Anybody here skateboard?

(Aug. 03, 2011  11:44 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Maybe he wants to know the brand :\ If they're red, then they're probably Bones Reds. But that's only because most people use those.

I used to have some Enuff ABEC 7s... They where red, but now I upgraded to Bones Redz and they don't have a ABEC 5 IIRC...

Bearings usually say their brand name on the casing cover (where you also find the ABEC Number) Wink
Pfffff, you kids with new school Cool try GFH Boards , its an replica of the old school skateboards. 3 inch trunks, 24 inch board, and slalom longboard style wheels 66mm ftw. Too much fun and cruising down hill beats the new ones when its so difficult to master and the wheels are wack.I dont whats up with you kids nowadays "( V_V)". Old school FTW! In fact this made me wanna go skate in my neighborhood downhill tomorrow morning Tongue_out
haha, thats a street surfer/downhill board, lol, I'm used to more vert lol, thats the reason for my deck choice
I would get it for cruising, but I like street better Tongue_out
My uncle's giving me his old board, so I figured I'd try it out along with my longboarding hah. Not suer on the specifics, but the parts are pretty decent, indy trucks.
BUMP! I am getting an element helium deck for x-mas. I just learned how to shove it!
http://www.facebook.com/EqualityLongboards?fref=ts

This is a friend of mines company. They make costume boards and all of the profits go to feeding an orphan in Africa for a month. His boards he makes are crazy sweet!!!
Guys
, i skate for 3 and a half years ,,but i must say that people here in greece aren't so enthusiastic about skate ,but skate for me and my fellowskaters has become a part of our lives.
If anyone wants yo learn things about skate or need help ,please ask me i will be very happy to help you.Stupid
I might get a skateboard from zoomies this febuary or summer. When I was in New Jersey for summer, I almost had all my old tricks down.
I learned how to do an ollie on my board. I haven't completed it yet, but my friends are going to teach me and how to do a kickflip.
(Dec. 09, 2012  12:13 AM)bj3rdd Wrote: I learned how to do an ollie on my board. I haven't completed it yet, but my friends are going to teach me and how to do a kickflip.

I've only nailed one kickflip in my entire life.
I just learned how to skate a month ago, and i already want a Penny Skateboard. (Austrilian) The only trick im able to nail is an ollie, by 2 inches off the ground..
Edit: I just got a Nickel Skateboard for 110 bucks... (the nickel is the bigger size board)
I actually skated when I was younger. I couldnt really do any tricks I was just riding along. I think I still have that skateboard but I rather prefer biking.
Hi everyone today i would like to ask something relating to your topic which is that I need a skateboard with good pop, a good shape and good design , and a good flip. I am street skater, but I go on ramps sometimes. What brand of skateboard should I get?
(Jan. 01, 2013  7:51 AM)Jackson0 Wrote: Hi everyone today i would like to ask something relating to your topic which is that I need a skateboard with good pop, a good shape and good design , and a good flip. I am street skater, but I go on ramps sometimes. What brand of skateboard should I get?

My noobiness in skateboarding is appealingly odd.
Does anybody know how to grind on a curb? Every time I try to do it, I'm on the floor.
i used to. i never got very good at it, but i still skated hardcore like as often as i could and for as long as i could
absolutely loved it & it was my life.

i got pretty part/brand loyal

jessup grip. i would always either stencil paint a design or take a sticker and cut around its outline and set it down into the grip. customization has has been like my lifes passion
ZERO boards. i liked to buy quality yet cheap mooseblanks from tgm skateboards on ebay. then id custom paint them with stencils and whatnot. it felt pretty cool to shred on a board with graphics nobody else in the world owned ....and then destroy them
WI & Destructo risers. i liked to get a riser pad that was soft because it translated into a reduction of pressure cracks
i really liked cheap as f**k core and frontage trucks i could get on ebay for 10 bucks a set. they had a cheap price and generic name but their quality was top of the line. i skated a couple sets of titan ti-lites but got tired of them for their terrible turning abilities due to hard bushings & a lack of compatibility with other brands of bushings. i had a set of independents s8's that were too heavy and a set of kre-pers plus a set of destructos. i liked them all. my destructos were solid white. stopped using them because of how dirty they got and how bad it upset my ocd
flip hkd wheels. 52mm ..i think 99a durometer. my most favorite wheels out of all the many wheels i skated. i had a black set and a clear red set. clear red was my fav. i had lots of wheels. cheap generic wheels that were too soft, wheels that came off wallyboards that were almost completely terrible but barely acceptable for actual skating, pigwheels that yellowed that i hated, i had a set of blind lifetakers. hated them hard. theyd get gravel impacted into them and get flat spots with ease. my second set of wheels was a nearly rectangular set of clear red bones or powells. i cant remember the exact name. had a set of those hollow element featherlights too. the first set of wheels id ever owned was a set of red 54mm wheels that i have no clue of brand, but they said f**kin rocks on the sides and they had a very very hard durometer that made rolling across gravel or rough pavement more like immediately slowing to a stop no matter how fast you were rolling
good wheels though, kinda indestructable. i was very particular about the shapes of the wheels as well. hated those thinner rectangular styles. another reason why flip hkd's were my favorites
bones bearings. accept no subsitutes. if you dont skate bones START TO. i swore by zero black widow abec 7's til i went to purchase my 3rd or 4th set of them for yet another board build and they were out of stock on ccs. thought i was settling on a cheaper set of red bones which ended up NOT being the case. best bearings i ever skated. bought a second set and then eventually splurged on a set of super swiss 6's that were on sale
i really liked self locking randoms hardware too. i had a set of skulls and a set of pentagrams. on one of my more recent last board set ups i was skating til skating faded from my life i had the skulls and pentagrams on the same board. extra bling. had a set of red monkey nuts on one of my two last boards too
and on some of my last boards i used yatz slip tape. at the time a revolutionary and awesome functioning product that saved your cool graphics at the same time. though i hated how if it got too damaged in a spot it would bubble off your board in a permanently deformed lump or ripple. it worked perfectly for board slides, but on the nose and tail all it did was get over damaged and peel. i should have only had it applied under the trucks and cut it so that it didnt extend to the nose and tails. it made trying to drop in like perching dangerously on slippery ice

i still have most of my skate stuff in good condition
(Feb. 20, 2009  5:18 PM)Blitz Wrote: Guessing its real life as his PS3 broke >.> (unlucky about that btw)
& I tried it once and I could hardly even stand up on the board, I guess I have really bad balance. But would be cool if I actually could skateboard.
Ya
lol I have one but I cant use it because i stink :derp:
A necro bump?? Yes! Anyways, I sincerely doubt anyone else skates here, but I'm learning how to kickflip. I landed it... With one foot. After I fell on my butt. I'm getting there though.
I did for a while. I wasn't all that good... But I do ride to school some times...
Well my friends just got me into it and I suck pretty hard. But that's probobly because my board is too small. I got it in second grade. Pinching_eyes_2 so I'm having my friend give me his deck and then I'm buying some grip tape. I'm thinking spitfire Galaxy print. And trucks. What kinds are good?