Are we giving Defense any justice?

its really hard to use, just work on the launch
stupid xf lol
I actually think I have it down.
Basically acts very much like Gattyaki at the very beginning.,* mind if I make a testing thread later, when my parts come? I swear I am calling it the heat-seeking missile of MFB. I think you know why too.

*tilting and banking it properly propels it to the middle, but as XF is so volatile, more often than not it will boomerang back knocking edges, walls but successfully multi-hitting most combos into submission.
Hm, it is hard.

Anyways:

MF-H Earth Bull 85WB vs. Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100XF
Standard Testing Procedures
BB

MF-H Earth Bull 85WB vs. Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 90XF
BB

Yeah, so pretty much what Dan's results were. Gibraltor, your tests will be up soon.
Thanks! Can't wait to see them!
Yeah, but do comparative tests please.
I only bring it up now because most are unsure of the usual results obtained by 85WB (Straight, regular defense shot) against Lightning LDrago ____ XF.

Edit: try your best to slide/bank/tilt 230RSF, just to make it relevant.
(Feb. 08, 2011  1:44 AM)Dan Wrote: I actually think I have it down.
Basically acts very much like Gattyaki at the very beginning.,* mind if I make a testing thread later, when my parts come? I swear I am calling it the heat-seeking missile of MFB. I think you know why too.

*tilting and banking it properly propels it to the middle, but as XF is so volatile, more often than not it will boomerang back knocking edges, walls but successfully multi-hitting most combos into submission.

yeah this is pretty much exactly right.
haha, good. I think I'll use this at the up coming tournament, mind PM'ing me advice on what to do? I have only been using this for like 3 or 4 days..
Sorry, I can't do comparing between 85WB and 230RSF right now.

MF-H Earth Bull 230RSF vs. MF Lightning L Drago 145R2F
Banking Both

MF-H Earth Bull 230RSF vs. MF Meteo L Drago (Barrage Mode) 145R2F
BB

As I had guessed before, The L Dragos would do well against 230RSF, since RSF is weak against the Left-Spinners.
Haha noo:
Compare 85WB with my shot to standard shot.
O.o

Okay! Hopefully my shot is somewhat close to yours. I put my launcher about a foot high, tilt it, and launch. It actually banks better. However, I'm afraid of holes popping in.
Hmmmm not the results I was hoping for. What was the movement patterns on the both of them exactly?
RSF moved a little bit slower than a speed an of RF, but moved in sort of a four-way flower pattern. R2F makes the normal flower pattern.

However, I do not think it is the movement pattern that necessarily make the difference. Once Lightning made contact with 230, it got knocked out pretty hard, as 230 would slow down, making it easier to hit for Lightning. My RSF is very worn.

For Meteo L Drago, it destabilized RSF a lot. It likes to push it out to the tornado ridge, and Meteo would knock it out from their. RSF is horrible against left-spinners, so for me, these results were assumed. However, they did better than expected, as I thought Meteo and Lightning would have 80-100% test scores.
Ah ya see I was hoping that it would move around faster. Perhaps put a lighter wheel on it to not weigh it down as such. Going for technique over top-tier for this concept Smile
I sort of would have appreciated this going to PM's, but whatever.
In reference to 'holes popping up' because of the launch technique, I can assure it will not happen. I launch it like 8-10cm above the wall. Though I suggest not moon shooting with Metal Flat, haha.
However, putting a lighter wheel would probably make it worse, as there would be more contact.

I understand the whole technique concept, but I don't thing going faster to evade attacks would make it any better.
(Feb. 07, 2011  3:10 AM)Dan Wrote: Okay, you guys are sort of taking this into and evasion tactic, but if you saw what I saw, it moving, but still takes numerous hard hits, even making Lightning LDrago bounce/Knock itself out. I am not saying we should make them move and do their best to not be hit.
I shot the defensive bey, making it more versatile and capable than usual.
Unless you were responding specifically to Gibraltors combo test results..
Ah, I was talking to Gibraltor.

Sorry for clogging up the thread; I see your reasoning behind this.
Well anyway, I won't be able to do tests for a day or so but I would appreciate more from other users..
I'm necro'ing this thread as it seems a lot of people are using various tips for defense types which seem to get good results, which basically revolves around how the 'defensive' bey moves, which can alter the way it takes hits from attack types and perhaps even defeat a few Stamina types. So be it launch technique or what tip you use, post results of some strange 'anomalies'. I still really think that launching a defense type different ways for different situations is a seriously good idea. I too can test combinations/parts so please request.
(Apr. 19, 2011  8:10 PM)Dan Wrote: I'm necro'ing this thread as it seems a lot of people are using various tips for defense types which seem to get good results, which basically revolves around how the 'defensive' bey moves, which can alter the way it takes hits from attack types and perhaps even defeat a few Stamina types. So be it launch technique or what tip you use, post results of some strange 'anomalies'. I still really think that launching a defense type different ways for different situations is a seriously good idea. I too can test combinations/parts so please request.

Could you compare banking/Sliding Shoot CS with regular launched CS?