[Austin, Texas, USA] The Cold War 12.30.11

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey, guys! I'm back with another Austin tournament. This time, I hope there will be more attendees than the last tourney. So here is a quick description of the tournament...

Name: The Cold War (no pun intendid)

Date: December 30th, 2011- I chose this day because this is when people are coming home from winter vacation and are getting ready for the New Year. Be sure to be there by 3pm, because we'll be starting 10-15 minutes afterward.

Venue/Place: Zilker Park (in downtown Austin)
• There are multiple playscapes and a train for younger children who are not participating in the tournament.
• In case it rains, there is pavilion that we can still battle under.
• If you're hungry, there are food shacks! Yay, FOOD!
• There is no admission required to get into the park.
• BRING A JACKET BECUASE IT WILL BE COLD, MAYBE BE WINDY, AND MAYBE RAIN!
• WE WILL BE MEETING AT THE PAVILION ACROSS FROM THE TRAIN STATION, LIKE LAST TIME! Here's a map if you need one: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=co...0648831302.

Expected Turnout: I estimate that around 15 people will come. I REALLY hope that more people will come than last time. The pavilion can cover at least 25 people -- add a few, take a few -- so we're good if it rains. Remember that the more people we have, the more stadiums we need to make it run fast and smooth!

Confirmed Attendees: (* means that person is going to make an account)
1. JAM20100511 (bringing a TT Attack Stadium)
2. Beyblader51
3. ldragorush48
4. MatteoBlade
5. clix98
6. tylertk
7. coreybeymaster
8. beymaster78
9. ebdrummer
10. Justustify
11. beymasternwb
12. reggie yi
13. fluffnugget (probably)

"Maybe" Attendees:
1. broughboys
2. Justustify's friend*
3. Justustify's friend*
4. Justustify's brother*

Format: If we get a minimal amount (x < 12 people) of people, it will be best to do a Round Robin style Format. That went pretty well last time. If we get 12+ people, we'll swtich to a Round Robin Block style format. I've seen both formats in play, so I know what to do.
• EDIT: We are now officially switching to the Round RObin Block Format because we have the minimal amount of 12 people for that format!

Stadiums: I, myself, have a Takara Tomy Attack stadium and a Hasbro stadium. You can bring all the stadiums you like, but we can only use the legal Takara Tomy stadiums! If you have a TT stadium and wonder if it passes, contact Kai-V, give her a brief description of your stadium, and let her decide. If you want to support us and get one yourself, here's a link to a good stadium (the one I have): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Attack-...1e68b45a51

Prizes: I just finished working on a Boy Scout requirement (I'm not kidding) and I saved half of the $50 I intended to earn. So I will buy the prizes with $25 (and maybe a bit more) to spend. I hope I can buy some Takara Tomy Blades, but we'll see on the costs and stuff like that. I'm planning to get 3 Blades (one for each place). First place gets first pick, and so on. But if we get more people, I will increase the prizes! If you have prizes (preferably new), please contact me. I'm gonna leave the prizes a mystery, though...

EDIT: I have bought all 3 prizes. We don't really need any more. Grin

Fee: There is no fee to get into the park, but there is a fee for the WBO. The fee is $5, unless you have a Blader's Passport (free admission). If you say you have one, I will personally check for it, so don't lie!

PROMO CARDS: A lot of you guys said that you need some more info on these. Well, Promo Cards are WBO official card that you can pass on to other bladers that don't know about the WBO! Check out this thread if you want a full description: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Prom...ution-done.[/i] If you want some, tell me you guys' address, city,a and state in which you live. Then, I'll tell the Area Representative to send me few more so I can send some to you guys!

Other Info: First, tell your Bladin' friends about this epic tourney. If they don't have an account, show them how to make one, or have them make one at the tourney. Bring jacket, please! It will be cold (it is a cold war). If you bring a stadium, it may be good if you bring a large blanket to cushion beys that get knocked out of the arena. I am just a dude wanting to bring some Beyblade epicness to Austin during the winter break. Last time, we had an uber time, but couldn't share it with others because we only had 8 people. Let's make it REALLY GOOD! As in like, good enough to be better then good. Never mind.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Poll: Do you guys want some Promo Cards to recruit Austin Bladers?

Yes!
53.33%
No
13.33%
Need more info on them first...
33.33%
Total: 100% 15 vote(s)
(Dec. 31, 2011  5:32 AM)JAM20100511 Wrote: Hey, guys! Hope everyone had a blast at the tourney! Here's a list of people who actually showed up:
- JAM20100511

Wait, is that a joke ?
Oops. I accidentally pressed "Enter" and I only got in myself. LOL! I was waiting to see someone's expression...
Chapow! HERE ARE THE RESULTS FOR THE TOURNAMENT:

- We ended up having 5 people per block since some "Possible" attendees showed up.
- The wins/losses are counted not for each round, but for a whole BeyBattle.
- Last, the results are written in chronilogical order.

Block A:
TylerK: 2 wins, 2 losses
Beyblader51: 0 wins, 4 losses
JAM20100511: 3 wins, 1 loss
Justustify: 4 wins, 0 losses
EBdrummer: 1 win, 3 losses

Block A winner (moving on to finals): Justustify!

Block B:
CoreyBeymaster: 4 wins, 0 losses
Reggie Yi: 1 win, 3 losses (used a Stalling Clause against LDragoRush48)
LDragoRush48: 1 win, 3 losses
clawna365: 1 win, 3 losses
clix98: 3 wins, 1 loss

Block B winner (moving on to finals): CoreyBeymaster!

Block C:
BeymasterNWB: 0 wins, 4 losses (1 Reshoot used against TheGuyAboveYou)
1Keatonc (formerly manpro10): 1 win, 3 losses
Angeloman217: 3 wins, 1 loss
TheGuyAboveYou: 2 wins, 2 losses
Beymaster78: 4 wins, 0 losses

Block C winner (moving on to finals): Beymaster78!

FINALS...[/u]
CoreyBeymaster: 2 wins, 0 losses
Beymaster78: 0 wins, 2 losses
Justustify: 1 win, 1 loss

First: CoreyBeymaster (We'll be sending you the RBV7 soon)
Second: Justustify (Did a piece fall off of your 3 Segment Grip?)
Third: Beymaster78 (You've got 2nd, then 3rd.... Next, shoot for 1st!)

THANK YOU, EVERYONE, FOR COMING! I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD TIME, AND I LOOK FORWARD TO THE NEXT AUSTIN TOURNAMENT! ALSO, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR FREE FROSTY FROM WENDY'S!
This tournament has been processed. We are getting very close to the present now.