[Answered]  Can somebody explain to me what upper attack is?

Okay so I know what upper attack looks like on a layer such as lS, and I know that it's a very good form of attack. But the problem is, I don't know how it exactly works. Can somebody please explain?
(Sep. 22, 2017  11:36 PM)Zycratic Wrote: Okay so I know what upper attack looks like on a layer such as lS, and I know that it's a very good form of attack. But the problem is, I don't know how it exactly works. Can somebody please explain?

It lifts the opponent’s Beyblade and puts them off balance making them lose stamina quickly. It’s a a popular form of attack because it’s almost impossible to defend against.
(Sep. 22, 2017  11:37 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2017  11:36 PM)Zycratic Wrote: Okay so I know what upper attack looks like on a layer such as lS, and I know that it's a very good form of attack. But the problem is, I don't know how it exactly works. Can somebody please explain?

It lifts the opponent’s Beyblade and puts them off balance making them lose stamina quickly. It’s a a popular form of attack because it’s almost impossible to defend against.

Okay, thanks for the explanation!
It hits under the bey knocking the bey off balance causing scraping in most cases to extensively drain stamina. I mean that's what I always thought it was.
My understanding is that Upper Attack is when your bey has ramp-like slopes that can lift the opposing bey into the air. It generally has less impact on your bey's recoil, yields more stability, and allows you to have more spin retention.

It's different from Upper Smash, which is where you have sharp or blunt protrusions on the top of your bey that forcefully collide into the opposing bey. It deals more damage and has more power but comes with more recoil to your own bey. It's similar to Smash Attack but with it's main attack points on top.  

There can be overlap between having both Upper Attack and Upper Smash.

Upper Attack Diagram
[Image: Upper.jpg]

The beyblade wiki has a bunch more information about beyblade terminology that can be helpful! Be sure to search there!
(Sep. 22, 2017  11:37 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:

Acutally it can't be resisisted by using shape which make it hard for bey to get to lift it (SA165 is a example. Not sure how to explain). Else increased weight is also good way to resist that type of attack better.

Edit:- adding to what all said: it was more of a thing in plastics then other genaration due to lower impact (not sure how to mention) of plastic compared to metal, it was possible to make larger contact point = larger slopes + lower weight made it more effective then any other gen. it was also present in other gen, esspecially HMS (where upper attacker dominates. Though I can't explain why as I don't own any) but was not as effective as plastics. Closest thing you can find in MFB was Dragoon chrome wheel. I think D2 and S2 had pretty good upper attack but thats all I know as I don't have any newer burst.
lS has good upper attack, i use it to destabilize all of my combos.