After 13 years, I have returned

Hey there, my names Matt, and the last time I touched a Bey was 13 years ago.

Way back then I was so into Beyblade it was ridiculous. I had a box so full of parts I couldn't tell the fake gear from the real gear, but I know I had an old official Dragoon kicking about. One of the original ones too, all flat and sexy. I was the best on my street, and I distinctly remember there being one match where Dragoon and I hit a Bey so hard it pierced my Bey-stadium and sent it half way across the car park we were playing in. My mum wasn't too pleased but my friend and I thought it was freaking amazing.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting back into the Beyblade scene. I live in London, what would be this best way to do this?

Matt
Hey matt, I'm spam master supreme I like blayblay like you do. We're gonna have so much fun
Yo!
Dragoons ARE awesome.
Dranzer are Awesomer.

Welcome back to beyblade, your skills blow my mind!!!!
(Jan. 10, 2016  8:53 PM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Dranzer are Awesomer.

Welcome back to beyblade, your skills blow my mind!!!!

There was another time that a different friend and I had a face off match, a driger Vs. my Dragoon. We don't know what happened, but one moment both beys were in the stadium, the next Dragoon had stopped spinning and Driger was under the stadium with a huge whole in the plastic. We were confused as all hell.
You unleashed your BitBeast, bro.
No other explanation really.
Yeah, no other explantation except via-cheap as fu-arena.
Hi and welcome to the site. Yes there is an active tourney scene in London but you'd need to buy the beyblades from the current series to compete although we could play with the old generations in free play if you don't wanna buy new stuff. We usually try and have a tourney once a month in regent's park. Keep an eye on this thread for updates:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-London-U...ead?page=7
welcome to WBO friend!!! i'm blading from last 13 years too but i never stoped blading [except form 2013-2014, you know no one was there to play and beyblade was on hittus
I totally believe everything written in this thread is true.

Welcome!
(Jan. 11, 2016  2:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I totally believe everything written in this thread is true.

Welcome!

It comes down to the right angles and, as another poster said, a cheap as carp stadium. We played a lot and when you play a lot with cheap gear you can see some freaky deaky things.

(Jan. 10, 2016  11:11 PM)Ultra Wrote: Hi and welcome to the site. Yes there is an active tourney scene in London but you'd need to buy the beyblades from the current series to compete although we could play with the old generations in free play if you don't wanna buy new stuff. We usually try and have a tourney once a month in regent's park. Keep an eye on this thread for updates:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-London-U...ead?page=7

Thanks for the Intel! I'll keep up to date with it. What's the current gen right now? As I said I've been out of the loop for a long time and looking through you tube and stuff I've seen a lot of stuff. Big blades, metal blades, bursting blades, tall blades, short blades, Rev launchers.

Things have changed since the days of old.
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:32 AM)Syphon Wrote: What's the current gen right now? As I said I've been out of the loop for a long time and looking through you tube and stuff I've seen a lot of stuff. Big blades, metal blades, bursting blades, tall blades, short blades, Rev launchers.

Ah yes, retractable string launchers are thing now.
Do your best to attend a tournament; much fun to be had.

Beyblade Burst is the 3rd and current generation of Beyblades.
Explosions, to exaggerate in a word.
If recommend picking up
B-08 Start Dash Set, which comes with Valkyrie, the main character's blade and it's a cool Attack type. Plus it comes with a String Launcher, Beylogger (which tracks launching progress for the app), and the actual Stadium which is a necessity for play.
There are a few other options to go along side that, such as B-05 Spriggan Heavy Defense, which is a neato booster since it has pretty good parts. Or you could buy the newly released Xcalibur, which seems to be the rage nowadays, with that nice rubber tip. But I think buying B-08 and B-05 should be a good start.
Few ways to buy things; EBay is always an option, but probably the best options are Amazon (although not sure on how the UK is for prices) or WBO sellers. I'd highly recommend gankoba or OkinawamTS, as I've bought from both and they have good prices and selection. Okinawam actually sells a lot of Plastic Beyblades, so if you want some of your childhood that's a good place to go. Burst is somewhat similar to the originals; and the originals are my favorite, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble liking Beyblade Burst. Fun for new people as well as veterans.

(Jan. 11, 2016  2:32 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I totally believe everything written in this thread is true.

Brad, are you POSITIVE that you played with Plastics?
They're crazy.

Welcome!

I KNOW WHAT BRAD MEAN, BUT I SAID BEFORE I KNOW/OWN EACH AND EVERYTHING BUT NOT 100%

EDIT:- LOL, LEL, HAH, HAHA, BEYHAHA
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:55 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:32 AM)Syphon Wrote: What's the current gen right now? As I said I've been out of the loop for a long time and looking through you tube and stuff I've seen a lot of stuff. Big blades, metal blades, bursting blades, tall blades, short blades, Rev launchers.

Beyblade Burst is the 3rd and current generation of Beyblades.
Explosions, to exaggerate in a word.
If recommend picking up
B-08 Start Dash Set, which comes with Valkyrie, the main character's blade and it's a cool Attack type. Plus it comes with a String Launcher, Beylogger (which tracks launching progress for the app), and the actual Stadium which is a necessity for play.

Thanks for all the help! i'll deffo be sure to pick up both the things you recommended, i'm actually looking forward to this way more than my adult mind tells me that I should.

And yes, old school plastics were absolute insanity a lot of the time
(Jan. 10, 2016  8:32 PM)Syphon Wrote: Hey there, my names Matt, and the last time I touched a Bey was 13 years ago.

Way back then I was so into Beyblade it was ridiculous. I had a box so full of parts I couldn't tell the fake gear from the real gear, but I know I had an old official Dragoon kicking about. One of the original ones too, all flat and sexy. I was the best on my street, and I distinctly remember there being one match where Dragoon and I hit a Bey so hard it pierced my Bey-stadium and sent it half way across the car park we were playing in. My mum wasn't too pleased but my friend and I thought it was freaking amazing.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting back into the Beyblade scene. I live in London, what would be this best way to do this?

Matt
Welcome to WBO m8! Must be pretty convenient living in London considering you're pretty close to the Sidemen.. HMM okay. you could get back and join us w/ several threads that can help you in your way to rekt newbs and noscope them. Like the Ask A Question Get An Answer #2 Thread. The Build me a Combo #2 Thread!. And this community isn't just all about beyblades. You could check out the general discussion thread With media anime and a bunch of stuff that people likes other than beyblade.
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:55 AM)Neo Wrote: Brad, are you POSITIVE that you played with Plastics?
They're crazy.

LOL, certainly. I remember lots of crazy battles, too. But I can't help but wonder if my adolescent mind exaggerates some of the details Wink
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:59 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: BEYHAHA

I love you.

(Jan. 11, 2016  3:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2016  9:55 AM)Neo Wrote: Brad, are you POSITIVE that you played with Plastics?
They're crazy.

LOL, certainly. I remember lots of crazy battles, too. But I can't help but wonder if my adolescent mind exaggerates some of the details Wink
Recoil city m8, Bitchips flyin, 'tack rings breakin...

(Jan. 11, 2016  1:11 PM)Syphon Wrote: Unhappy
Thanks for all the help! i'll deffo be sure to pick up both the things you recommended, i'm actually looking forward to this way more than my adult mind tells me that I should.

And yes, old school plastics were absolute insanity a lot of the time

Nothing to be ashamed of. It's fun. Good hobby to have.
Hey Matt welcome to this pretty awesome community.
I'm actually in a similar boat to you.
I've rejoined beyblade after 10 years and I live in the UK.
I'm sure you want to get back into battling.
I'm the same so I'll hopefully see you at a tournament.
Hope to battle you soon Smile