Anime/Manga Section

I've seen a few anime topics pop up in the Media forum, so I think it's time. There are still people here that watch anime, although some people here apall it. So what? The people are speaking...sort of.
Meh I like it the way it is now, but we'll see what Brad thinks
G Wrote:Meh I like it the way it is now, but we'll see what Brad thinks

That's what I was afraid of. The man abhors anime.
He doesn't hate it, per se. He just hates most of the fandom.
I don't hate anime, what the heck.

Also, your logic implies that because there is a "cooking" and a "favourite foods" topic, we should have a "culinary" forum.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't hate anime, what the heck.

Also, your logic implies that because there is a "cooking" and a "favourite foods" topic, we should have a "culinary" forum.

I don't mean anything of the sort. My logic implies we should have an Anime/Manga section. Plain and simple. It's a topic that can have many forums that would simply clutter a Media section (Personally, I think including both music and movies/television all in the same topic could lead to some disorganization, but that's just me).

I've counted at least four or five anime-related topics in the the Media section, unless you don't count Avatar anime as it was made in America. I think that sort of merits something. And by the way, sorry for the mix-up. I've always thought of you and Artie as the ones that usually dispise anime around here. Guess I misread some posts, then. We all make mistakes, eh Mr. Zainith?
The "Mr. Zainith" comment was pretty uncalled for, I didn't accuse you of anything, I just said I didn't hate anime. :\

And no, I don't count Avatar. Why would I count Avatar? The forum seems to be working fine as it is ... I'm not sure I understand the prerogative to make a new forum. Seriously, tell me why you think it will help things.
Tamer Brad Wrote:The "Mr. Zainith" comment was pretty uncalled for, I didn't accuse you of anything, I just said I didn't hate anime. :\

And no, I don't count Avatar. Why would I count Avatar? The forum seems to be working fine as it is ... I'm not sure I understand the prerogative to make a new forum. Seriously, tell me why you think it will help things.

Organization of the board is the only real arguement I have for this. But whatever you say goes. Being the peon I am, I'm not here to debate it >_>

Meh, the whole Zainith thing, I was on defense. Let's just say I don't just certain people.
But is it really unorganized? Everything seems pretty organized to me. 4 or 5 topics doesn't really justify a new forum ... otherwise, a Japanese Music forum is practically obligatory.
Tamer Brad Wrote:But is it really unorganized? Everything seems pretty organized to me. 4 or 5 topics doesn't really justify a new forum ... otherwise, a Japanese Music forum is practically obligatory.

Well, not a Japanese Music category. That's taking it too far. Seperate music and film/TV sections would be better in that case.
Katashi Wrote:

I don't mean anything of the sort. My logic implies we should have an Anime/Manga section. Plain and simple. It's a topic that can have many forums that would simply clutter a Media section (Personally, I think including both music and movies/television all in the same topic could lead to some disorganization, but that's just me).

I've counted at least four or five anime-related topics in the the Media section, unless you don't count Avatar anime as it was made in America. I think that sort of merits something. And by the way, sorry for the mix-up. I've always thought of you and Artie as the ones that usually dispise anime around here. Guess I misread some posts, then. We all make mistakes, eh Mr. Zainith?

It's me and Artie you're thinking of that despise anime. Wink

I agree. We really don't need another forum for this. Putting the 5 or so anime topics that have actually popped up into this new forum would disorganize things more than it would to leave them as they are.
Yeah, anime is really annoying. I don't hate ALL anime...but the vast, vast majority of it is just garbage.

I don't care about another forum either way

and katashi you should know about mistakes, lol direct x 10 OS
Roan Wrote:
Katashi Wrote:

It's me and Artie you're thinking of that despise anime. Wink

I agree. We really don't need another forum for this. Putting the 5 or so anime topics that have actually popped up into this new forum would disorganize things more than it would to leave them as they are.

Something else I was thinking of was that people would be more apt to post anime/manga topics in an anime/manga forum, since they know that's the place to put that stuff.
If people have something worthwhile to say, they'll make a topic about it.
Hmmm....perhaps I should have asked for a subforum instead. Still organized, but not a cluttery for the main page. Besides, we don't exactly need it yet. I say we get around fifteen topics or so, it would make a little more sense to consider it. Not exactly one of my better thought-out ideas, but it was still an idea.
It's funny how quickly you change your mind. :\
Roan Wrote:It's funny how quickly you change your mind. :\

at least he isn't like brownbear
Roan Wrote:It's funny how quickly you change your mind. :\

No, I was talking to Kei on MSN. He kind of reasoned with me, and brought up the subforum idea, which I didn't think of before. It does make more sense, and probably would have been the more persuisive suggestion.
Maybe when the board is bigger. For now, I don't see a reason. I don't like separating media simply by country of origin, which is exactly what this would do.
there should be one because how does manga fall into media its a book anime and manga should have there own section
rooneyt Wrote:there should be one because how does manga fall into media its a book anime and manga should have there own section

books are a medium.

media 1 |ˈmēdēə|
noun
1 plural form of medium .
2 (usu. the media) [treated as sing. or pl. ] the main means of mass communication (esp. television, radio, newspapers, and the Internet) regarded collectively : [as adj. ] the campaign won media attention.