[Product]  BB-124 Kreis Cygnus 145WD

(Jan. 20, 2012  4:04 AM)th!nk Wrote: Phantom is a metal doughnut, but a tip that thin would have balance and defence issues.
And if it's literally a needle like what I am reading out of that post, a few punctured stadiums, ahah.
EDIT:
For an on-topic part of the post...
I am really not sure if I will be buying this. It looks cool and all, I just do not want to shell out 20 bucks for a bey I would rarely use... and I'm one of those people who can't let a beyblade not battle Tongue_out
But yeah, I may get it just to see how it fares. Maybe as a birthday present for my little brother in a few months, rather than buying it immediately.
Hah, I'm losing interest in mfb at the moment, but even I am interested in buying this, even if it sucks. :p
If you want, I could sell you one.

But anyway, I'm not even keeping one, since I'm not that interested. Ugh....it looks good, but I'm wanting performance.
Those blue stickers makes it look ugly........I sure it will look much better without it....
The sliding gimmick could wreck this bey. I wont get too technical, seeing as how this is a beyblade site lol, but against a right spin bey, after contact with the other top, in theory the free moving attack ring would reduce recoil and help maintain the beyblades plane of spin. But at what cost?

Negative friction is what i believe makes or breaks these "free ring" style beys. Contact would make your free spinning attack ring rotate in the opposite direction for just a moment. With the moving part of the ring moving in the opposite direction of the rest of the beyblade, friction is made until the ring catches back up to the rest of the bey.

So if this is what you get for wanting less recoil then the only problem would be reducing the negative friction to a point where the "free ring" is beneficial to your strategy. Apart from putting graphite in the ring, theres nothing you can do yourself (at least tournament legal) to reduce the friction.

Kreis Cygnus seems to capitalize on the negative friction factor. At least to me. Maybe its trying to be a hybrid?
(Jan. 20, 2012  3:41 PM)Meltex Wrote: The sliding gimmick could wreck this bey. I wont get too technical, seeing as how this is a beyblade site lol, but against a right spin bey, after contact with the other top, in theory the free moving attack ring would reduce recoil and help maintain the beyblades plane of spin. But at what cost?

Negative friction is what i believe makes or breaks these "free ring" style beys. Contact would make your free spinning attack ring rotate in the opposite direction for just a moment. With the moving part of the ring moving in the opposite direction of the rest of the beyblade, friction is made until the ring catches back up to the rest of the bey.

So if this is what you get for wanting less recoil then the only problem would be reducing the negative friction to a point where the "free ring" is beneficial to your strategy. Apart from putting graphite in the ring, theres nothing you can do yourself (at least tournament legal) to reduce the friction.

Kreis Cygnus seems to capitalize on the negative friction factor. At least to me. Maybe its trying to be a hybrid?

I get where you're coming from, and there is no way to avoid some degree of spin loss due to collision here or with any other bey in a same spin interaction.

But the question to ask is, "do you lose more spin by having the free spinning part subject to friction, or do you lose more spin by taking a hit without a free spinning part?" I believe the answer is that you lose more spin by taking a hit without a free spinning part.
I'm personally more preoccupied by the fact that the "cubes" are likely to keep slamming into each other back and forth due the opposing hits and its own rotation.

Defensively, while there's too many variables for it to really be noteworthy right now (force of launch, angle of launch, slopes, not enough tests, etc.), but in the video against Phantom Orion, Kreis (Defense Mode) seemed to "magnet" back to the center, maybe due to a weight shift of the Metal Frame. Might be interesting to check when testing.
(Jan. 20, 2012  3:41 PM)Meltex Wrote: The sliding gimmick could wreck this bey. I wont get too technical, seeing as how this is a beyblade site lol

Aru and Nocto covered most of your post, but just wanted to say, never worry about getting too technical, because a lot of us appreciate it, and a number of people here will understand even the most technical explanations you provide.
From the video this beyblade is looking awful and seems to have WAYYYY too much recoil!
Not a Duo, but a "free spin Earth" beauty bey. that preety sums up my thoughts.

anyone can test MF-H Kreis Aquario BD145 RDF?
(Jan. 20, 2012  4:07 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2012  3:41 PM)Meltex Wrote: The sliding gimmick could wreck this bey. I wont get too technical, seeing as how this is a beyblade site lol

Aru and Nocto covered most of your post, but just wanted to say, never worry about getting too technical, because a lot of us appreciate it, and a number of people here will understand even the most technical explanations you provide.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, nice to see fellow intellect.

You make a good point Aru, but i dont think your conclusion is 100% true.

Immediately after your average impact, the bey without the free spinning ring is spinning slower. This is because the force of collision has no outlet or any way to disperse, all of it is applyied to the top at once.

On the otherside, kreis would not have felt the entire force of impact immediately. Only a portion of the force would have an effect right at the second of contact. This is the force that decelerated the free spinning ring, the rest of the energy is now STORED in free spinning part of the attack ring.

Think of this energy as a wound that your blade must give up spin to heal.

Since this is prereleased at WHF Osaka so I dont think anyone cares much but I can take pictures and make an unboxing vid if requested so......
Since its not painted I can do some tests but i dont want it deformed too much so i only can do only a few.(like 20 or 30)
Note that my Blitz wheel is wreaked so plz request other attack wheels...
I think the only thing we could want right now is tests, so yes, if you could provide us with even just thirty battles (two or three tests, in other words), that would still be quite helpful.
Kay..... Ill start off with defence results first.Tell me a good attack combo to use.As I said earlier Blitz is unavailible for me...
EDIT:I forgot to ask for what combo i should use for the main thing...
MF-H Kreis ___ BD145CS (defense mode or whatever) vs MF(-H) Variares R145/CH120RF
and I guess you could test it in the other mode too, in the same combo's, in case it also performs well.

By the way, even if the rest of the beyblade ends up sucking, the CW is 3.26 grams according to AD, which makes it one of the heavier ones, though it's slightly lighter than bull and co. If it's well balanced, it could work for stamina, yeah.