[Answered]  Cho-z stationary combo: which driver?

Hi! I was testing some new combos, wV/0/Et for example. I made it face another wV/7v/Rb. I sadly failed, as the stationary combo bursted everytime it could. So i swapped the layer, wV out and sa in. It was amazing, never bursted! Very good balance, incredibly helpful shape, every hit of the wV combo got deflected by it. Now, it's pretty obvious that wV is not exactly round shaped but still disappointment thoughts got me thinking: is there anything i can do to help my stationary combo? Does Revolve have tighter springs than the ones of Eternal? At least i want it not to burst like a firework in every battle...
Thank you for reading.
(Oct. 20, 2018  5:47 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi! I was testing some new combos, wV/0/Et for example. I made it face another wV/7v/Rb. I sadly failed, as the stationary combo bursted everytime it could. So i swapped the layer, wV out and sa in. It was amazing, never bursted! Very good balance, incredibly helpful shape, every hit of the wV combo got deflected by it. Now, it's pretty obvious that wV is not exactly round shaped but still disappointment thoughts got me thinking: is there anything i can do to help my stationary combo? At least not to burst like a firework...
Thank you for reading.

What layer is sa again? Also, I recommend using friction or bite or something with rubber
(Oct. 20, 2018  6:04 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2018  5:47 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi! I was testing some new combos, wV/0/Et for example. I made it face another wV/7v/Rb. I sadly failed, as the stationary combo bursted everytime it could. So i swapped the layer, wV out and sa in. It was amazing, never bursted! Very good balance, incredibly helpful shape, every hit of the wV combo got deflected by it. Now, it's pretty obvious that wV is not exactly round shaped but still disappointment thoughts got me thinking: is there anything i can do to help my stationary combo? At least not to burst like a firework...
Thank you for reading.

What layer is sa again? Also, I recommend using friction or bite or something with rubber

It's Shadow Amaterios
(Oct. 20, 2018  6:36 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2018  6:04 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: What layer is sa again? Also, I recommend using friction or bite or something with rubber

It's Shadow Amaterios
Okay thanks. I recommend a rubber driver like bite or friction
(Oct. 20, 2018  6:36 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2018  6:04 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: What layer is sa again? Also, I recommend using friction or bite or something with rubber

It's Shadow Amaterios, and no rubber driver cause more friction to the stadium would make the problem even worse.
(Oct. 20, 2018  6:38 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2018  6:36 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: It's Shadow Amaterios, and no rubber driver cause more friction to the stadium would make the problem even worse.

Use friction then
Have you tried hS and aH ?
(Oct. 21, 2018  4:43 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: Have you tried hS and aH ?

Hi Chips! Yeah, but i'd like to find a competitive use for my wV. Stuff like Xtreme, Xtreme', Jolt (i have all of those) is unfortunately useless right now. Destroy' has come out in rbv12, just like zephir'. Rubber tip drivers have no chance at all currently, their horrible stamina would make the battles even more one-sided. By the way, i know why my stationary combo bursted all the time yesterday. Reboot gains 2mm in height circa when it kicks in, so if we think that Eternal is already slightly shorter than the standard drivers it's easy to see that opponents' disc and frame hit my combo right on the layer. Infact, when i swapped reboot for destroy wV/7v/Ds kept losing to my wV/0/Et combo by Survivor finishes.
(Oct. 21, 2018  11:19 AM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2018  4:43 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: Have you tried hS and aH ?

Hi Chips! Yeah, but i'd like to find a competitive use for my wV. Stuff like Xtreme, Xtreme', Jolt (i have all of those) is unfortunately useless right now. Destroy' has come out in rbv12, just like zephir'. Rubber tip drivers have no chance at all currently, their horrible stamina would make the battles even more one-sided. By the way, i know why my stationary combo bursted all the time yesterday. Reboot gains 2mm in height circa when it kicks in, so if we think that Eternal is already slightly shorter than the standard drivers it's easy to see that opponents' disc and frame hit my combo right on the layer. Infact, when i swapped reboot for destroy wV/7v/Ds kept losing to my wV/0/Et combo by Survivor finishes.

Use wv0 orbit,it can burst ah et
I have a fun combo that isn't completely stationary

wV.10P.Ab is interesting, but idk how to keep it still with just a launch yet so I'm going to get a level chip soon to test that.

To give a real answer, you could use Revolve in place of Eternal and use a frame like Cross, Bump, or Proof. In fact, you could try out Bump on the existing wV.0.Et and see how it is. But if you want a taller driver to help with the disc-layer contact wall of your Rb combo, you may want to try a taller driver... Revolve is similar to Eternal as well...
LC wV
0/7/10
Dagger/Hit/Reach
Yard

max power launch
(Oct. 22, 2018  3:27 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: LC wV
0/7/10
Dagger/Hit/Reach
Yard

max power launch

If you don't mind me asking, what in specific makes those frames prime for this type of combo?
(Oct. 22, 2018  3:35 AM)DaJetsnake Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2018  3:27 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: LC wV
0/7/10
Dagger/Hit/Reach
Yard

max power launch

If you don't mind me asking, what in specific makes those frames prime for this type of combo?

yard has a little movement to start the match

during this movement, it’s not uncommon to come across a scenario where your bey is decending towards center, and is struck by your opponent who is ascending from center. 

these frames have a decent chance at producing large recoil in this scenario. 

you’ll see the kind of KOs that rock the stadium
Hi guys! Spent more than a hour yesterday for tests. Well, the fact is that wV/7/Et is awesome! Put it against another wV with 7/Ds-Jl-X-Yd. First combo won most of the matches by Outspin, Et is great. Burst resistance is high thanks to vW teeth and 7 disc. I launched the combos in casual order, that's what happened:
wV/7/Et- 1 Burst finish, 1 ko finish, countless survivor finishes.
wV/7/several drivers- 1 Burst finish, 1 ko finish
1 double burst
 The rest of the matches was won by Eternal, basically. Anyway, wV should always be an opponent test bey. Best attack layer of course, and the high burst resistance lets you use every driver you want to use. Teeth don't skip easily, even when using a weak springs driver.

(Oct. 22, 2018  3:21 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I have a fun combo that isn't completely stationary

wV.10P.Ab is interesting, but idk how to keep it still with just a launch yet so I'm going to get a level chip soon to test that.

To give a real answer, you could use Revolve in place of Eternal and use a frame like Cross, Bump, or Proof. In fact, you could try out Bump on the existing wV.0.Et and see how it is. But if you want a taller driver to help with the disc-layer contact wall of your Rb combo, you may want to try a taller driver... Revolve is similar to Eternal as well...

Dang, absorb is a crazy driver! You're right it can work for having fun as volcanic, in my opinion it's useless for a bey like geist fafnir. Revolve is one of my favorites, i'll buy a rising ragnaruk for 10 bucks and see how it performs :)

Sorry guys, am i the only one who noticed that 0 disc make a combo much more prone to bursting than 7? Shouldn't it be the exact opposite? 0 has more IWD, 7 more OWD.