[Answered]  Please help an old Wolf learn new tricks

Hey everyone. First of all I hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not please feel free to move it.
So, as I mentioned in my... long introduction to myself: I've been out of Beyblading for a LONG time and have only recently come back in. I was wondering if any of my fellow Londoners out there could let me know of some places where I can actually buy Beyblades, preferably in South West London? Nowhere I've been to seems to sell them, seems almost non-existent. The only modern Beyblade I own at the moment is the Takara Tomy Xeno Xcalibur.M.I, which I got off of Amazon. Yes, Amazon is obviously still an option, but it would be nice to know if there's somewhere I can go to buy stuff rather than waiting for it to be delivered.
Yes, I am aware that this would mean buying the Hasbro products rather than Takara, but that's not a big deal to me. I just really want to get back into the spirit of buying different models of Beyblade and seeing what combinations work, that sort of thing. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated. If there is nowhere then I will rely on Amazon (though I'll wait until Christmas is over) for it, but it doesn't hurt to ask right?  :D
Hi there. Sorry to see you're getting ignored. Are you looking for which beyblades to buy?
I think Target or Walmart could work if you want Hasbeys
If you want the latest Japanese original burst beys i recommend those sites they mentioned earlier as that's probably what you'd want if you're coming back. Also...

Welcome back!
(Dec. 17, 2018  10:33 PM)Armor Wrote: Hi there. Sorry to see you're getting ignored. Are you looking for which beyblades to buy?

Heheh, no worries. Happens nearly every time I join a forum Tongue_out
Well that's also something I need help with: Understanding the current meta. Knowing what parts from what Blades people are currently using. I believe it's the Burst series that everyone's playing right now, correct? I'm basically a total noob coming back in, XD

(Dec. 18, 2018  12:32 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: I think Target or Walmart could work if you want Hasbeys

We don't have those in London I'm afraid.

(Dec. 17, 2018  10:53 PM)brandbrick Wrote: eBay and Zen market are good.

Thanks for the tip, though I am aware there are a lot of fake Beyblades being sold on eBay... not that I... fell for it initially or anything... I... shut up! XD
I'll be sure to check out Zen Market though.

(Dec. 18, 2018  1:41 AM)Bersilus Wrote: If you want the latest Japanese original burst beys i recommend those sites they mentioned earlier as that's probably what you'd want if you're coming back. Also...

Welcome back!

Heheh, thank you very much. I suppose online buying is the way to go here in the UK. Then again my sister lives in Japan so she could always send me over some, XD

It's interesting to be back actually; seeing how much the game has changed while I've been gone. Last time I was around it was still all about Tyson, Kenny, Kai, Max and Ray... Yeah, I'm an old timer Tongue_out. It was the same when I got back into Yui-Gi-Oh, I was like "Synchro?! XYZ?! Pendulum?! Links?! What is this gibberish?!" only in this case it's "What is this 'Bursting' you speak of?" XD. But just like with Yu-Gi-Oh, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it over time. I've always been a quick learner Grin
Alright, got you famerino:

Now to give context

Burst is the third generation of Beyblade, it is split up into 4 different series, each with different ideas. Initially, there were single layers, small, lightweight, they were to ease people into the concept of Burst. This concept was that the beyblades can separate when hit with enough force to unlock their locking mechanisms, known as teeth. Then came dual-layers, which were generally just evolutions of Single Layers, but with an extra layer. Fun fact, the first left spin AND first Burst Beyblade with metal was introduced in this season. Next came 'God' layers, with the arrival of God layers, beyblades generally improved in weight and bursting became less of a thing. The mainstay thing with God layers was their 'God Ability', basically each Beyblade had a gimmick that TT(the maker of Beyblade) would try to sell to you, these gimmicks didn't always work tho. Now, we have 'Cho-Z' beyblades, these are like God beyblades, even with their own 'Cho-Z Ability', but now all beyblades have some form of metal on them.

This is a basic overview of the history and what Burst is. I could also try to explain the competitive scene, but that would make this post too long...
Hope I helped!
(Dec. 21, 2018  12:41 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Alright, got you famerino:

Now to give context

Burst is the third generation of Beyblade, it is split up into 4 different series, each with different ideas. Initially, there were single layers, small, lightweight, they were to ease people into the concept of Burst. This concept was that the beyblades can separate when hit with enough force to unlock their locking mechanisms, known as teeth. Then came dual-layers, which were generally just evolutions of Single Layers, but with an extra layer. Fun fact, the first left spin AND first Burst Beyblade with metal was introduced in this season. Next came 'God' layers, with the arrival of God layers, beyblades generally improved in weight and bursting became less of a thing. The mainstay thing with God layers was their 'God Ability', basically each Beyblade had a gimmick that TT(the maker of Beyblade) would try to sell to you, these gimmicks didn't always work tho. Now, we have 'Cho-Z' beyblades, these are like God beyblades, even with their own 'Cho-Z Ability', but now all beyblades have some form of metal on them.

This is a basic overview of the history and what Burst is. I could also try to explain the competitive scene, but that would make this post too long...
Hope I helped!

Helps tremendously! Thanks so much! This is what I needed to know. Seems like there's a lot to learn, but overtime I'm sure I'll get to grips with it. Thank you so much for your help Grin