Am I the only one who finds this detestable!?

To all the people who post on threads to say that they're not needed and will be closed soon it's not really your place to do so. What's worse is when people do it in harsh tone (cosmic...) or to new members without explaining why at all. That's the kind of thing that would make the ones with less of a thick skin not want to come back. If a thread is going to closed then leave it to a mod to do so or not since it's really not your place to do so at all.
Indeed. You are supposed to explain why a topic will be locked, nicely, do a recommandation, and let the staff members do the actions.
I agree . And I'm glad that someone finnally brought up the subject.
I usually say why, but I know there have been a few times that I haven't...
[Removed, in light of recent odd concern. People who didn't play the game will be confused.]

If you are reffereing to my "Reported, will be closed" comments at the end of my posts in closed threads...

I was already told by Aru not to do so. And it makes me question whether this is Ultra's personal opinion or if he is elaborating on Aru's request in a moderator notice. In any case, this is the reason (I sent Aru the same thing+see his response):

Insomniac Wrote:Okay,well long story short I write "reported, will be closed" is because once upon a time (Hazel deleted that thread). I redirected someone to the right place and then I didnt write anything about reporting the thread or it being closed. So people continued to redirect him and writing "I REPORTED THIS THREAD, BLAH BLAH". It turned into a mini-modding fest with everyone yelling at eachother to shut up and not post and yadda yadda.

After 20 posts or so, Hazel finally logged in and said "Everyone shut the hell up" and then deleted the whole thread. (if you dont believe me, ask him).

So I write: Reported,will be closed because then everyone will know that someone has already reported this thread and that they do not need to post here again.

Anyways, if you want me to stop adding this "closing statement" after this fair justification...I will.

Arupaeo Wrote:Smile Generally we prefer that the threads be reported without all that back and forth, and people get offended/intimidated by being told that their threads have been reported publicly so we just try to close them down quickly without making a huge deal out of it.

If someone creating a thread is being a jerk and breaking the rules on purpose, then they end up hearing about it no matter what our preferences, but for threads like this where the guy just doesn't know any better, its better to give them a break.

By the way, I always re-direct the member to the right place before writing that.
Daegor used to yell at me about this.

Then, I consumed Daegor.

and I'm feeling real blue about it.
(Jul. 06, 2012  9:03 PM)Hazel Wrote: and I'm feeling real blue about it.

I'd take that as a "stop doing it unless you fancy the feeling of a dozen suction cups on your face."
Tongue_out_wink

As a future reference, I've stopped doing that "Reported, will be closed" thing.

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants to yell at me for a rude closure (which IIRC, I have never done) , please regard this one in defense. Seriously, this thread closure was very rude and yes, although it did lead someone in the right place.

[Image: 59cQ0.png]
Just do what we're supposed to do.
Report it.
Move along.
I used to do the same thing, but honestly, I got sick of typing the same response every time "this isn't needed" "this will be closed" even if I was giving a reason. Just report it and move along.
I'd suggest reporting the ones who do this often whenever they do it, but that seems a bit... Well, stupid.
(Jul. 07, 2012  3:49 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Just do what we're supposed to do.
Report it.
Move along.
I used to do the same thing, but honestly, I got sick of typing the same response every time "this isn't needed" "this will be closed" even if I was giving a reason. Just report it and move along.
I'd suggest reporting the ones who do this often whenever they do it, but that seems a bit... Well, stupid.

Yeah. You are right. there should be reasoning too.

Really? That's what you got from this thread? You should be posting these kinds of things at all.
Mmmbop, ba du ba dop
Ba du bop, ba du ba dop
Ba du bop, ba du ba closed.