[Answered]  Hand spins

Was just wondering if hand spins will be legal with drain fafnir in ranked or unranked events? I just got it and thought it would awesome to be able to handspin in events! :)
Unless the instruction sheet says you can then you have to use a launcher
First of all, Drain Fafnir isn't handspin-worthy like Meteo L-Drago. Just try it out, you'd be really disappointed when it fails to spin steal even vanilla Z2IW. Second, I heavily doubt that handspinning is legal in tournaments. The best you could do is weak launch Drain Fafnir, which you can do so with the proto-launcher that comes with dF.
Spinning Drain Fafnir or any other Burst top by hand is illegal.
Well, can't​ you just launch at hand spin speed using launcher?

I'm pretty sure effect would be the sameSmile
(May. 21, 2017  4:32 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Well, can't​ you just launch at hand spin speed using launcher?

You mean heavy launcherSmile
(May. 21, 2017  5:15 AM)Ninja Blader Wrote:
(May. 21, 2017  4:32 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Well, can't you just launch at hand spin speed using launcher?

You mean heavy launcherSmile

Not really, you can do it basicly with any launcher. Weak launching.

I have some videos of last tournament, where I launched a left spin to hand spin speed by String Launcher. Though it's of MFB, but pretty sure you can do samw with Burst too
(May. 21, 2017  3:31 AM)Bastillon Wrote: First of all, Drain Fafnir isn't handspin-worthy like Meteo L-Drago. Just try it out, you'd be really disappointed when it fails to spin steal even vanilla Z2IW. Second, I heavily doubt that handspinning is legal in tournaments. The best you could do is weak launch Drain Fafnir, which you can do so with the proto-launcher that comes with dF.

I have to disagree with you handspinning with Drain Fafnir works great for me.
(May. 21, 2017  1:47 PM)Mr.Turtle Wrote:
(May. 21, 2017  3:31 AM)Bastillon Wrote: First of all, Drain Fafnir isn't handspin-worthy like Meteo L-Drago. Just try it out, you'd be really disappointed when it fails to spin steal even vanilla Z2IW. Second, I heavily doubt that handspinning is legal in tournaments. The best you could do is weak launch Drain Fafnir, which you can do so with the proto-launcher that comes with dF.

I have to disagree with you handspinning with Drain Fafnir works great for me.
My point is, dF isn't up to Meteo L-Drago level of spin-stealing, and it ends up being a 50-50 most of the time, making the whole thing more luck-based than actually assembling and utilizing effective combos. It's better than L2, sure, but still not as good due to the stupid little plastic notches right in front of the rubber, which pushes the opposing bey away, making it much harder for dF to spin-steal than it needs to be.
Left spin burst beyblades spin steal the easiest when launched at a medium pace.