Adults and beyblades

(Apr. 21, 2020  1:38 AM)Malikai Wrote: I also have been pondering this. I've seen 7 year olds get their beys destroyed by guys older than me. I personally think that the WBO should have age divisions for the young ones. I've seen Pokemon do this and it works really well!

Except for the fact that the exact opposite has also happened. I don’t know if you’re talking about the card game Pokémon or the video game, but either way those require more strategy that some kids won’t be able to do as well as an older person. As for Beyblade, you make a good combo and you can do well, even against older people. There is nothing wrong with putting younger ones against older ones.
(Apr. 21, 2020  1:38 AM)Malikai Wrote: I also have been pondering this. I've seen 7 year olds get their beys destroyed by guys older than me. I personally think that the WBO should have age divisions for the young ones. I've seen Pokemon do this and it works really well!

As DeceasedCrab said earlier, a 6 year old can beat an adult, so not really any point in doing so.
(Apr. 21, 2020  1:42 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:

Except for the fact that the exact opposite has also happened. I don’t know if you’re talking about the card game Pokémon or the video game, but either way those require more strategy that some kids won’t be able to do as well as an older person. As for Beyblade, you make a good combo and you can do well, even against older people. There is nothing wrong with putting younger ones against older ones.

How about raw strength? While yes, beyblade doesn't require as much strategy as pokemon, an adult can simply overpower them. When playing against a child it can sometimes be just as easy as putting a lot of power into your launch and then going right through their bey for the burst finish.
It's all cool! I am 30, just got back into Beyblade earlier last year. And I would say it has been a fun experience getting back into Beyblade and being on this site! Like everyone has said before, don't let your age worry you and have fun!

And of course, Welcome to WBO!
(Apr. 21, 2020  1:48 AM)Malikai Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2020  1:42 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Except for the fact that the exact opposite has also happened. I don’t know if you’re talking about the card game Pokémon or the video game, but either way those require more strategy that some kids won’t be able to do as well as an older person. As for Beyblade, you make a good combo and you can do well, even against older people. There is nothing wrong with putting younger ones against older ones.

How about raw strength? While yes, beyblade doesn't require as much strategy as pokemon, an adult can simply overpower them. When playing against a child it can sometimes be just as easy as putting a lot of power into your launch and then going right through their bey for the burst finish.

No, not at all. I’m assuming you’re not very familiar with the Burst metagame of today, because it’s mostly stamina and attack, and attack types don’t get Burst finishes against other top tier combos. It takes skill to use an attack type well anyways. If the kid has a good enough combo, even if the adult launches hard with an attack type, they could very well self KO if they don’t know what they’re doing or lose to a spin finish.
That is true...
My last tournament... I got utterly skunked by a 5yr old using Hercules on Bearing... and my next loss was from a 10yr old using balkesh on Bearing... although my launch strength was higher than theirs... I didn’t choose the best combo and I lost.

Age & launch power isn’t that much of an issue, especially if you have a combo that thrives in any condition
my family Beyblade are for a 7-8-year-old little cousin that plays them mom say embarrassed you play them what should tell them
I'm 26 but I still enjoy collecting HMS, which I started to do again this month after 17 years. I started during plastic generation (Bakuten Shoot) but the newer systems have definitely improved upon a lot of features. While I am not really interested in getting into MFB or Burst (outside of collecting the plastic generation remakes) I can definitely echo what others have said already; the game is timeless.