[Answered]  Burst Strategy Question, Same-Spin Match ups

In my last post, I asked the community how to deal with Spin Equalizing (Spin Steal) combos and I was very satisfied with the replies. Unfortunately I don't own the parts that that were included in the combos that you guys were talking about.

I have many questions but the main one is, what can you do to win against the same spin match ups ? Other than pulling the String/Winder harder than your opponent, is there anything else you can do ? 

My knowledge of competitive combos is small but these are examples.

Mirror match
  • Let's say we have 2 people using Perfect Phoenix 00 Xtend+ combo and both launch equally strong, are there any techniques one can use to increase their chances of winning?
  • 2 players both using Cho-Z Valkyrie 00 Xtreme', what can either of them do ? 
Different Combo
  • Cho-Z Spriggan(Left) 00W Bearing Vs Hell Salamander 00Bump Atomic/Bearing
  • Cho-Z Valkyrie 00 Xtreme' Vs Perfect Phoenix 00 Xtend+ What can Cho-Z Valkyrie do to knock out Phoenix and what can Phoenix do avoid getting knocked out by Valkyrie. 
(Feb. 28, 2019  6:13 AM)Rainy Sunset Wrote: In my last post, I asked the community how to deal with Spin Equalizing (Spin Steal) combos and I was very satisfied with the replies. Unfortunately I don't own the parts that that were included in the combos that you guys were talking about.

I have many questions but the main one is, what can you do to win against the same spin match ups ? Other than pulling the String/Winder harder than your opponent, is there anything else you can do ? 

My knowledge of competitive combos is small but these are examples.

*Suppresses internal raging at comic sans font*
In same-spin matches, you generally have a few strategies.
1) Simply launch harder than them and hope your bey lasts longer than theirs in terms of stamina
This is the most straightforward and commonly used tactic, especially if both combos have equal stamina potential. Be careful with self-KOs, as launching too hard will make your bey go crazy at times (especially with Atomic)

2) Launch aggressively and hope that you get a KO
You can use this in conjunction with (1), but launching aggressively usually means your bey will lose some stamina due to the angle. This is also quite hard to pull off, and may not be worth the risk depending on the matchup.

3) Launch really softly and let their bey incur a self-burst
This is a really unexpected strategy as the opponent will expect you to launch at full strength to win the stamina fight. The difference in spin velocity has a high chance of making the opponent's bey self-burst upon contact. However, this plan will fall flat on its face if the opponent launches moderately.
This strategy is more potent against beys with weak burst resistance, i.e any combo on Bearing.

(Feb. 28, 2019  6:13 AM)Rainy Sunset Wrote: Let's say we have 2 people using Perfect Phoenix 00 Xtend+ combo and both launch equally strong, are there any techniques one can use to increase their chances of winning?
In this particular matchup you'll definitely want to launch hard and play the stamina game. Xt+(Stamina) doesn't have much potential to KO the opponent no matter your launching style. This combo also has decent burst resistance, so don't count on the weak launch strategy.

(Feb. 28, 2019  6:13 AM)Rainy Sunset Wrote: 2 players both using Cho-Z Valkyrie 00 Xtreme'
, what can either of them do ? 
In this matchup you should definitely keep an eye out for a KO. Note where the opponent is trying to launch, and try to launch yours in a way that it will send the opponent into the pocket on the first contact. Otherwise, just launch as hard as you can and hope you win by spin-finish. Be careful not to self-KO from launching too hard.

(Feb. 28, 2019  6:13 AM)Rainy Sunset Wrote: Cho-Z Spriggan(Left) 00W Bearing Vs Hell Salamander 00Bump Atomic/Bearing
ChoS - launch as hard as you can to deploy your burst stoppers. You'll want to launch in the center pray that you don't get destabilized and cause Wall to scrape against the stadium and lose all your spin. Alternatively, hS is on Bearing, you can try strategy (3) and weak launch, and hope hS bursts itself.

hS - you have no choice but to launch hard too. Strategy (3) is pointless due to ChoS's burst stoppers. Try to launch aggressively and make ChoS tilt, and let the Wall frame do the rest of the work by scraping and killing itself.

(Feb. 28, 2019  6:13 AM)Rainy Sunset Wrote: Cho-Z Valkyrie 00 Xtreme' Vs Perfect Phoenix 00 Xtend+ What can Cho-Z Valkyrie do to knock out Phoenix and what can Phoenix do avoid getting knocked out by Valkyrie. 
ChoV - Do a sliding shoot and predict where pP will land. Try to aim it such that ChoV will contact pP near a pocket, and either burst or KO it. Honestly speaking, this is a really hard match for ChoV as pP has the armor to reduce the chance of bursting. Try aiming for a huge initial attack so that pP will burst even before losing the armor.
There are way more strategies and launch techniques (e.g Flower Pattern) that you can find in other threads/Youtube videos. I suggest you go look them up.

pP - Aim your launch in such a way that the ChoV player cannot predict where your bey is going to land. Can't really give any more advice here as its pretty straightforward - survive the initial attacks and you'll pretty much win.
While I agree with most of things KingSpin suggested. I will add some things to his reply and some of my own tips.

KingSpin Wrote:3) Launch really softly and let their bey incur a self-burst
This is a really unexpected strategy as the opponent will expect you to launch at full strength to win the stamina fight. The difference in spin velocity has a high chance of making the opponent's bey self-burst upon contact. However, this plan will fall flat on its face if the opponent launches moderately.
This strategy is more potent against beys with weak burst resistance, i.e any combo on Bearing.
Just make sure opponent how worn or agressive is your driver of opponent (worn Eternal or something or a semi agressive driver with high stamina. Like Atomic.). He can launch fast, move around stadium till your spin is ended. Also make sure which layer you're against. Some layers are hard enough to burst to resist hitting a slow spinning bey. Like eF, aH, etc.

Also do note one can also bank shoot a beyblade to make it spin/circle you while spinning on a angle. I do that with my D2 Yeilding (okay I know this combo doesn't sound good. But I found it to be quite good. I may do test with it someday). 

KingSpin Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2019  6:13 AM)RainySunset Wrote: 2 players both using Cho-Z Valkyrie 00 Xtreme'
, what can either of them do ? 
In this matchup you should definitely keep an eye out for a KO. Note where the opponent is trying to launch, and try to launch yours in a way that it will send the opponent into the pocket on the first contact. Otherwise, just launch as hard as you can and hope you win by spin-finish. Be careful not to self-KO from launching too hard.
Do note the condition of your bey and your opponent's. Especially Driver's condition. In case of Xtreme'. A really mint one which is harder and flatter than a worn. It will move around stadium much more but might have less grip. Which can cause it to get KOed bit more easily after taking hit as well but it will have extra speed to edge out Tornado Stalling a worn one. A more worn one will have a rounder, softer and lesser agressive tip. Which will have more friction. Increasing its KO defence and giving it bit harder hits. But at same time itsi more vulnerable to fast speed attackers.

If you have a mint one. Try getting a fast tornado stall. But make sure not to self KO like KingSpin said. What I do is when I need a perfect tornado stall. I launch to right side of stadium near tornado ridge at flat, straight angle. Make sure your hands are steady as well. Due to being closer to tornado ridge. You will also benefit from quicker acceleration

If you have a more worn out one. You can try banking the launcher backward to right side of stadium. And hope to push out a todnado stalling attacker out with flower pattern. Although give this try only if stalling doesn't work

RainySunSet Wrote:Cho-Z Spriggan(Left) 00W Bearing Vs Hell Salamander 00Bump Atomic/Bearing
It might sound very odd. But I would say launch only to speed where burst stoppers don't come out. Reason for that is I noticed Burst stopper hinders stamina of Cho Z Spriggan by too much. They cause recoil which don't damage opp opponent but rather just eat Spriggan's own stamina. When they aren't activated. I found it had better chance of OSing + you have advantage of stronger teeth. Being able to burst hS as well

Although in most cases hS would win. It has better stamina in all ways. Especially on Atomic where burst chances are even lower. 

Another thing you can do in same spin stamina is. Either launch from bit outer side of stadium. Not on torando ridge but bit outer. Sometimes if your opponent is in middle and it can be beneficial sometimes as different height slope has as you go outward or towards center. This way if you're higher than opponent. Gravity will further aid you in destabilization.

But it doesn't always is case. Sometimes you might want to be in middle or stadium. For example in pP 0B Xt+ vs aH 7P R. Bey which is in middle of stadiums seems to have better chance of winning. Of course speed matters as well. And some beys don't like to make contact with their upper part. Like A2. If it makes contact with upper part where those square blocks are. It will have more chance of bursting/double bursting against opponent. D2 for example. But if it contacts with lower part. It has no problems OSing opponent and even taking hits from powerful attacker there. Do note due to slopes of stadium. Attack types and beys which are outside part of stadium tends to make contact with beys in middle in a slightly tilted angle. Which is why being in middle matters in aH was pP combos I told above. If one is outside. It starts to circle around and get OSed

RainySunSet Wrote:Cho-Z Valkyrie 00 Xtreme' Vs Perfect Phoenix 00 Xtend+ What can Cho-Z Valkyrie do to knock out Phoenix and what can Phoenix do avoid getting knocked out by Valkyrie.
Sliding Shoot CZV like KingSpin said. If you're not getting consistent enough launch. Try launching at right side of stadium. While tilting forwards and backwards. Whichever works for you. You would want to make contact with core layer Directly from below to have highest chande of bursting it.

Against CZV. Bank shoot your pP from middle of stadium. Make sure Armour makes most contact. I would suggest adding a frame to prevent KO further. Dead Armour absorbs shocks really well. It will hold up the bey atleast till Valkyrie slows down enough that it can't do anything to core layer
(Mar. 03, 2019  1:49 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: While I agree with most of things KingSpin suggested. I will add some things to his reply and some of my own tips.

KingSpin Wrote:3) Launch really softly and let their bey incur a self-burst
Just make sure opponent how worn or agressive is your driver of opponent (worn Eternal or something or a semi agressive driver with high stamina. Like Atomic.). He can launch fast, move around stadium till your spin is ended. Also make sure which layer you're against. Some layers are hard enough to burst to resist hitting a slow spinning bey. Like eF, aH, etc.

Also do note one can also bank shoot a beyblade to make it spin/circle you while spinning on a angle. I do that with my D2 Yeilding (okay I know this combo doesn't sound good. But I found it to be quite good. I may do test with it someday). 

KingSpin Wrote:In this matchup you should definitely keep an eye out for a KO. Note where the opponent is trying to launch, and try to launch yours in a way that it will send the opponent into the pocket on the first contact. Otherwise, just launch as hard as you can and hope you win by spin-finish. Be careful not to self-KO from launching too hard.
Do note the condition of your bey and your opponent's. Especially Driver's condition. In case of Xtreme'. A really mint one which is harder and flatter than a worn. It will move around stadium much more but might have less grip. Which can cause it to get KOed bit more easily after taking hit as well but it will have extra speed to edge out Tornado Stalling a worn one. A more worn one will have a rounder, softer and lesser agressive tip. Which will have more friction. Increasing its KO defence and giving it bit harder hits. But at same time itsi more vulnerable to fast speed attackers.

If you have a mint one. Try getting a fast tornado stall. But make sure not to self KO like KingSpin said. What I do is when I need a perfect tornado stall. I launch to right side of stadium near tornado ridge at flat, straight angle. Make sure your hands are steady as well. Due to being closer to tornado ridge. You will also benefit from quicker acceleration

If you have a more worn out one. You can try banking the launcher backward to right side of stadium. And hope to push out a todnado stalling attacker out with flower pattern. Although give this try only if stalling doesn't work

RainySunSet Wrote:Cho-Z Spriggan(Left) 00W Bearing Vs Hell Salamander 00Bump Atomic/Bearing
It might sound very odd. But I would say launch only to speed where burst stoppers don't come out. Reason for that is I noticed Burst stopper hinders stamina of Cho Z Spriggan by too much. They cause recoil which don't damage opp opponent but rather just eat Spriggan's own stamina. When they aren't activated. I found it had better chance of OSing + you have advantage of stronger teeth. Being able to burst hS as well

Although in most cases hS would win. It has better stamina in all ways. Especially on Atomic where burst chances are even lower. 

Another thing you can do in same spin stamina is. Either launch from bit outer side of stadium. Not on torando ridge but bit outer. Sometimes if your opponent is in middle and it can be beneficial sometimes as different height slope has as you go outward or towards center. This way if you're higher than opponent. Gravity will further aid you in destabilization.

But it doesn't always is case. Sometimes you might want to be in middle or stadium. For example in pP 0B Xt+ vs aH 7P R. Bey which is in middle of stadiums seems to have better chance of winning. Of course speed matters as well. And some beys don't like to make contact with their upper part. Like A2. If it makes contact with upper part where those square blocks are. It will have more chance of bursting/double bursting against opponent. D2 for example. But if it contacts with lower part. It has no problems OSing opponent and even taking hits from powerful attacker there. Do note due to slopes of stadium. Attack types and beys which are outside part of stadium tends to make contact with beys in middle in a slightly tilted angle. Which is why being in middle matters in aH was pP combos I told above. If one is outside. It starts to circle around and get OSed

RainySunSet Wrote:Cho-Z Valkyrie 00 Xtreme' Vs Perfect Phoenix 00 Xtend+ What can Cho-Z Valkyrie do to knock out Phoenix and what can Phoenix do avoid getting knocked out by Valkyrie.
Sliding Shoot CZV like KingSpin said. If you're not getting consistent enough launch. Try launching at right side of stadium. While tilting forwards and backwards. Whichever works for you. You would want to make contact with core layer Directly from below to have highest chande of bursting it.

Against CZV. Bank shoot your pP from middle of stadium. Make sure Armour makes most contact. I would suggest adding a frame to prevent KO further. Dead Armour absorbs shocks really well. It will hold up the bey atleast till Valkyrie slows down enough that it can't do anything to core layer

Hey, thanks for sharing your insight. 
So, are you saying that a worn Eternal Driver has more Stamina than a mint one ? 

Does what you say about a worn Xtreme' Driver having more friction and such apply to all the other Rubber Tips like Evolution and Variable ? Evolution and Variable have spikes but after it's all gone and flatten out, it still has rubber, will that freshly worn Evolution/Variable have the same less grip like a mint Xtreme?

I don't quite understand what you mean by "Try launching at right side of stadium. While tilting forwards and backwards" When you say launching at the right side of the stadium, do you mean like having your launcher perpendicular to your opponent's launcher, instead of having it parallel ? Sorry I'm really bad at reading, I'm more of a visual type of person. Tilting forward and backwards can you explain more what that means I imagine you constantly tilting your launcher forward and backwards like playing the Maracas.