[Product]  BB-116 Random Booster Vol. 8 Jade Jupiter

(Aug. 08, 2011  3:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So Jade in total weighs 39.15 grams.

That's disappointing. It's interesting how TAKARA-TOMY has thus far not been scared to match or exceed the "maximum" properties of the other Maximum Series Beyblades (Hell is no longer the widest Wheel, EDS is arguably just as good as EWD depending on the situation, TH170 is an infinitely more useful part than 230), yet they haven't really gone near Basalt's weight yet.

It's like the Libra problem all over again, except this time they're trying to correct it by releasing all of these ridiculously designed high recoil Wheels like Vari Ares and Blitz.
(Aug. 08, 2011  11:14 PM)Kei Wrote:

That's disappointing. It's interesting how TAKARA-TOMY has thus far not been scared to match or exceed the "maximum" properties of the other Maximum Series Beyblades (Hell is no longer the widest Wheel, EDS is arguably just as good as EWD depending on the situation, TH170 is an infinitely more useful part than 230), yet they haven't really gone near Basalt's weight yet.

It's like the Libra problem all over again, except this time they're trying to correct it by releasing all of these ridiculously designed high recoil Wheels like Vari Ares and Blitz.
i totally agree with you. i guess it's the fact that basalt is somewhat hard to beat on its own and with rubber tips, it's practically like a tank. i guess they're just trying to equalize the defense vs the attack and the attack vs the stamina. in other words, they're trying to make it so that some defense types are beatable and so some attack types are stoppable (same with attack and stamina blades). idk. that's how i pictured it when the maximum series was still coming out.
technically hell is the widest wheel the second widest wheels are big bang,jade and I think Ldrago destroy all of those three are 49 millimeters and flame byxis was maximum because of its height which is 230 nothing has gone above that so yeah. though I do agree onthe EDS VS EWD
(Aug. 09, 2011  8:49 AM)H8R Wrote: technically hell is the widest wheel the second widest wheels are big bang,jade and I think Ldrago destroy all of those three are 49 millimeters and flame byxis was maximum because of its height which is 230 nothing has gone above that so yeah.

No...Hell isn't the widest at all.

Kei meant that TH170 is still a much better choice to use over 230 because of its various heights, so overall it's more useful.
(Aug. 09, 2011  9:59 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: No...Hell isn't the widest at all.

Kei meant that TH170 is still a much better choice to use over 230 because of its various heights, so overall it's more useful.

really.
I knew thats what Kei meant but byxis was maximum for its height and though TH170 is now more usefull 230 is still a tad bit taller at the end of the day.
by 1 mm
is it gonna make a difference
Edit: lol i fail
Iceburn
Yes 1mm can make a big difference , 90 vs 100 , 220 vs 230 , 135 vs 145 ect.
all the beys that exceed the maxium series are in 4d perhaps the maxium series is surposed to be in maxium in metal fight beyblade explosion not the later series

also has there beeen any testing on rb and its usefulnes
(Aug. 08, 2011  4:27 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: What i don't like about Jade is it's space from the Core and Metal Frame. There is a gap...

Same here, it might suffer the same weak point that the Rock Wheel has and there are quite a few Metal Wheels that can use that gap as a target :\ even the Killer Wheel with certain tracks......
Cool, this thing is CRAZY.
It can attack like most attack types, then can change into stamina mode like Ldrago Destroy's F:S......
Epic.
(Aug. 09, 2011  11:09 AM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote: Cool, this thing is CRAZY.
It can attack like most attack types, then can change into stamina mode like Ldrago Destroy's F:S......
Epic.
RB moved like that (attack) cause akira'sdaddy used a modified rev up launcher so If you used a normal bey launcher then it wouldn't move that aggressively.
(Aug. 09, 2011  1:43 PM)H8R Wrote:
It can attack like most attack types, then can change into stamina mode like Ldrago Destroy's FConfused......
Epic.
RB moved like that (attack) cause akira'sdaddy used a modified rev up launcher so If you used a normal bey launcher then it wouldn't move that aggressively.
BB18libra used a regular Beylauncher, it was still relatively aggressively.
(Aug. 09, 2011  1:55 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2011  1:43 PM)H8R Wrote:
It can attack like most attack types, then can change into stamina mode like Ldrago Destroy's FConfused......
Epic.
BB18libra used a regular Beylauncher, it was still relatively aggressively.

That's what most rubber bottoms do, especially one like RB with a large surface area that touches the stadium.

Also, this might belong in Random Thoughts, but RB could possibly be effective with the weak shoot... Just a thought.
Wouldn't the aggressive movement of the RB make it easier to KO(it being on the Tornado Ridge)? All it would take is a straight shot with an R2F/LRF bottom so the RB is probably going to be better for attack than anything else.
hmmm I cant seem to find bb18libras video for jade jupiter also on the weak launch bit WE SHOULD have to see how good the stamina is first....but good thought I might try it out when I get this
Arctic the defens of RB should make up for that.
If Rf's can KO the RS CS RSF and worn RF's then why not RB? Like i said all the increased surface area is going to is make it easier for attack types to KO by bringing itself closer to the TR. Also being made of rubber (the same type ans the RF i assume) it has low stamina. The metal balls in Jade are probably what's doing all the work.
Even that so Balls can't do slidings, and F tips are faster.
And as you said, probably is because of Jade's metal balls.....
(Aug. 08, 2011  11:14 PM)Kei Wrote:

I know this post is quite old on the thread, but-
I totally agree with you, Kei. IMO, they simply lack another idea by which they could make a fusion wheel that is- Extremely heavy, but is not 'formidable'. They put Spiral Staircase in Basalt, but now they might have no idea of how to create a MW heavier than it(which can be defeated). Actually, weight is a quantity that affects the performance of beys quite a lot. Same goes for height. You see, for Max. Stamina, EDS is better as you said. For Upper, there is just nothing(even Screw doesn't have Upper attack). For Max. Width, Hell has been beaten, but IMO width doesn't really alter the performance of a bey by an unusually big margin... The performance of wide MWs and compact MWs doesn't differ much. Correct me if I am wrong...
For Max. Height and Max. Weight, 230 and Basalt have still remained at the top. I am not considering performance here, as this is all about height, and weight. I know TH170 is better than 230. But still, 230 is the highest track, while Basalt is the heaviest wheel. So, TT hasn't taken much pains to make something of a higher measurement; both in weight and height. Smile

Back on topic of Jade-
Thanks for the updates, Kai-V! Well, I am disappointed by the weight, but quite happy with the parts. I expect Jade and RB to find good use. Joyful_2
What would happen if the balls on Jade Jupiter were inside, ceasing movement, and it had an FD bottom on final drive? My theory: KA BOOM POWA!
(Aug. 09, 2011  2:35 PM)Arctic Wrote: If Rf's can KO the RS CS RSF and worn RF's then why not RB? Like i said all the increased surface area is going to is make it easier for attack types to KO by bringing itself closer to the TR. Also being made of rubber (the same type ans the RF i assume) it has low stamina. The metal balls in Jade are probably what's doing all the work.

um not really. Larger area more friction so it's likely it will be better for defence than RS, CS and RSF. You're thinking makes no sense.
(Aug. 09, 2011  2:09 PM)Arctic Wrote: Wouldn't the aggressive movement of the RB make it easier to KO(it being on the Tornado Ridge)? All it would take is a straight shot with an R2F/LRF bottom so the RB is probably going to be better for attack than anything else.

That's why we launched WB at 80% power; so we will launch RB at 80% or similar.
Arctic, we would just wear it down a bit.

The weak launch is a key-role here. WB launched 100% slight worn can Attack circle, RB shouldn't be a problem seeing the tension involved.
(Aug. 09, 2011  2:35 PM)Arctic Wrote: If Rf's can KO the RS CS RSF and worn RF's then why not RB? Like i said all the increased surface area is going to is make it easier for attack types to KO by bringing itself closer to the TR. Also being made of rubber (the same type ans the RF i assume) it has low stamina. The metal balls in Jade are probably what's doing all the work.

the reason y RFs can KO is because of it's flat shape and friction. RB doesn't have a flat shape... yes, it has friction and yes that creates movement but like RS, it prevents movement. in other words, sharper the contact point, the more defense it has. also, refer to the plastic counter parts. S had bad defense and major balance issues, WB has better stamina and defense, SF has some defense. if RS is a top defense tip, RSF is also a good defense tip... hmm, wouldn't it make sense for that to apply to RB considering its plastic counterpart had better defense than SF and S? check out reference to get an idea:
Or people could also read the article I wrote about that in the Physics topic.
Oh Boy will this be good for Weak launchers oringinally we used WB to not move and launched weakly with dan we got to launch weaker to be more effective with RB don't launch hard no movement perfect defense (Cause of the possible sefl KO if moving ) However you must know if it has so much friction it will have a sleep out easy M<an for some reason I'm excited to see that contest of Defense vs it's Stamina sorry if this has altready been said I got tured of reading past post 80 orry if this has been said easily RB will be fantastic on spin stealers launch weak powerful defense somewhat steal their spin to keep spinning and win