[Answered]  Can a Digital Sword Launcher be repaired?

I think the gears are breaking on me. Is there any way it can be fixed? Are there replacement parts somewhere? I don’t wanna have to buy launcher after launcher.
Nope, that’s why no one wants to bother buying the Digital sword launchers in the first place.
you could take the gears out and see if you can ask a plastic fabrication company to make the gears for. or even get them made in metal to deal with the wear. but at that point it would probably just be cheaper to buy a new launcher.
(Apr. 10, 2019  6:14 AM)Kry Wrote: you could take the gears out and see if you can ask a plastic fabrication company to  make the gears for. or even get them made in metal to deal with the wear. but at that point it would probably just be cheaper to buy a new launcher.

We REALLY need something better than that. 3D printing? Though I don’t actually have that kind of hardware, so I can’t do it myself.
The gears break on purpose in order for everyone to buy another. Same strategy with the iPhone breakages.
Launchers break. If you take good care of them, they last longer. Once they break, they're not tournament legal, even if you fix them.

Don't stress over launchers. When they break, replace them. I don't know how much the digital sword launchers are, but if they're too expensive for very little gain and lifespan, buy other launchers. Apparently $28 on eBay. Buy other, better, cheaper launchers.

You really WANT an option better than replacing them, but that option isn't available.
(Apr. 11, 2019  7:55 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Launchers break. If you take good care of them, they last longer. Once they break, they're not tournament legal, even if you fix them.

Don't stress over launchers. When they break, replace them. I don't know how much the digital sword launchers are, but if they're too expensive for very little gain and lifespan, buy other launchers. Apparently $28 on eBay. Buy other, better, cheaper launchers.

You really WANT an option better than replacing them, but that option isn't available.

Doesn’t help that I think they were broken upon arrival. It was skipping literally right out of the box. So I just wasted $50?
If they were broken on arrival, try to return them. Not all launchers are going to work right, there's oddities in the manufacturing process and this one's just not working apparently.

May we recommend a better launcher like an LR Long Launcher? Cho-Z Achilles has a good one. If you want a good Long R launcher, there's the set that has the Xtend+ chip. And even the Hasbro string launchers are okay. Heck, even the Hasbro Sword Launcher is okay.

See if you can return this product before throwing a ton of money at a new launcher, and steer clear of the Digital Sword Launcher in the future.
(Apr. 11, 2019  10:50 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: If they were broken on arrival, try to return them. Not all launchers are going to work right, there's oddities in the manufacturing process and this one's just not working apparently.

May we recommend a better launcher like an LR Long Launcher? Cho-Z Achilles has a good one. If you want a good Long R launcher, there's the set that has the Xtend+ chip. And  even the Hasbro string launchers are okay. Heck, even the Hasbro Sword Launcher is okay.

See if you can return this product before throwing a ton of money at a new launcher, and steer clear of the Digital Sword Launcher in the future.

Might’ve waited too long to return it, actually. Know any launchers with comparable launch power, though? Cuz that’s why I got it in the first place.
If you want good launch power get the Phoenix Winder or the Hasbro Sword Launcher or a Long Launcher. Also you should mark this thread as Answered. The Answer is no, unless you feel confident opening it up and somehow being able to unskip your gears.
(Apr. 11, 2019  11:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: If you want good launch power get the Phoenix Winder or the Hasbro Sword Launcher or a Long Launcher. Also you should mark this thread as Answered. The Answer is no, unless you feel confident opening it up and somehow being able to unskip your gears.

Good point, though it’s more that two of the teeth are broken I think. Thanks for the answers, guys.
Wait, two of the teeth on the ripcord or on the internal gears?
(Apr. 12, 2019  2:20 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Wait, two of the teeth on the ripcord or on the internal gears?

On the gears themselves. Why do you ask?
Because a ripcord can be replaced.
(Apr. 12, 2019  7:22 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Because a ripcord can be replaced.

But the gears can’t. Wait, even if what I get is an exact replica of the original gears, the launcher won’t be legal after I repair it?