[Answered]  Putting clear coats on Beyblades

Is it competitively legal for us to put clear coats on our energy layer to avoid the stickers from peeling off?
Just a little swab of clear coat on top of the stickers.
(Jun. 22, 2019  9:11 PM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: Is it competitively legal for us to put clear coats on our energy layer to avoid the stickers from peeling off?

Sadly, yes. I think it's because it adds the slightest bit of weight on the bey and counts as an illegal modification.
(Jun. 22, 2019  9:13 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  9:11 PM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: Is it competitively legal for us to put clear coats on our energy layer to avoid the stickers from peeling off?

Sadly, yes. I think it's because it adds the slightest bit of weight on the bey and counts as an illegal modification.

checked and mine doesnt even add up on the weight. i'm using something like a nail polish style clear coat instead of the can spray.
when i checked on the wbba website it only says putting things on these parts here are illegal :

[Image: 160713_un_img01.png]
[Image: 160713_un_img02.png]
[Image: 160713_un_img03.png]
[Image: 160713_un_img04.png]
(Jun. 23, 2019  12:47 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  9:13 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Sadly, yes. I think it's because it adds the slightest bit of weight on the bey and counts as an illegal modification.

checked and mine doesnt even add up on the weight. i'm using something like a nail polish style clear coat instead of the can spray.
when i checked on the wbba website it only says putting things on these parts here are illegal :

I don't know much more than what I posted. I wouldn't put it on for now and wait for someone else to reply to this thread.
(Jun. 23, 2019  12:51 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  12:47 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: checked and mine doesnt even add up on the weight. i'm using something like a nail polish style clear coat instead of the can spray.

I don't know much more than what I posted. I wouldn't put it on for now and wait for someone else to reply to this thread.

That post may not show all the illegal possibilities,
As I’m almost certain that you cant put anything on the tip of the driver... it doesn’t show that mod
(Jun. 23, 2019  1:23 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  12:51 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I don't know much more than what I posted. I wouldn't put it on for now and wait for someone else to reply to this thread.

That post may not show all the illegal possibilities,
As I’m almost certain that you cant put anything on the tip of the driver...  it doesn’t show that mod

I have talked to Manicben and Sam that host the events near you and  Manicben said this "Id rather get the opinion of Kai-V or Kei. If that's true, they should add it to the rulebookI" so I PM kai-V and it's all good this is what Kai-V said "clear nail polish has been legal in all of Beyblade's history. I do wonder if even a thin layer does not change the impacts, but clear nail polish is legal." it should be all good now SGF though ask Ben next time at an event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xZSGTJDoc&t=15s

Would be great if we could get some clarification from Organizers.
Not to mention that most competitive Bladers don't apply the stickers on their Layers since the said stickers will just be damaged or worse ripped to shreds during matches. If you want to preserve the stickers on the Beys for picture-taking or displaying, then you just shouldn't use them for tournaments (aka buy more copies to preserve the pristine look of the Beys you want to keep undamaged)
(Jun. 23, 2019  1:30 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  1:23 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote: That post may not show all the illegal possibilities,
As I’m almost certain that you cant put anything on the tip of the driver...  it doesn’t show that mod

I have talked to Manicben and Sam that host the events near you and  Manicben said this "Id rather get the opinion of Kai-V or Kei. If that's true, they should add it to the rulebookI" so I PM kai-V and it's all good this is what Kai-V said "clear nail polish has been legal in all of Beyblade's history. I do wonder if even a thin layer does not change the impacts, but clear nail polish is legal." it should be all good now SGF though ask Ben next time at an event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xZSGTJDoc&t=15s

I didn't know that!
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  1:30 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: I have talked to Manicben and Sam that host the events near you and  Manicben said this "Id rather get the opinion of Kai-V or Kei. If that's true, they should add it to the rulebookI" so I PM kai-V and it's all good this is what Kai-V said "clear nail polish has been legal in all of Beyblade's history. I do wonder if even a thin layer does not change the impacts, but clear nail polish is legal." it should be all good now SGF though ask Ben next time at an event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xZSGTJDoc&t=15s

I didn't know that!

It's also stated in WBO Organizer's Guide that minimal usage on the decals is okay Grin
  • Verify that parts have not been tampered with. Any foreign substance applied to a Beyblade part other than those explicitly outlined in our rulebooks (for Burst Format specifically, minimal nail polish for stickers, minimal pen/marker for marking parts, or official stickers in their proper spots as defined by TAKARA-TOMY are permitted. See other rulebooks for additional format-specific rulings.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gDJ8...mqv3k/edit
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:46 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I didn't know that!

It's also stated in WBO Organizer's Guide that minimal usage on the decals is okay Grin
  • Verify that parts have not been tampered with. Any foreign substance applied to a Beyblade part other than those explicitly outlined in our rulebooks (for Burst Format specifically, minimal nail polish for stickers, minimal pen/marker for marking parts, or official stickers in their proper spots as defined by TAKARA-TOMY are permitted. See other rulebooks for additional format-specific rulings.

I didn't see that. Wow, I'm dumb.
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:49 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:46 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote: It's also stated in WBO Organizer's Guide that minimal usage on the decals is okay Grin

I didn't see that. Wow, I'm dumb.

No you're not bro. We are all learning all the time Smile
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:50 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:49 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I didn't see that. Wow, I'm dumb.

No you're not bro. We are all learning all the time Smile

That's a good way to put it. Smile
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:52 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2019  2:50 AM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:  No you're not bro. We are all learning all the time Smile

That's a good way to put it. Smile

Now everyone knows its possible haha.
It actually is legal. As it say's in the WBO Burst format Rule Book : Applying Nail Polish to Stickers: Applying a thin coat of clear nail polish to protect the stickers of your Beyblade for aesthetic purposes is permitted. However, if a judge determines you have applied a copious amount of nail polish to the point where it might significantly impact the weight of your Beyblade, you will be obligated to switch out the part for another version of the same part with no nail polish applied. If you cannot, you will be given a match loss.