[Answered]  Hurricane and Ratchet discs

Hi guys, according to the most recent tournament reports these discs weren't used at all (basically, only Kei's LC pP Rt U combo is the only one i've seen in winning combos' list). What's wrong with them? I mean, maybe it's too soon for judging but still. I can see Hurricane letting down a right spin combo it's used with (despite its free-spinning ring), could be better in left spin though. Ratchet is clearly made for left spinning beys, i think this may be a limit.
Just 2 words on Drake disc: it looks pretty interesting, it could work well with 2 points attack layers like Cho-z Achilles and Dead Hades. Oh, and Zwei Longinus of course.
Thanks, have a nice day!
Not sure about hurricane, but ratchet is quite viable. Better than 00wall for nearly all mirror bearing matches and better vs 00 wall for some opposite spin bearing combos too.
Can confirm that Ratchet works well for bearing combos. Its weight is also decent at around 28 grams, making it not too light compared to 0 Wall (also around 28g) or 00Wall (around 29g)

Hurricane has great LAD in left spin, although it kinda depends on parts variation (more free spinning = more LAD). I think it kinda suffers from low weight though. Mine is only around 25 grams.

Drake disc.. I haven't received mine, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Seeing my friend use it, I'm not sure I would like it that much. The shape makes it scrape extremely easily, and using it on an attack bey which requires a banking launch makes the scraping risk worse. Its weight is also a bit disappointing. IIRC its around 25 to 26 grams with no option to attach a frame.
Hurricane is quite nice for countering left spins when using a right spin Bey. I use it with Dead Hades (with Level Chip) and Destroy'. Not very consistent, but can smash through Sr and czS on 00W/Rt.Br. It can also have some fight against hS on Destroy/Xt+/Br, but it may depend on the launches.

Sting I use with Dread Bahamut on Atomic, with the logic of using the Bound gimmick to increase spin absorption especially vs low Attackers.

Blitz is married to my czV on Ultimate Reboot both for aesthetics as well as attack and LAD potential
Is it that crazy to compare 7 and 10? I mean, 7 is a good replacement if one doesn't have 10? I don't know if the wikia page of 7 has to be updated or not, but it says: "while 10 (and 0) may be a bit heavier, they don't have its same level of stamina".
True or not?
(Jul. 08, 2019  7:50 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Is it that crazy to compare 7 and 10? I mean, 7 is a good replacement if one doesn't have 10? I don't know if the wikia page of 7 has to be updated or not, but it says: "while 10 (and 0) may be a bit heavier, they don't have its same level of stamina".
True or not?

From experience, 7 is preferable for Balance-type combos and does have some weight and considerable balance between OWD and CWD. 10 is basically a heavier 8/8' with more OWD and is suitable for Attack (though has increased Burst Risk compared to 7). In the current meta, I think 7 is considered outclassed with the introduction of 00, which means that most of the time the competitive Core Disks revolve around 0, 10, 00, all depending on what your combo needs as well as the Frames that you will also use.

Back then during the Single and Dual Layer era, Heavy, Yell, Knuckle/Gravity were some of the most used Forge Disks mainly due to either weight/LAD.
(Jul. 08, 2019  8:55 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2019  7:50 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Is it that crazy to compare 7 and 10? I mean, 7 is a good replacement if one doesn't have 10? I don't know if the wikia page of 7 has to be updated or not, but it says: "while 10 (and 0) may be a bit heavier, they don't have its same level of stamina".
True or not?

From experience, 7 is preferable for Balance-type combos and does have some weight and considerable balance between OWD and CWD. 10 is basically a heavier 8/8' with more OWD and is suitable for Attack (though has increased Burst Risk compared to 7). In the current meta, I think 7 is considered outclassed with the introduction of 00, which means that most of the time the competitive Core Disks revolve around 0, 10, 00, all depending on what your combo needs as well as the Frames that you will also use.

Back then during the Single and Dual Layer era, Heavy, Yell, Knuckle/Gravity were some of the most used Forge Disks mainly due to either weight/LAD.

Hi Rouzuke! Really glad to hear that. Thanks for the info ?