[Product]  BB-114 VariAres D:D

(May. 14, 2011  1:49 AM)KidJSoul Wrote: Oh, this looks like it will be the of the worst Metal Wheels.
lol. why bold "the"? and ur sentence made no sense
(May. 14, 2011  1:49 AM)KidJSoul Wrote: The spikes don't look like they will smash as good as they look. But that's just speculation, and I might get proved wrong. Lets wait.
i have a feeling u might be proven wrong. if this is as heavy as i think it is, it will dominate. LLdrago is top tier because it had SO MUCH smash attack but the issue was that it was too light so it would sometimes fail.... if it's mad heavy (like how majority of the 4D beyblades are) it's weight will reduce the recoil on IT.
main keys for an attack type:
-weight
-smash attack/upper attack/lower attack
-recoil
is it just me, or in the coro coro comic, does it not look like the most intimidating beyblade ever?
And kai-v why are you always so serious? .__.
Valiales? Valiares? Variales? It's so confusing!
(May. 14, 2011  4:54 AM)Lexos Wrote: is it just me, or in the coro coro comic, does it not look like the most intimidating beyblade ever?

to run a successful website, you have to be as professional as possible. that includes NOT joking around because that can throw off people who want to know legit information. for example:
(May. 13, 2011  8:25 PM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(May. 13, 2011  3:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not understand why you posted that from the looks of it, it seemed to come with a T125. Seriously ? I had already written it in the title ... And it is clearly not "T130" or something ...

lol. i know... i was being sarcastic.... i suck at sarcasm... :3
I threw kai-v off with my info with sarcasm... get what i mean?

the make the beyblade intimidating in the comic so they can get the younger group's attention and get them to buy it... it's indirect advertisement.
Side view of Vari Ares from the manga. (Photo from Beyblade Parts House)
http://i.imgur.com/OlHKLl.jpg

From what I can see, the black and yellow parts we saw from the top view is one thin part, while there is a thicker Metal Wheel(?) below it.
I really hope the black and yellow part is not plastic though...

EDIT: typo, lol.
Okay, so probably more smash than pure spike attack, but still, DUAL SPIN ATTACK BEY!!!! I may have a new favourite bey. And if we look up the physics of spike attack, this should have some of those properties. I'm very, very excited for this. Unless it's stupidly light or something.
(May. 14, 2011  5:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: Unless it's stupidly light or something.

completely agree with you. I can't wait to see akiradaddy get it. once he does, we'll see it's weight.
(May. 14, 2011  5:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: Unless it's stupidly light or something.
I doubt it would be too light as they try to keep on improving beys and making it lighter would be going back a step, so I'm expecting something pretty darn good.
(May. 14, 2011  5:25 AM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(May. 14, 2011  4:54 AM)Lexos Wrote: is it just me, or in the coro coro comic, does it not look like the most intimidating beyblade ever?

to run a successful website, you have to be as professional as possible. that includes NOT joking around because that can throw off people who want to know legit information. for example:
(May. 13, 2011  8:25 PM)Sky Prince Wrote:
(May. 13, 2011  3:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not understand why you posted that from the looks of it, it seemed to come with a T125. Seriously ? I had already written it in the title ... And it is clearly not "T130" or something ...

I see that you are correct ._.
L Kinda does fit him best xD
Getting off topic from the thread though.
I don't know if the 4D Beys is a good idea for TakaraTomy....
Fang and BigBang arent all that good...

lol. i know... i was being sarcastic.... i suck at sarcasm... :3
I threw kai-v off with my info with sarcasm... get what i mean?

the make the beyblade intimidating in the comic so they can get the younger group's attention and get them to buy it... it's indirect advertisement.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DH_tpe9Jcng/Tc...670295.jpg

Dunno if this was posted yet. Hope I helped
@th!nk Well, if it does turn out to be ridiculously light, perhaps something like Midnight or even Earth by my standards, we could always slap something like a BD on it, can't we?

Me, I'm really interested to see exactly what will happen. I really do hope the yellow and black bits are plastic though, and I have really high hopes for a very versatile attacker. Similarly to LDD, I want to see this put onto an S130 and have it rape, or if it turns out to be lacking of weight, on a BD. Since it's 4D, its diameter is most likely going to be 50mm, unless it turns into another Fang. I like the idea of Plastic for attack. It comforts me. Can you see those ridges on the yellow bit? If they'd made it rubber, they would have screwed up everything. We'd have to wear it down and make it malleable somehow, and even then we'd be left with a piece of recoil producing rubber that just gets in the way. If you remember the plastic generation, you will start to appreciate what I'm saying. I hope.

I'm always one to speculate, but only on things I deem fit to waste my team speculating over. Dual spin interests me, I loved how even if your opponent was using a lefty defense, you could own it, or if you happened to stumble upon LLD, you could switch to righty spin and pwn it. Not only this, but if it were plastic, simply switch to such and have a dodgy CS at hand, because then you could launch properly and have it defend. If you wished it to be so, you could bank it and make it an anti meta, with the plastic paired with RF and all. Also, I love the name. Buying it just for the name and face, even if it is failure.

However, I see a problem with the many protrusions it has, does anyone remeber Gravity ATK, and the R145 incident. In a world where Basalt was yet to be released, attack perseus actually did worse than something like regular perseus. When the bey collided it often hit with defense mode, and completely skipped the counter mode. What would happen then is what happened with the killer sag, it would fall apart and start attacking like storm. WHat about R145 and the regular Gravity? WHen you had R145 in position with the wings under defense and had it in counter mode, it would sometimes attak with just R145 and miss counter completely. Then, if you appened to cange it completely to defense mode, it wouldn't have enough power to keep up. So, everyone started using GP with the wings under counter, as it brang the wings closer to the edge and also made for a more powerful hit using its major sash points in combination with the wings, same with Pegasis WD145. Over here, we don't even have a choice and it just might end up like a Vulcan, unable to generate much recoil, although still smashing like hell. Or perhaps it will be the other way around. This is what I find interested, and that is what I want to see.

Anyhow, thanks DIamond and Kai for the info. ^^

Switching to Blader DJ mode. Gosh, I can't control his beyspirit. Too much.. OVERLOAD.

BATTLE COMMENCE!! WYVERN DJ ATTACK!!!!

I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH YOU SKYXPPRINCE! YOU SAY G=BIG BANG AND FANG ARENT GOOD WHEN THEY ARE PERFECT ON S130, THEY ACHEIVE FAR GREATER RESULTS THAN YOU DO IN SCHOOL, AND YET YOU ONLY CRITICISE BECAUSE YOU SUCK BEYBLADES. AND ALSO, HOW DARE YOU PUT DOWN POOR MUSHY FOR REPLYING TO A POST, I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD OFF BEFORE IM FINSISHED WITH YOU. POW POW. i WON *0* NO, MY SPIRIT IS FADING. I BELEIVE IN YOU MUSHY. I BELEIVE IN ALL WORLD BEYFRIENDS. *disappear* get out

Switching back........... COMPLETE.

Hello pplz, I'm back. Yeah, I agree, fang and big bang don't suck. SKyxprince was being sadistic again, so thanks for shutting him up ^^ ANyway, yeah. SUck it.
Not too important, but here's a terrible side view of Vari Ares.
http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-108911...72032.html

It looks as though it has a Bottom (or the tip, at least) from the Sharp series(?).
(May. 14, 2011  7:54 AM)Diamond Wrote: Not too important, but here's a terrible side view of Vari Ares.
http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-108911...72032.html

It looks as though it has a Bottom (or the tip, at least) from the Sharp series(?).

hmm, it looks like a very THICK beyblade.... it's gotta be heavy... unless it's a huge disappointment and the thickness just so happen to be plastic. lol. that would get my hopes down.
From the start that I saw the image of this beyblade; it seemed like the beyblade would have the same naming system as L-Drago Destroy. And this image seems to make it slightly clearer (for myself) that I cannot see a clear wheel on top.

http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-108911...71097.html

(May. 14, 2011  5:42 AM)Diamond Wrote: From what I can see, the black and yellow parts we saw from the top view is one thin part, while there is a thicker Metal Wheel(?) below it.
I really hope the black and yellow part is not plastic though...

From the image that Saigo provided, the yellow part actually looks like a separate part and the black parts are just the "on-top" metal wheel.
Yes, this Beyblade definitely has a very thick Metal Wheel, with either a yellow Clear Wheel filling some of the gaps with three wings, or that is part of the 4D Bottom itself.
@Mushy Perseus atk has always done better than the normal perseus cw. It wasn't commonly seen pre basalt as few people had it. It does better in testing than perseus (def/normal) against pre-basalt defence combos, too. Also, counter is a Mode of Perseus, so saying "hit with the counter parts" or the like doesn't mean much. (Also, probably should have said the sky prince thingo through PM's, and toned it down. I really can't talk, but yeah).

And vulcan Does suffer huge recoil, hence needing a metal face and rubber bottom. It's weight helps negate it somewhat, but it's still got huge recoil.

Whoever said "this reminds me of plastic gen AR's", I completely agree. IMO, this is a good thing.

Also, I kinda expected this to be Julius' next bey, but apparently it's that spiky haired kids Uncertain

I kinda guess the holes are to keep the weight down, but given the fact corocoro pointed them out and alluded to a function, I guess they're part of a mode change thingo.

Hoping the mode change or a re-orientation lets us get that plastic out of the way. Hmmm...

Anyway, quite excited for this. It's nice seeing the 4D (and maximum) dominated metagame getting new viable (or possibly viable) parts, given that it's quite narrow right now.
Great! The CW of this will looks to be unique. Yes, the metal wheel does indeed looks very think! I hope this at least weighs some enough G's too knock out Basalt. The CW really reminds me of Perseus ATK.

Thanks, Diamond for the two Side Pictures.
We can't tell if it actually has a true CW, or just a PC Frame/Core like L Drago Destroy (Or even no plastic) as yet...

If it does have a CW on top, it looks like it'd be awfully thin Uncertain
(May. 14, 2011  2:52 PM)th!nk Wrote: We can't tell if it actually has a true CW, or just a PC Frame/Core like L Drago Destroy (Or even no plastic) as yet...

If it does have a CW on top, it looks like it'd be awfully thin Uncertain
Looking closely at the picture, you see a Yellow disk. I'm thinking that it's rubber like LDD's Core.

Also, you can see something on the metal wheel. Much like a PC Frame/CW.
http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-108911...70130.html

http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-108911...67465.html

Can someone translate?
i thinnk the big gaps will give us A LOT of recoil, dont you think?
Smash? Yes. Recoil, Maybe, but the points are rather focused, so maybe not Uncertain
Don't confuse the two (though, tbh, everyone does, even I sometimes slip into the habit of saying recoil instead of smash).

(May. 14, 2011  3:31 PM)Mr. N Wrote: http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-108911...70130.html

Can someone translate?

Those look like close ups from the cover, so I doubt it's anything new...
(May. 14, 2011  4:08 PM)etiloli Wrote: i thinnk the big gaps will give us A LOT of recoil, dont you think?

Making it (possibly) decent for the use of attack, derp(?)
(May. 14, 2011  3:31 PM)Mr. N Wrote: http://ameblo.jp/otenki2010/image-108911...70130.html

Can someone translate?
First one is:
"Beygrade (not a typo)
Limited Vari Ares
Present from Silver Peel (probably referring to some sort of scratchcard lottery?)
(Something about) Limited Color and getting the newest rare Bey."

For the second on, the title and first half of the paragraph is the same content from above.
(Then something about) Exciting and rare with high performance.
Surprising Dual Spin gimmick
Your head/brains will spin in reverse! (Not a mistranslation)
I love Japanese marketing (well, the presentation of the covers). Not in a racist way or anything, I like the way advertising demonstrates what appeals to the majority of other cultures, how it reflects on the culture, etc (Psychology student here Uncertain )
AAANYWAY, is it normal for coro-coro to do limited early releases of beys that will soon be Starters/Boosters?
So the one pictured is not the real one? (Not Limited)

Looks good. As for recoil, there should be plenty. I hope the wheel doesn't too much texture to it.

Thanks, Diamond for the translation!