[Answered]  Testing with/out frames

I got a theoretical question... maybe someone with experience in testing beys may help me.

Does it make a difference if I test layers with or without frames attached to the discs?

Example: I test, let's say, W3.7C.At vs C3.7C.At.

Will the result be the same as if I test W3.7.At vs C3.7.At (omitting the frame for convenience)?

Assuming I do very much iterations of course.

I think that a benefit in weight or a synergy with the driver would work on both combos, so it should balance out even.

Am I right? I ask because I wanna sort out frames for testing, if it doesnt make a difference anyways. Thank you.
It depends on the frame if you added dagger to 0 it would make a decent difference than without but something like proof to 0 makes almost 0 difference. You must take into account some frames like wall scrape a lot so it would be a significant change in performance. Frames also add a bit of weight to help with the beyblades performance in battle

Overall it depends on the frame added to the forge disk and the beyblade itself (as it can change attack patterns depending on the frame) so i would test it with the frames
Thank You. You are right, for attack type layers vs. stamina layers I would use a frame, too, cause of the extra weight.

But my question aimed more at stamina testing. I think if You test stamina layers with identical disc and driver, putting identical frames on them wont make a difference.

So I will leave them out, though I got 2 pairs of Cross, Glaive, Wall.
If the combo you are testing is intended to be used with a frame, then it will make a difference. How big of a difference? I don't know. But from my experience, adding a frame adds a bit of balance and precession to most if not all combos.

But if the combo is not supposed to have a frame, then go ahead.
(Jan. 30, 2020  11:44 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote: If the combo you are testing is intended to be used with a frame, then it will make a difference. How big of a difference? I don't know. But from my experience, adding a frame adds a bit of balance and precession to most if not all combos.

But if the combo is not supposed to have a frame, then go ahead.

Most of the time, Stamina Drivers with low height tend to be used with only Disks to minimize scrape and unnecessary stamina loss, especially on same-spin matches. Taller Stamina Drivers like Bearing and Rise go best with low-hanging/lowered center of gravity Frames like Wall/Turn/Proof/etc

For attack types, normally you'd have Frames that increase overall weight (like Bump) and/or gives more focused contact points (like Hit/Dagger) for damaging your opponents; the choice becomes a bit more complex especially when using Drivers with different materials for their tips. Unless you're using tornado stalling or LAD-infused attack Beys, you'd be best off using the most aggressive-looking Frames like Bump/Turn/Dagger/Under, etc to maximize your attack output.

For defense types, it's the same principle as above, except you look for Frames that minimize/line up the contact points with your Layer's (similarly like Bump), and try to get the Frames that can handle attacks and still not screw up your meager stamina (like Cross/Glaive/Star).

Keep in mind that while some Frames function and have the same effect regardless of spin direction, you'll have to note that some of them perform better at one direction than their default set especially due to their intrinsic design. 

Take Glaive for example: it kinda sucks on right spin since it will have less stamina caused by glaring sickle-like contact points, but excels on left spin since the shape is more aerodynamic and smooth. Another good example is Turn, which is coincidentally a reversible Frame that is more useful with the Defense mode on the corresponding spin direction rather than its Attack mode.

tl;dr, yes, Frames still make a difference in the same way Disks (Forge, Core, GT) have an effect on the Bey's overall performance. Testing is the best way to validate if you want to believe that Frames don't add too much to a Bey's maximum potential.
I read Your entire post and thank You for the Infos. For my stamina tests I will use Your hints, like not using frames for lower drivers and using low-hanging frames for higher driver and will add some experiments.

I realize again, frames are a complex topic (that's because I wanted to leave them away entirely).