[Product]  B-89 Booster Blast Jinnius.5G.Gr

(Jul. 12, 2017  11:30 AM)marutti Wrote: [Image: ig77JYs.jpg]
From http://ameblo.jp/egnat/entry-12292015605.html

Just as I thought the color it would be. 5 disk is like 4 but with a sick design. THE LAYER IS SO GOOD LOOKING.
Wth
Grow looks like an upside down bowl with a little ball in the middle
(Jul. 12, 2017  2:50 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Apparently Gr is Grow, and it's meant to change heights or... something. I hope it isn't too tall to the point of game breaking, we already have to deal with that stupid combo dFPAt...

It looks like Guard to me.
From what I can see, the layer moves up and shifts to the left slightly, so I assume that if it gets hit, it rises, sort of like a screw?
It looks like the driver will scrape a lot.
@[TrainiacJ]

Told you it was a G.
Ill be getting this for the 5 pointed disk. Might go good with B2
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: @[TrainiacJ]

Told you it was a G.

Disregarding your... whatever this is, I still think it'll be a J.
  • Three Beyblades where the avatar's name begins with G (Gaia, Garuda "G"enius) is too many to not be confusing.
  • The layer has a J motif all over it, including the god chip. I have no idea how you can't see that.
  • The guy on the manga promo image with the J on his suit has the colors of the layer all over his clothing.
  • Even if it's pronounced Genius, it could still be written in english as Jenius/Jinnius/whatever. It's not farfetched as this has happened before. (Kronos v Chronos, Quetzalcoatl v Quetzalcatl, etc)
  • Frankly, Genius sounds stupid. It doesn't sound like a name for anything beyblade related. Jenius looks dumb too, but it's way more believable imo.
Save your smugness for when the english spelling is confirmed on the boxart.
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:26 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: @[TrainiacJ]

Told you it was a G.

Disregarding your... whatever this is, I still think it'll be a J.
  • Three Beyblades where the avatar's name begins with G (Gaia, Garuda "G"enius) is too many to not be confusing.
  • The layer has a J motif all over it, including the god chip. I have no idea how you can't see that.
  • The guy on the manga promo image with the J on his suit has the colors of the layer all over his clothing.
  • Even if it's pronounced Genius, it could still be written in english as Jenius/Jinnius/whatever. It's not farfetched as this has happened before. (Kronos v Chronos, Quetzalcoatl v Quetzalcatl, etc)
  • Frankly, Genius sounds stupid. It doesn't sound like a name for anything beyblade related. Jenius looks dumb too, but it's way more believable imo.

Hitting back at what I felt was your condescending post where you implied I was stupid not to see the J's on the beyblade.

1) I don't think that's confusing.
2) I guess it does look like an upsidedown J but the other way it looks like a G (I can draw over it you did if you seriously can't see this?).
3) That doesn't really prove anything....
4) Irrelevant.
5) Those are all opinions not proof.
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:56 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:26 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Disregarding your... whatever this is, I still think it'll be a J.

Hitting back at what I felt was your condescending post where you implied I was stupid not to see the J's on the beyblade.

1) I don't think that's confusing.
2) I guess it does look like an upsidedown J but the other way it looks like a G (I can draw over it you did if you seriously can't see this?).
4) Irrelevant.
5) Those are all opinions not proof.
Okay yes it may LOOK like a G but you also have to note that the new beys in the god series have the letter reversed on each god chip, and to me and im pretty sure more people, the letter on this bey's chip looks WAYYY more like a reverse J than a G or even a reversed G (besides, we already have Garuda).
(Jul. 12, 2017  7:26 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
  • Frankly, Genius sounds stupid.

Wow, that's pretty ironic lol!

(Jul. 12, 2017  7:56 PM)Ultra Wrote: 1) I don't think that's confusing.

1) That's your opinion also.
2) In TrainiacJ's defense, it could be a reversed J because any new motifs that use the same letter, in this case J like J2, this is probably a backwards J sort of like have kS had a backwards S.
3) They did it with Jin Awaza too, it's possible.

EDIT: I respond to points 1 and 3.
So is the driver CH or TH
Cancer or Lynx

I really want CH for new attach combos
woow, please just stop these really petty arguments over a letter, stop killing the vibe and just enjoy a new bey release, take it to messages if you want to continue please
Yeah, can we stop the bickering on something as trivial as a letter please? It's not worth the hassle. Let's just wait for some official confirmation and, until then, you can use your own respective spellings.
Pics of this booster's parts from TT's website

[Image: 7LtiOMv.png]
[Image: EWh4f2i.png]
[Image: YmGfN1d.png]

When you click that blue or green button on the page next to the bey, a picture comes up. At the top left corner of this one you can see a J in the gold circle. This means that it is confirmed spelled with a J.
Also the romaji has a j because it makes that sound and differentiates itself from the G's which make a "Guh" sound. It just means that the sound is like a J.
What exactly does Guard do? And does the layer lock in the lifted position or does it rise and fall in battle?
(Jul. 14, 2017  2:38 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: When you click that blue or green button on the page next to the bey, a picture comes up. At the top left corner of this one you can see a J in the gold circle. This means that it is confirmed spelled with a J.
Also the romaji has a j because it makes that sound and differentiates itself from the G's which make a "Guh" sound. It just means that the sound is like a J.

oh

well there we go

(here's the image he was talking about btw)

EDIT:
(Jul. 14, 2017  2:39 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: What exactly does Guard do? And does the layer lock in the lifted position or does it rise and fall in battle?

Guard is like E230 mixed with SWD I guess. It rises and falls to keep the bey upright. bJ also rises and falls due to centrifugal force and it can also be used to negate hits? Idk how effective it will be tho.
(Jul. 14, 2017  2:41 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2017  2:38 PM)cosmicstriker Wrote: When you click that blue or green button on the page next to the bey, a picture comes up. At the top left corner of this one you can see a J in the gold circle. This means that it is confirmed spelled with a J.

oh

well there we go

(here's the image he was talking about btw)

EDIT:
(Jul. 14, 2017  2:39 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: What exactly does Guard do? And does the layer lock in the lifted position or does it rise and fall in battle?

Guard is like E230 mixed with SWD I guess. It rises and falls to keep the bey upright. bJ also rises and falls due to centrifugal force and it can also be used to negate hits? Idk how effective it will be tho.

Ok, I guess. Not sure how effective it will be lol. I think the tip looks like Defense and Loop's though? I hope .
So yeah, looks like I was right, the layer does work like a screw, where it gets it it raises up. It's weird though since raising up would actually be worse theorectially, though I guess the idea is to make it thicker. Guard is a cool driver, maybe it'll be the next Atomic, the gimmick idea is cool.
I think the whole idea of this is anti-destabilization. The Guard driver is supposed to help prevent it from tipping and losing balance, and the lifting gimmick of the layer makes it so the outside moves before the inside. All good in theory, but destabilization isn't a particularly common strategy in Burst.

(also I hope the little "skirt" on Guard is free-spinning. If not the scrapes will be immense)
Not sure how useful these parts will be, but pretty cool ideas for both the Layer and Driver! Looking forward to this release.
It's based on a Djinn,sometimes spelled JINN, which is a lot like a Genie, so the name could be a botched mix of the words Genie and Jinn. The layer DOES look spiritlike,and JUST UNDERNEATH blue plastic, located under the god chip, there is an engraving that kinda resembles a genie lamp, if you use your imagination. So i can see where the design is based from.
Also, i think the guard piece for Blast Jenius is like the lamp for a genie, as in it gives high defence and protects the genie inside.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEzfTF4XkAIXa4v?format=jpg
Thats what i mean with the lamp
It's stunning how Takara comes up with so many cool ideas... I'm not really that much interested in competitive use, my comp hometown is Plastics. But the gimmicks are extremely nice. I wasn't a big fan of the first god releases, but it's getting better and better (or: more interesting at least).