Attention Organizers: New WBO OP Tournament Results Spreadsheet Template

I just made several formatting adjustments to clean up the spreadsheet, and also added in sheets for HMS and Plastics winning combos for when they are needed. Obviously, whenever you use this you would only have to fill out the Winning Combos sheet that applies to your tournament. You can delete the others when you submit the results.

View & Download the Updated Version Here
To download: File -> Download As -> Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
ATTENTION ALL ORGANIZERS:

Starting from this point forward for any future tournaments (or outstanding tournaments) we would like for hosts to post links to the submitted results templates in their respective tournament threads in the Official Events forum (while also PMing them to us so we know they are ready). This will make it easier for us to a) track them down if we need to review them later and b) allow for the attendees from your tournament and the community at large to review and correct any errors before it gets processed. The more eyes we have on the results before we spend the time to process them, the better! This was already in the rules, but we never really enforced it until now.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

View & Download Template Here
I cannot got the complete spreadsheet when i try to download it.
(May. 25, 2015  3:58 AM)loyd87 Wrote: I cannot got the complete spreadsheet when i try to download it.

What does it say exactly? Others have been able to download it. Did you try "File -> Download As -> Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)"? You should also be able to make a copy and move it to your own Google Drive as well, I believe.
i didnt have google drive. I have tryed right click - save as and I put the extend .xlsx and I have only the first page. I will try another thing.

Edit: I try the other way and it works finaly hah sorry for the inconvenient.

2.Edit:

I got the google drive with my gmail. didnt know that i have it hah so its now on my google drive and I juste post the link on the tournament page.

Also did i send it to someone in special?! or I could just send it to Kai-V?!
(May. 25, 2015  3:40 PM)loyd87 Wrote: Also did i send it to someone in special?! or I could just send it to Kai-V?!

You can just PM the link to Kai-V and myself as well.
all right I will send you two the link by PM today!

Just made a quick update to this template. I added a "City" and "Location" field on the main Tournament Information & Participants sheet ... not sure why it wasn't there before. The reason for this is so that it will be easier to separate each tournament in the BP System by location and hopefully allow for the rankings to be filterable by region.

If you have already submitted results using the template don't worry about going back to edit them if you have sent them to me already; I'll go back and add in the location information myself.

For future tournaments though, please download the updated spreadsheet below:

edit: Just changed "City" to "State/Province" instead.
what you mean by country name. the province or the entire country name? ex: Province: Québec. Country: Canada.
(May. 31, 2015  12:44 AM)loyd87 Wrote: what you mean by country name. the province or the entire country name? ex: Province: Québec. Country: Canada.

I meant the actual country name. And you know what, I guess it's probably better to just go by Province/State and Country. I've updated it. For example, I was just thinking about Toronto as a city since that is where my community is active, but I guess it makes more sense to divide things in general by State/Province and Country rather than City and Country. So your example would be correct for your community.

With the conclusion of the first Burst Format event today in Toronto, I've made an update to the template to include a new sheet for Burst Format Winning Combos.

Please download and use the updated spreadsheet below for future and outstanding results submissions (even if they are not Burst Format):

(Aug. 03, 2015  6:40 AM)Kei Wrote: ATTENTION ALL ORGANIZERS:

With the conclusion of the first Burst Format event today in Toronto, I've made an update to the template to include a new sheet for Burst Format Winning Combos.

Please download and use the updated spreadsheet below for future and outstanding results submissions (even if they are not Burst Format):

Thanks for linking me in this- this helps since (hopefully) I plan on doing a Burst event either later this month or next month.

Now that most of my regulars are almost done with their jobs and stuff, it'll be easier to get an event going again.
Kei I finally had some free time on my hands and further automated the submission spreadsheet like we'd talked about. All in all it should cut down the time it takes to do one of them by about 5 minutes. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByIs86b...sp=sharing
Kei Have you had a chance to look at it?
Hey Time! Thanks a lot. Would you mind outlining precisely what changes you made? I think the best way to test whether it's an improvement or not would be to have someone try it out themselves with a real tournament. Mitsu, maybe you could try it for the next Toronto tournament that you're hosting? Or any other organizer reading this who has a tournament they need to re-submit using the spreadsheet? If anyone wants to give it a try, just post here and let us know how it goes.
(Sep. 02, 2015  10:57 PM)Time Wrote: @[Kei] I finally had some free time on my hands and further automated the submission spreadsheet like we'd talked about. All in all it should cut down the time it takes to do one of them by about 5 minutes. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByIs86b...sp=sharing

May I ask what changes were made?
Was it just some = to copy stuff down the line?
Just wondering...
Sorry, missed this, the big thing was automating it so any piece of information that was going to be entered more than once now only has to be entered once. Other than that, mostly clerical things, like merging a lot of the example prompts into the headers so that no one got confused as to whether or not they were supposed to enter data over them and adding notes about how to do things most efficiently.

Kei Manicben
Has anyone tried the updated spreadsheet yet?
I have used it for Royal Rumble tournament at MTL and it work pretty well.
Just wanted to say I used Time's spreadsheet for FROSTY LAYERS AND ICY BOTTOMS, it was very clean, and it auto generated a LOT which was very helpful.
Is the spreadsheet considered to be the results or do we have to submit the results separately?
(Nov. 29, 2015  8:01 PM)BUYORDIE! Wrote: Is the spreadsheet considered to be the results or do we have to submit the results separately?

Results are actually required to be submitted in the format of the spreadsheet, so you definitely only need to be submit it all once, hah.
(Nov. 29, 2015  8:34 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2015  8:01 PM)BUYORDIE! Wrote: Is the spreadsheet considered to be the results or do we have to submit the results separately?

Results are actually required to be submitted in the format of the spreadsheet, so you definitely only need to be submit it all once, hah.
I submitted mine as an excel document. Is that alrigh?
(Nov. 29, 2015  8:51 PM)BUYORDIE! Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2015  8:34 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

I'm pretty sure it has to be in the exact format of the spreadsheet, if it is, then I think it would be fine.
(Nov. 29, 2015  9:07 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2015  8:51 PM)BUYORDIE! Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2015  8:34 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Results are actually required to be submitted in the format of the spreadsheet, so you definitely only need to be submit it all once, hah.

I'm pretty sure it has to be in the exact format of the spreadsheet, if it is, then I think it would be fine.
Alright that's what I did. Thank you.