[Product]  BB-118 Phantom Orion B:D

Yeah, it gets old. As a joke, MAYBE, but you can't seriously say "Oh, man! The metagame will be totally non-existent!" ESPECIALLY if you've never used a bearing base with plastics or HMS.
True enough! Unless we don't get any info, we shouldn't speculate! I always forget this rule! Tongue_out
But yes, we can surely expect great performance from B: D. Bearing cores have always been good. If a Bearing Core proves out to be BAD, the WBO would probably turn into a mourning site. Tongue_out
Like it was stated before this will not destroy or (insert special move thats over 9000 here) it will only change it significantly because sooner or later there will be a way to beat around B:D just like we've found for every other part and combo before
I'd cry. I'd cry for days and days. DON'T EVEN THINK OF IT, it's just too sad! Useless bearings...? Wah... Anyway, I wonder if the face would produce any Smash? That'd be awesome.

We already have one. It's called RF. Lightning/Gravity+Attack=baibaiB:D!
So that's how Minglok got the photos...

On the a Mode Change thing, if there were any, I wonder what it really could be.
Mhm. B:D looks to be great, however there's that one piece of it that it can't stand up to: Attacks. RF --> B:D = KO. I'm changing my mind on this, I think the metagame will stay just as it is right now, due to the fact that B:D won't have much grip on the stadium. Less friction = easier to KO. Just use something on a low height, and bam there she goes.
(Aug. 10, 2011  4:58 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: So that's how Minglok got the photos...

On the a Mode Change thing, if there were any, I wonder what it really could be.

I don't really think that there will be a Mode Change. Firstly, we have to remember what the 4D System actually represents, and also, this sort of magazine spread in Corocoro is where Takara Tomy advertises all of the Beyblade's gimmicks. Why would they leave out vital information on why this Beyblade is unique? Logically, they would want to advertise all the specialities of this Beyblade.

(Aug. 10, 2011  5:00 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Mhm. B:D looks to be great, however there's that one piece of it that it can't stand up to: Attacks. RF --> B:D = KO. I'm changing my mind on this, I think the metagame will stay just as it is right now, due to the fact that B:D won't have much grip on the stadium. Less friction = easier to KO. Just use something on a low height, and bam there she goes.

Possibly, but we have to remember that B:D can potentially be very, very good in terms of Stamina. I don't think it's designed to take strong attacks anyway; its main attraction is the ball bearing.
(Aug. 10, 2011  5:09 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2011  5:00 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Mhm. BGrin looks to be great, however there's that one piece of it that it can't stand up to: Attacks. RF --> BGrin = KO. I'm changing my mind on this, I think the metagame will stay just as it is right now, due to the fact that BGrin won't have much grip on the stadium. Less friction = easier to KO. Just use something on a low height, and bam there she goes.

Possibly, but we have to remember that BGrin can potentially be very, very good in terms of Stamina. I don't think it's designed to take strong attacks anyway; its main attraction is the ball bearing.

I agree! B: D's main 'attraction' is the Ball Bearing, so of course, it wouldn't be designed well for taking strong blows from powerful attack types. But I think on pairing it with a heavyweight, it will be quite good! Smile Probably MF-H Basalt___ B: D?
Bearing track... This'll definitely change everything.
I would like to point out that there is a fair amount of metal in this base and the majority of it is at the bottom. This will significantly reduce the likelyhood of it being KOed as it not only adds weight but also lowers the center of gravity of the bey.
This will also be good with Basalt as the wobbling will help prevent attacks getting under the metal wheel while the bearing core will help to mitigate the effects of the poor balance. Unless Basalt ____ B:D is completely toppled, the staircase should have minimal effect on it. So says my experience with bearing core Trypio combos.
Geez, it's been forever since YOU posted, Guardian Odin. Nice to see you around every once in a while. But yeah, the general consensus is that this is an amazing, albeit unexpected, release.
The WD styled tip will be less amazing than a rounded one could have been but it will still be downright brilliant.
(Aug. 10, 2011  6:13 PM)minglok Wrote: a video updated by T.T.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnz3DD6Kfu4

Something's up with that Basalt's WD. A new Basalt can manage 4mins.
(Aug. 10, 2011  6:13 PM)minglok Wrote: a video updated by T.T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnz3DD6Kfu4

That is ridiculous.
Dat stamina!!
Maybe not on 90. Plus, Basalt generates a LOT of movement. But yeah, that's just amazing. 7:12? Geez.
(Aug. 10, 2011  6:21 PM)Temporal Wrote: Maybe not on 90. Plus, Basalt generates a LOT of movement.

On 90? No wonder it doesn't last that long!
With the release of Variares and B:D, this will bring attack types back into the metagame. The only way to beat B:D would be to KO it and since drive tracks/bottoms are not particularly hard to KO, there ya go.

Although, MFB has this habit of randomly KOing lighter beys so this isn't the end all drive bottom.
Most likely. Plus, you'd need something that can spin both ways. Gravity and Variares will become used much more often.
It would all depend on the height of BGrin, in comparison to other Spin Tracks for a proper KO to be executed.

It also depends on how much weight there is on BGrin. The Stamina is also a problem, for it might not be properly KO'ed because it could be saved by the wall. The Stamina shown in the pictures says 7 Min plus....
Temporal, you should read the VariAres thread, you are wrong about the spin direction..
Variares would make a terrible zombie wheel, leaving the only choice to be Gravity Perseus.

(Aug. 10, 2011  6:30 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Temporal, you should read the VariAres thread, you are wrong about the spin direction..
How is he wrong?
Blargh, that simply means that everyone needs a Gravity. Great, we're back to using niche combos to beat an overlord of a part. I like counters, but really, if Variares doesn't have the smash to KO this, then Gravity is all that's left, and that means we have MAYBE four combos to use.
ControL_ has been discussing on VariAres capability of Left Spin. I'm trying to help him as well, we are seeing Left Spin is getting less and more worse results then Right Spin in many occasions. Therefore, the surface speed would be of all matter rather than spin velocity. The height on BGrin and the smooth play on it means Left Spin isn't always an option.
Wait... Those tests were on CS, no? I doubt that it can't KO this bottom, so I stand by the idea that Variares will be used. I say keep your spin direction the same as the B:D combo, that way you can get a decent KO.
If you take a look at many bearing core parts from the past generations, they are all VERY light and can be KO'd extremely easily.
(Aug. 10, 2011  6:35 PM)Temporal Wrote: Blargh, that simply means that everyone needs a Gravity. Great, we're back to using niche combos to beat an overlord of a part. I like counters, but really, if Variares doesn't have the smash to KO this, then Gravity is all that's left, and that means we have MAYBE four combos to use.
Hey, hey sorry man.

I didn't mean to be like that. It's a possibility all Left-Spin will do is increase the speed velocity of BGrin, am I wrong? That's why Left-Spin is not always an option..

(Aug. 10, 2011  6:37 PM)Temporal Wrote: Wait... Those tests were on CS, no? I doubt that it can't KO this bottom, so I stand by the idea that Variares will be used. I say keep your spin direction the same as the BGrin combo, that way you can get a decent KO.
As Kai-V said, we can't be too sure to know how light/heavy this is.

VariAres will be used, but taking a look on what is happening to Basalt, no.

(Aug. 10, 2011  6:37 PM)Deikailo Wrote: If you take a look at many bearing core parts from the past generations, they are all VERY light and can be KO'd extremely easily.
Yes, yes, but it would also depend on many factors, height, weight, etc.