[Answered]  Drivers that can be awakened

So I came across the knowledge that some drivers can be "awakened" with large amounts of launches. If I'm understanding the concept correctly, the awakening process pretty much changes the way the driver reacts due to the wearing on the drivers tip? (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that). Besides Volcanic, which other drivers can be "awakened"? Can all rubber tip drivers be "awakened"? I dont want to try to awaken something that will not especially since the process is so time consuming.

I also see some layer based can be awakened (Imperial according to a post). If anyone has come across others that can be please list those as well. Thanks guys.
(Mar. 17, 2020  8:34 PM)MajestiqMike Wrote: So I came across the knowledge that some drivers can be "awakened" with large amounts of launches. If I'm understanding the concept correctly, the awakening process pretty much changes the way the driver reacts due to the wearing on the drivers tip? (Please correct me if I'm wrong on that). Besides Volcanic, which other drivers can be "awakened"? Can all rubber tip drivers be "awakened"? I dont want to try to awaken something that will not especially since the process is so time consuming.

I also see some layer based can be awakened (Imperial according to a post). If anyone has come across others that can be please list those as well. Thanks guys.

Variable, Variable', Hold, Hold', Volcanic, Volcanic', and Evolution are the most well known awakening Drivers. Technically, any driver whose main point of contact with the ground is free-spinning can be "awakened." All rubber Drivers change shape over time, but most of them just get slower. Keep, Keep', and βite get flatter over time, which can make them more aggressive and harder to KO. Unite, Unite', Merge, and Merge' wear down over time to be harder to KO, presumably because the rubber edges get rounder, making them less aggressive, while the plastic nub gets a bit shorter in order to expose the rubber more.
Thanks for the info. Really good stuff and the added knowledge about the rubber drivers was definitely needed. Going to have to limit some of my rubber tips or invest in duplicates.
My survive s got worn down so much that first the sharp part became a semi flat then the tab to change to slingshock mode broke and is locked in a “sharp” position and finally the spring broke
Does anyone know how to awaken the rise driver
(Feb. 13, 2022  9:25 PM)Doubledealer Wrote: Does anyone know how to awaken the rise driver

Honestly I dont think there is a way, unless you bring a sheet of sand paper to it. i do not recommend that though. it may turn out uneven and you prolly can find a driver that fits what you want the rise driver to be.
(Feb. 13, 2022  9:25 PM)Doubledealer Wrote: Does anyone know how to awaken the rise driver

Just use it a lot until it starts to become a semi-flat shape. Or if you have the Mugen stadium, I hear it is pretty good at awakening things.
I would get the mugen stadium if it wasn’t so expensive
(Feb. 21, 2022  8:21 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:

Just use it a lot until it starts to become a semi-flat shape. Or if you have the Mugen stadium, I hear it is pretty good at awakening things.
*Sigh* I wish had one, as my Savior took a while to awaken via Rage so I took my deadly 12 disc and used the blades to slice them off.
I have the Mugen stadium
Well I just awoken my rise driver by shaving the tip in the centre of the driver