[Answered]  Counters to hS 0/7 Cross/Glaive/Bump/Lift Bearing

I was thinking about bL 7 Orbit, but it was too slow. I tried nL Glaive Jolt (sliding shoot), but it burst easily. I tried bL 7 Jolt (sliding shoot). It usually wins by burst, or rarely, stadium out. Is there any good counters I’m missing? Or is my bL combo sufficient. It needs to fit in a deck with aH (level chip) 10 Et, and hS 0B Br.

P.S. I don’t have X’ but I do have Xt+.
Most people just use bL.7U.O it's not supposed to be fast, it's a stationary attacker
I don’t have Under.
then use something heavy
Is Vortex fine?
(Nov. 04, 2018  8:32 PM)HyperBey123 Wrote: Is Vortex fine?

Preferably no, anything heavier? literally anything heavier will do, even Glaive or Cross
I have Glaive and Cross
(Nov. 04, 2018  10:38 PM)HyperBey123 Wrote: I have Glaive and Cross

Not to sound rude, but you didn't have to tell me that, just an 'ok' would've been fine.

Anyway, it's your choice because either one works in this situation (Left-Spin)
(Nov. 04, 2018  6:53 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Most people just use bL.7U.O it's not supposed to be fast, it's a stationary attacker
Or bL on Jl...it works well for me , but since its a mobile attacker...you have too be consistent with the sliding shoot.
What other frames do you have available? Use any attack frame: Vortex, Reach, Under, Star, Meteor, or Bump. Bump is preferable.
Hi it's me RED NINJA 0829 from the Crash tournament (the person who helped you find out who beymax was) i would prefer using a good Right spin layer aH, Sr (right) on 0C.Xt+ (stamina) and if your opponent is a noob and launches very hard then mid/soft launch
I have an idea that might not work well, but what if you used Winning Valkyrie 3/7 Vortex Xtend+ with a medium or soft launch?
i’m not going to mention a specific combo

but imo the best way to deal with hS Br is to go for the knock out

that means you need a really heavy right spin attack combo

conventional tactics dictate going for the burst against same spinning Br, but trying to burst hS is low percentage success

right spin Sr on Br is another option, but only if your opponent launches hS very hard
Maybe Revive Phoenix 7 Cross Destroy' could do okay against hS...
I think Mack the Burst might go with hK .7B.Ds' to knock it out or burst it
(Nov. 05, 2018  4:44 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’m not going to mention a specific combo

conventional tactics dictate going for the burst  against same spinning Br, but trying to burst hS is low percentage success

right spin Sr on Br is another option, but only if your opponent launches hS very hard
Will dH on X' be able to KO hS 0B Br.?
(Nov. 05, 2018  4:55 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2018  4:44 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’m not going to mention a specific combo

conventional tactics dictate going for the burst  against same spinning Br, but trying to burst hS is low percentage success

Will dH on X' be able to KO hS 0B Br.?

Possibly
(Nov. 05, 2018  4:56 AM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2018  4:55 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Will dH on X' be able to KO hS 0B Br.?

Possibly
Alot of Asian youtubers were successful with dH on X'...they were KOing hS 0C Xt+ , but it was usually one battle.
(Nov. 05, 2018  4:40 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I have an idea that might not work well, but what if you used Winning Valkyrie 3/7 Vortex Xtend+ with a medium or soft launch?

Why 3? seems kinda random, with 0, 7, and 10 dominating the meta game.
(Nov. 06, 2018  4:55 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2018  4:40 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I have an idea that might not work well, but what if you used Winning Valkyrie 3/7 Vortex Xtend+ with a medium or soft launch?

Why 3? seems kinda random, with 0, 7, and 10 dominating the meta game.

Well, 3 is a disc focused on CWD, which is good for Attack combos and decent for pure Defense combos. Plus, no one ever uses it and I like the design
There's 4 competitive counters to hS Bearing that I can think of off the top of my head.
  • bL.5G.W (my personal favorite, but most stationary setups should work) as a Burst Attacker - I find this to be way more consistent than the KO Attack variant because there's less of a chance of losing because you mess up your launch, and the opponent must launch hS hard in order to outspin making it easier to burst. I hear Atomic is also used in the UK which allows it to outspin hS Br sometimes (as well as some right spin things).
  • bL.8G.Jl/X/X' - this is more focused on KOing hS Br, and it also performs better vs hS.At and right spin stuff than stationary bL does but at the risk of your opponent weak launching and being more difficult to control.
  • hS.7G.At - This combo will outspin hS Br pretty consistently because Atomic will destabilize Bearing.
  • aH.??.Xt+ - Not sure which frames work best on it yet (or if it's better with just 7/5/8/10 without a frame) but Xt+ has been shown to outspin Br in opposite spin so you should have a solid chance even if your Disk choice is a little less than optimal.
(Nov. 06, 2018  12:30 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2018  4:55 AM)Armor Wrote: Why 3? seems kinda random, with 0, 7, and 10 dominating the meta game.

Well, 3 is a disc focused on CWD, which is good for Attack combos and decent for pure Defense combos. Plus, no one ever uses it and I like the design

I thought 0 had CWD?

(Nov. 07, 2018  12:34 AM)Wombat Wrote: There's 4 competitive counters to hS Bearing that I can think of off the top of my head.
  •  bL.5G.W (my personal favorite, but most stationary setups should work) as a  Burst Attacker - I find this to be way more consistent than the KO Attack variant because there's less of a chance of losing because you mess up your launch, and the opponent must launch hS hard in order to outspin making it easier to burst. I hear Atomic is also used in the UK which allows it to outspin hS Br sometimes (as well as some right spin things).
  • bL.8G.Jl/X/X' - this is more focused on KOing hS Br, and it also performs better vs hS.At and right spin stuff than stationary bL does but at the risk of your opponent weak launching and being more difficult to control.
  • hS.7G.At - This combo will outspin hS Br pretty consistently because Atomic will destabilize Bearing.
  • aH.??.Xt+ - Not sure which frames work best on it yet (or if it's better with just 7/5/8/10 without a frame) but Xt+ has been shown to outspin Br in opposite spin so you should have a solid chance even if your Disk choice is a little less than optimal.

1. Is Weight really a good choice? I thought it was outclassed now. Aren't there better choices?
2. No comment, except this combo doesn't burst hS? I thought it would.
3. I thought Bearing was resistant to destabilization?
4. I'd say use without a frame, but that's just me.
(Nov. 07, 2018  8:44 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2018  12:30 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, 3 is a disc focused on CWD, which is good for Attack combos and decent for pure Defense combos. Plus, no one ever uses it and I like the design

I thought 0 had CWD?
 Yes, but 3 is has a lot more CWD.