add basically means the same thing ...
It really is completely different. The current one, the value of the combo is given before Burn is added to it, whereas it is the value once burn is included that the sentence should discuss.

I'm just not sure how I'd word it without getting too flowery with the words at the moment... Happens when I'm tired, for some odd reason.
Should we make the article slightly "Hasbro-relevant" too? I know we do not do that in BeyWiki articles, but the changes are seemingly quite short, and relevant. Smile

Burn may still be used effectively for Stamina by Hasbro bladers, so the addition suggested by th!nk would look really nice. Smile
Moreover, we mustn't forget that Hell was the first wheel to outclass Burn for pure Stamina. This info might be useful for Hasbro bladers(?), and even give the exact information of Burn's journey to getting outclassed...

Also, we have had too many debates over Earth vs. Burn for Stamina...
Wouldn't a paragraph, dedicated especially to this matter, look good? It is not too irrelevant IMO, as it was one important debate, and was also highly informative.
But yes, it might be a bit unimportant, considering that both wheels are quite outclassed now...
Basalt and Hell are both out by Hasbro ... Burn has lost all relevance.

As for the apparent debate, both Metal Wheels have numerous mold variations, and I do not think it was such a huge debate ... Earth was just generally good for two types, while Burn was slightly better, but only for Stamina.
Earth became safer for stamina than burn once basalt and hell were released, and retained some use in beating BD145CS combos by using low tracks, well after burn went extinct. But really, not worth including.

But yeah, there wasn't really much debate.