A230 Discussion

Bobmcdoogal I have a request can you try A230 in defense because I have a feeling that A230 would be a "Decent" defense Track
(Feb. 16, 2013  3:36 PM)Dark Aquario 55 Wrote: Bobmcdoogal I have a request can you try A230 in defense because I have a feeling that A230 would be a "Decent" defense Track

It's a more recoily 230 when a basically round track doing the same thing (230) exists and is very, very widely available, amongst other, defensively superior tracks.

Uncertain
@ th!nk your right but maybe it will have more defense since it looks sturdy and there is a gimmick so maybe in defense there is a huge difference between 230 and A230
Why doesn't anyone tried a synchrom force smash attacker?
(Feb. 16, 2013  4:28 PM)Dark Aquario 55 Wrote: @ th!nk your right but maybe it will have more defense since it looks sturdy and there is a gimmick so maybe in defense there is a huge difference between 230 and A230

The gimmick makes it suffer more recoil, can you not understand this simple matter? An object with corners will always suffer more recoil than a round object, and that recoil, for a track of this height with no other defensive advantages over 230, will make it worse. It only looks sturdy to you because you have no clue what to look for in parts...

(Feb. 16, 2013  4:31 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Why doesn't anyone tried a synchrom force smash attacker?

People do/are, and this track is not an uncommon choice, however personally, sometimes a more passive shape is better - especially as you're going to be hitting enemies downwards to a point where they may well make track contact. Just a guess, though, there's a few more variables there than "try it for the one type it really, really could in no way help except through enhancing one of the other types in that combination".
Well I don't know much of force smash but with the recoil it has it can only be used on attack or balance types, that's why I thought of a force smasher, I would try gryph gryph a230bsf/rb but that actually is a guess
As I said, people have been trying it out, in combos kinda like that, so don't worry, if there's a viable use for it there, it will be found Tongue_out
Ok, maybe I misunderstood, sorry!
If it has a very high defense, then with the right tip, it should be a great defense track right? Besides the recoil and the corners thing. If they created it without any gaps, then It should be a great defense track.
(Feb. 17, 2013  6:12 AM)StaticBlade111 Wrote: If it has a very high defense, then with the right tip, it should be a great defense track right?

Except if you look at its design, it clearly is not going to have very high defense.

Seriously is there some event today that I missed because you and Dark Aquario 55 are starting to make me wonder...

Anyway, as for the thread itself, it would be good if more people would test it, as one person's tests aren't enough to go on.
I can do some tests with this. Any suggestions? I won't try Defence seeing as the shape produces so much recoil. Anyways, what should I try?

My chrome wheels are ...
My best attack metal wheel is Flash.
Phantom Orion A230D vs. Phantom Orion 230D
230 launched first on even launches, A230 launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
A230: 11 (11 OS, 0 KO)
230: 29 (29 OS, 0 KO)
A230 Win %: 27.5%

Ds were swapped after round 10. A230s were swapped after round 20. Ds were swapped after round 30. There were around 8 or so ties and about 4 KOs that were redone and not counted since this was purely a Stamina test.

Every single win was very close, but 230 seems to be just slightly better Stamina wise.
(Feb. 18, 2013  1:04 AM)KainHighwind Wrote: Phantom Orion A230D vs. Phantom Orion 230D
230 launched first on even launches, A230 launched first on odd.
Detail Results (Click to View)
A230: 11 (11 OS, 0 KO)
230: 29 (29 OS, 0 KO)
A230 Win %: 27.5%

Ds were swapped after round 10. A230s were swapped after round 20. Ds were swapped after round 30. There were around 8 or so ties and about 4 KOs that were redone and not counted since this was purely a Stamina test.

Every single win was very close, but 230 seems to be just slightly better Stamina wise.

This more closely resembles my expectations for the track (poorer aerodynamics), thanks very much for doing all that testing Grin

Tri: Stamina tests are mostly what I'm after, seeing as attack combos rely more on the wheel than a track like this.
IMHO, the best combo with this track is Duo Aquario A230EWD (new). If the EWD is very used, try with the SD, but the EWD is better