A curiousity of mine, cross-system parts comparison.

Hello, I know the rules of having the different systems going against each other and the relevance of stats. This post is about neither of those and I've tried searching for a thread like what I'm going to propose and haven't seen it. What I'm suggesting is seeing about parts between all three systems: Plastic, HMS, and MFB; finding the parts that are similar in each system and talking about how the parts have evolved from their original versions all the way up to what they've become now. I also want to hit upon how those part changes have affected how they play in game and maybe through this get a better understanding on how the newer parts play. I'm not saying that each archetype has improved over the years either, there are some that have been diminished by the system changes and aren't as strong as they used to be.

I am hoping that newer bladers coming to this site can read this to better understand how the game has evolved and that older bladers that are returning to the game can see what has changed since they have quit and will help them find what would be most compatible with their original style. Now I don't know as much about the MFB parts due to my lack of playing with them so I am hoping to have you guys help fill in the blanks in my data. Here is an example of what I am wanting. (If talking blade bases though keep clutch systems seperate and concentrate on similar Custom Engine Weights, I'd fit the clutch systems in the same range as the base support parts and Customize weight disk from the HMS or even tracks from the MF system.)

Plastic System (4-Layer)Confusedemi Flat - Classic blade base known for being an endurance type but not particularly special. One of the first parts ever released seeing as its before the Spin Gear became seperate from the Base itself.

Plastic System (5-Layer): SG Semi Flat - Not much difference between the previous version and this version. While slightly shorter to make for better attack types and the removal of the 4 hole indents near the tip of the base it is essentially the same part converted for the capacity of an exchangeable Spin Gear.

Plastic System (Engine Gear): Semi-Flat Wolborg 4 This is a rarity in both the Wolborg line which is known primarily for Bearing Bases and Engine gears which either has simply the Engine Gear of a particular type or a Customize Engine Weight. Its use isn't much different than it was for the prior bases but the Engine gear gives a little bit of boost to endurance considering what this is paired with.

Heavy Metal System: RC Semi Flat - Like the Semi Flat bases from the Plastic system this Running Core is set up to help with balance and endurance however like the others of this basic type is nothing special and was quickly out classed just as its predecessors were.

Heavy Metal System: RC Metal Semi Flat - Very similar to the prior except this version is less adverse to wear and has some of the benefits of metal tips when it comes to endurance, in fact from experience could say this is one of the best of the semi-flat style to come out.

Metal Fight/Fusion System: Bottom SF -Same style and result of its predecessors, its usefulness only determined by what track its paired off with. Not change on the tip other than actual size.

If people have comments they want to add to this one feel free to do so. Other than that I'd like someone to pick a part design that has gone through every system to denote how they've evolved, I'll pick another part after the next one if I can think of one I have good experience with. Also lets please change it up to another part type like an attack ring or a metal wheel.
Cool write up.

You write pretty well, very easy to read and understand.
Plastic System (4-Layer)Confusedemi Flat - Classic blade base known for being an endurance type but not particularly special. One of the first parts ever released seeing as its before the Spin Gear became seperate from the Base itself.

Is in no way endurance, it's balance.
It's also three layer, not four.

Pre-SG is three
SG is four
SAR is five
SAR + SP is six

EDIT: Don't forget Rubber Semi-Flat
(Aug. 13, 2010  4:38 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Plastic System (4-Layer)Confusedemi Flat - Classic blade base known for being an endurance type but not particularly special. One of the first parts ever released seeing as its before the Spin Gear became seperate from the Base itself.

Pre-SG is three
SG is four
SAR is five
SAR + SP is six

Ummm, I was including the bit chip into the equation, sure it may have not been necessary in plastic but it was still a seperate part in the system as Pre SG was Chip, AR, WD, BB. Also in any documentation I've read on Beyblade the first set up was always called 4-layer which included the bit chip and the SAR and SP were always considered optional and not seperate layers. Also I'm going by what I have experience with, I've never had experience with Rubber SF so I did not include it, thats why I asked for people who know more about what I put down to add to it. Also I remember back then that Stamina types were called Endurance and Balance were called combination types. I was going by the relevant terminology for the day, not the MFB terminology. But please do put in what you know about Rubber Semi-Flat to complete the SF types I put in what I know because I do have experience with all of the parts I put in.
(Aug. 13, 2010  8:04 AM)AnimeMun Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2010  4:38 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Plastic System (4-Layer)Confusedemi Flat - Classic blade base known for being an endurance type but not particularly special. One of the first parts ever released seeing as its before the Spin Gear became seperate from the Base itself.

Pre-SG is three
SG is four
SAR is five
SAR + SP is six

Ummm, I was including the bit chip into the equation, sure it may have not been necessary in plastic but it was still a seperate part in the system as Pre SG was Chip, AR, WD, BB. Also in any documentation I've read on Beyblade the first set up was always called 4-layer which included the bit chip and the SAR and SP were always considered optional and not seperate layers. Also I'm going by what I have experience with, I've never had experience with Rubber SF so I did not include it, thats why I asked for people who know more about what I put down to add to it. Also I remember back then that Stamina types were called Endurance and Balance were called combination types. I was going by the relevant terminology for the day, not the MFB terminology. But please do put in what you know about Rubber Semi-Flat to complete the SF types I put in what I know because I do have experience with all of the parts I put in.
That's what he's saying. You are incorrect.
Semi-flat is and always has been the quintessential balance/combination base/tip. For a lot of us it meant attacking with control and little skill with enough stamina to outlast the hardcore attackers. Galeon is still to this day one of the greatest beyblades conceived and my personal favourite.
There was:
Sharp = Endurance/Stamina
Semi-Flat = Balance/Combination
Flat = Attack
Also SAR's/SP's are, indeed, seperate layers.
S is 4/5 layer.
V2 was 6