[Answered]  What’s up with my Reboot driver?

I’ve finally gotten the chance to purchase Genesis Valtryek, but I think something is wrong with the driver. Whenever I put it together and lock it, the actual lock itself is really loose. I’ve tried giving it the Extreme and Jaggy drivers, and both of them lock just fine. Do i just have a bad Reboot driver? Can it be fixed, or do I need to buy another?
Check the spring on the driver
(Dec. 07, 2018  10:27 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Check the spring on the driver

Uh... I don’t know how to take the thing apart. Is there a tutorial someplace?
(Dec. 07, 2018  10:42 PM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2018  10:27 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Check the spring on the driver

Uh... I don’t know how to take the thing apart. Is there a tutorial someplace?

You don’t need to take it apart to check the spring. Just put your fingers on the two little white tabs and push down to test the spring and compare it to your other drivers.
(Dec. 07, 2018  11:56 PM)brandbrick Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2018  10:42 PM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote: Uh... I don’t know how to take the thing apart. Is there a tutorial someplace?

You don’t need to take it apart to check the spring. Just put your fingers on the two little white tabs and push down to test the spring and compare it to your other drivers.

Yeah, they feel a little weaker.
(Dec. 08, 2018  12:24 AM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2018  11:56 PM)brandbrick Wrote: You don’t need to take it apart to check the spring. Just put your fingers on the two little white tabs and push down to test the spring and compare it to your other drivers.

Yeah, they feel a little weaker.

Yeah, my reboot is slightly weaker as well. This might just be a problem with certain molds.
(Dec. 08, 2018  12:51 AM)Brainofcthulu Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2018  12:24 AM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote: Yeah, they feel a little weaker.

Yeah, my reboot is slightly weaker as well. This might just be a problem with certain molds.

So I can’t really do much about it? In that case, I’m hoping the mold for that gold-ish Genesis Valtryek isn’t like this
(Dec. 08, 2018  12:56 AM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2018  12:51 AM)Brainofcthulu Wrote: Yeah, my reboot is slightly weaker as well. This might just be a problem with certain molds.

So I can’t really do much about it? In that case, I’m hoping the mold for that gold-ish Genesis Valtryek isn’t like this

It might be on purpose, since not every spring has the same strength.
(Dec. 08, 2018  1:00 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2018  12:56 AM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote: So I can’t really do much about it? In that case, I’m hoping the mold for that gold-ish Genesis Valtryek isn’t like this

It might be on purpose, since not every spring has the same strength.

Wait, so there’s no fix then?
(Dec. 08, 2018  3:51 AM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2018  1:00 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It might be on purpose, since not every spring has the same strength.

Wait, so there’s no fix then?

Nope not unless you replace the spring which is super hard
(Dec. 08, 2018  4:01 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2018  3:51 AM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote: Wait, so there’s no fix then?

and make it ILLEGAL !
(Dec. 08, 2018  4:04 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2018  4:01 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Nope not unless you replace the spring which is super hard
and make it ILLEGAL !

Only for competitive play
(Dec. 08, 2018  4:01 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2018  3:51 AM)HyperSonicRacer Wrote: Wait, so there’s no fix then?

Darn... Well, thanks for letting me know.
All hasbro reboots are awful, that’s just a fact. The made the spring weaker because they wanted to balance the bey.