[Answered]  Who is Beyblade for?

Today while doing some freelance work I thought about possibly looking for/designing grown up Beyblades. As in a battle tops game that is not aimed at children. I know its been done before like last years Silver Shell: Combat Tops. But then it made me ask the question. Who is Beyblade for? Sure its aimed at kids but I know alot of us aren't kids anymore and we still like collecting them. I'm personally 18 and I still enjoy it. I like the concept, it's background and how you can customize it. But It's not something I feel I can talk about with my friends because its aimed at kids.

Also, what if there was something similar to Beyblade aimed at older people? Any opinion on that?
I don't know if this needs it's own thread, it might be better for Random Thoughts.

There isn't a separate Beyblade for adults. I'm 35. I've come to accept that the stuff I find cool, like Beyblades, don't have adult focused counterparts (an album by Rush) because adults are boring and bogus. Too much responsibility and vice, not enough fun.

Beyblade is aimed at children because that's where the money is: toys and anime. Although adults are the ones with the ready sources of disposable income, most of them aren't distracted by shiny combat tops that burst apart unless they're having a mid-life crisis, like me. And most aren't impulsive enough to sink large amounts of money into the hobby.
Something you should always remember is that, although many games including Beyblade are directed towards kids, the only way to bring them to their full potential is by growing up alongside them. Not only do you gain arm strength, but you're able to understand why certain parts are good for specific types of combos, but bad for other types.
(Mar. 06, 2019  12:48 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Something you should always remember is that, although many games including Beyblade are directed towards kids, the only way to bring them to their full potential is by growing up alongside them. Not only do you gain arm strength, but you're able to understand why certain parts are good for specific types of combos, but bad for other types.

I can see that actually seeing how I'm still into it and I basically grew up with them