[April 2017 - Kai-V Joins the Brawl] Wizard's Beigoma Blog

(Jun. 10, 2017  10:55 AM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  4:56 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Overall though, the Beyblade throwing is a lot less organic and that connection is severed. It does make sense that Takara probably wanted to just making launching accessible to all with little to no practice hah.

And yet the anime has always gone out of its way to depict full body, organic launch techniques as the pinnacle of competitive play.

Totally, but I think they understood after Bakuten Shoot Beyblade that it makes no sense for the Beyblade to come forward if both arms moved outward/to the sides hahah. 

Even stood up, with those stadium stands TAKARA-TOMY's official events have, you cannot afford as much movement as in beigoma. You litterally have to just solidify your legs and one of your arms.
Any idea why that would be? The stadia aren't that different in size, from the looks of it, and some of the tips are quite similar too.
Just curious because I know you're right but not why.
(Jun. 10, 2017  5:12 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Any idea why that would be? The stadia aren't that different in size, from the looks of it, and some of the tips are quite similar too.
Just curious because I know you're right but not why.

I think a beigoma stadium is a little bigger, but the size is pretty close. Think of some of the larger beyblade stadiums, that's what I would compare it to. But of course it's dependent completely upon the size of the bucket you use.

My guess would be because of the launchers and possibly the grips. You have to hold them over the stadium to get your beyblade to land inside if it, because when you pull the winder the top falls straight down.  In beigoma it's a little different, you throw it and then it spins off the chord. If you do it directly above the stadium it will go over it and land on the ground so you have to use the space next to the stadium to your advantage. This is kind of hard to explain, but I've got a photo of it in action right here. But in Beyblade you just angle your launcher to get a good banked shot. If you try that in beigoma your top will likely spin on its side and fly out of the stadium. If you're lucky and it stays in the stadium, it will lose it's stamina quickly.

You need to use your launch to your advantage, it's hard to get a good angle. You need a good speed, a good angle so you don't lose stamina so fast from the side scraping, and you need to get it into the ring without it bouncing out. I guess through these factors it basically led to various people having a throwing style that's like something out of an anime.

[Image: p5gFPW3.jpg]

Edit:

Alright, I found an image that illustrates what Kai-V was talking about. If you look at the person on the left, they keep their feet anchored in one spot while they throw. This is similar to what you see in beyblade, and this is also how I usually throw. But if you look at the person on the right side, you can see the motion in the image. She's taking steps and putting movement into her launch like something you'd see out of an anime. There's another woman in the club who anchors her feet and then barrels her arms before throwing like something out if a kung-fu movie or some kind of JoJo pose but I don't have a photo or video of that.

[Image: oy7hn8pl.jpg]
Damn, seeing that picture, I think my bucket is really not low enough... I want to practice to be really good in events next time hah.
anyone know what kind of cloth is used for the stadium? It looks to be canvas of something.
(Jun. 11, 2017  11:15 PM)mechahate Wrote: anyone know what kind of cloth is used for the stadium? It looks to be canvas of something.

I can't say for sure what kind of cloth it is, but I have some and it feels like canvas. It has a very similar texture. It's pretty thick though. I saw some cloth at an art store recently that I thought felt very similar, and thinking about it now it might have been canvas.