[Product]  B-97 Starter Nightmare Longinus.Ds

Guys what are on, the driver looks absolutely epic. I might have a thing for drivers though. Still, looks like I'll have to buy L2 to get a decent left spin launcher.
what are the two modes it can switch into?
anyone know what the description says about the layer and driver?
Woah, that thing looks crazy! 4 dragon heads around this time can add some weight, but I don't think that could really make up for the lack of a disk. Though, the recommended combo seems to suggest that you could still add a disk to this?

The Driver just seems really odd, and almost like Hold. I'm wondering if it's basically that.

And wow, a bearing Driver in Burst now? Interesting to hear that from the recommend combo sections of a leaked Bey, haha.
From what I understand, it doesn't lack a disk, the disk is a special one made for nL, it's in there, but it's unclear wether it actually comes out, or not. You can't add another disk though, the recommended combo includes a new frame named Bump
So I guess this is like L-Drago Destroy where the metal and plastic parts make up one wheel? Interesting.

(also, who wants to bet that Destroy will literally just be FConfused :p)
(Sep. 22, 2017  9:48 AM)Hato Wrote: Woah, that thing looks crazy! 4 dragon heads around this time can add some weight, but I don't think that could really make up for the lack of a disk. Though, the recommended combo seems to suggest that you could still add a disk to this?

The Driver just seems really odd, and almost like Hold. I'm wondering if it's basically that.

And wow, a bearing Driver in Burst now? Interesting to hear that from the recommend combo sections of a leaked Bey, haha.

Well the naming convention of Burst seems to show that this can only hold a frame. Meteo is the heaviest frame, so I imagine that's a good pair.
Wow! This bey looks fantastic. :D Also Nightmare Longinus gives me a lot of L-Drago Destroy vibes because:
1. The top Metal and Plastic parts are fused.
2. The dragon heads can rotate.
3. The driver is called Destroy.
4. The driver might have an F:S gimmick.
5. It has metal dragon heads.
6. The color schemes are very similar.

I really hope Destroy either has an F:S, SA165 or a new gimmick.

I'm super excited for this release. :D
So this is like L-Drago Destroy in a way, including the colour scheme. It looks really nice though! I can only imagine it never had a disk either due to how heavy it was or how low the layer reached down at (presumably to compensate for the gimmick). I hope the red isn't rubber though, since it would make Fafnir look unspecial. I also see the Bearing driver too, which kinda looks like a mix of BGrin and Revolve, which is nice. I see the driver but I don't know what it's supposed to be, at first I expected something like Reboot or FConfused, but some have said is a mix of Spiral and Guard, and really? They opted for a spiral tip again? This release does look incredibly nice though!
To me it looks like the metal heads can rotate so that they are directly behind or in front of the white wings.
so what is the exact pourpose of the driver
It also looks like we are not able to added a metal god chip to it.
(Sep. 22, 2017  9:48 AM)Hato Wrote: Woah, that thing looks crazy! 4 dragon heads around this time can add some weight, but I don't think that could really make up for the lack of a disk. Though, the recommended combo seems to suggest that you could still add a disk to this?

excuse me but what do you mean by Bearing Driver. Do you mean the one with phantom orion ? I thought that's what revolve is.
(Sep. 22, 2017  4:36 PM)Limetka Wrote:

excuse me but what do you mean by Bearing Driver. Do you mean the one with phantom orion ? I thought that's what revolve is.

No, Revolve was the AS tip from Sol Blaze.
I just realized... how is bursting suppost to work without a disk??
 How are you even suppost to launch it? Can somdone highlight the indents for the launcher??
(Sep. 22, 2017  6:02 PM)Sıon Wrote: I just realized... how is bursting suppost to work without a disk??
 How are you even suppost to launch it? Can somdone highlight the indents for the launcher??

It can definitely burst, the only real thing you need for the burst gimmick to work is the Driver. The weight of a disk actually makes bursting way easier than without a disk.
The disk is only there to add weight cause battles with super light beys is really boring.
Since it doesn't/is a disk they probably don't have the normal prongs that a disk usually has, but it'll still have those indents since you can launch it with the Proto Launcher included
(Sep. 22, 2017  6:02 PM)Sıon Wrote: I just realized... how is bursting suppost to work without a disk??

Uh... you don't really need a disk to be able to launch it, sure, it'll be a lot harder to burst though.

I'm actually wondering how anyone is meant to assemble it, at least assuming the underside of the layer is pretty much a shape molded looking like a god disk.
From the link marutti posted
"The gimmick moves the dragon of the disc part as the lock goes!"

You do realise with any burst bey you can attach the layer and driver to each right without the disk being there? The disk is only there for weight really.
(Sep. 22, 2017  6:34 PM)Mage Wrote: From the link marutti posted

That would be awesome! In a way it's kinda like Xcalibur's double impact but more amazing and condensed into one layer only, which I like more. But really? No manual change? Granted it would feel similar to Twin Nemesis' move but why this automatic change carp? How many burst beyblade parts have manual mode change? Not that many.
(Sep. 22, 2017  6:34 PM)Mage Wrote: From the link marutti posted

I guess this (red circle) is where the Launcher attaches and the inner dragon heads will act as the weight connected to the driver that makes bursting easier like a disk, and effectively only the outer heads will contribute to the "layer".
That's all a bit weird considering the direction it should burst in, though. Maybe it's the other way around and the outer heads connect to the driver?

Edit: Ok, now I'm thinking the outer dragon heads will be the only thing moving when locking/unlocking the beyblade and substitute the disk weight.

[Image: vn6U4mU.jpg]
Maybe the parts that you put the launcher on appear when the heads move
Is it confirmed that the guard portion of ds is the shell or the middle part

The driver does not appear to mode change during battle maybe it can be done manually if it has a mode change at all
I think that the description of Destroy is causing more confusion than help.

As for the way the layer's gimmick works, I think it's that every time it skips a tooth and gets closer to bursting, either the dragon heads or the lower part of the layer rotates, much like the disc of a normal Burst bey would. As Jinbee said, like the interaction X2 and Magnum have, but integrated into one part. This means that this layer cannot accommodate a disc in any capacity, and the Driver, by extension, is just a normal driver. Think of it as if the disc was permanently attached to the layer, but was still capable of rotating.
My only complaint is that they didnt make a nine disc for god layer.
(Sep. 23, 2017  1:21 PM)BlackSunProphet Wrote: My only complaint is that they didnt make a nine disc for god layer.

yeah because having two discs called Nine and 9 wouldn't be confusing in the slightest