A Mom needs help building for her son

We (my son and I) are new to bey blading. He has a bunch of beyblades but I am clueless on how to tell the names of the parts or what is what. He knows the names of some things but asks for my help and I have no idea. Any suggestions? He wants me to help build him the best beyblade but he has so many parts I don’t know where to start.
(Jan. 12, 2020  3:00 PM)Voltron914 Wrote: We (my son and I) are new to bey blading. He has a bunch of beyblades but I am clueless on how to tell the names of the parts or what is what. He knows the names of some things but asks for my help and I have no idea. Any suggestions? He wants me to help build him the best beyblade but he has so many parts I don’t know where to start.

Hi, welcome to the WBO. There is a build me a combo thread on this website. You can list the parts you have (you can ask your son) and people will help give you good combos. Also, list if it is has to or takara Tomy.

Here’s the link:https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-m...o-2--88501
(Jan. 12, 2020  3:00 PM)Voltron914 Wrote: We (my son and I) are new to bey blading. He has a bunch of beyblades but I am clueless on how to tell the names of the parts or what is what. He knows the names of some things but asks for my help and I have no idea. Any suggestions? He wants me to help build him the best beyblade but he has so many parts I don’t know where to start.

Could you give us a picture of his parts. Imgur works.
Upload a picture and we can help Smile
You could use meta combos You find on yt
I will be posting pictures when I get home. Any help would be much appreciated. He has about 30. What to the letters/numbers on the metal rings mean?

(Jan. 12, 2020  7:07 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote:

I will upload pictures after I get home from work (around dinner time). Your help would be much appreciated!!!
The numbers/letters on the metal rings indicate what each one is called. The letters are abbreviations of the part's official name, while if it's a number that will be the actual name of the part as well.  If the name is an actual word, it generally refers to either the design or gimmick of the part, while if it's a number it will generally refer to how many protrusions come out of the part. 

The proper names for each major component of a burst beyblade are:

Layer or Energy Layer: The top section of the bey that has the main contact points and is where you insert the launcher prongs.
Disc or Forge Disc: The main metal component of the bey.
Driver or Performance Tip: The bottom piece that has the most influence on how the beyblade will spin and move in the stadium.
(Jan. 12, 2020  7:07 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote:

https://twitter.com/wawrzyniak_c/status/1216875744808271875?s=21

not sure how else to upload the pictures

(Jan. 13, 2020  4:38 PM)Hato Wrote: Here are parts list that may be helpful:
Basic and Dual layer system
God/Evolution system
Cho-Z/Turbo system
GT/Rise system

(Jan. 14, 2020  1:16 AM)Voltron914 Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  7:07 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Upload a picture and we can help Smile

https://twitter.com/wawrzyniak_c/status/1216875744808271875?s=21

not sure how else to upload the pictures

(Jan. 13, 2020  4:38 PM)Hato Wrote: Here are parts list that may be helpful:
Basic and Dual layer system
God/Evolution system
Cho-Z/Turbo system
GT/Rise system

this post was very helpful! I am starting to understand how everything works now I have to try to teach this to my son and learn about the combinations and competing 
(Jan. 14, 2020  1:16 AM)Voltron914 Wrote: https://twitter.com/wawrzyniak_c/status/...71875?s=21

From what I see in the picture: take note of these parts as they are quite competitive.

Energy Layer (the top piece):
2: Lord Spriggan
26: Zwei Longinus
14 combined with the outer ring of 30: Perfect Phoenix
**All 3 layers are very good and are still relevant in today's competitive scene.

Disk (the metal middle piece):
7: Sting
15 and 18: Blitz
16: 00 Disc
25 and 35: 0 Disc
33: 10 Disc
**Most of these are great too.

Frame (the plastic ring that goes around the disc):
5: Expand
6: Glaive
8: Wall
**Glaive is okay, Expand is arguably okay. Wall is great but only when used with the Bearing driver, which you do not have.

Driver (the bottom tip)
2: Orbit Metal
14: Dimension'
21: Octa
27: Atomic
**The drivers are where it gets difficult. Of all these the most recommended one I can give is Atomic. The others are quite situational.

The recommendations might not be thr best but it is what I'd use given the parts.

-Perfect Phoenix, 0 Glaive/Expand or Sting, Atomic
-Zwei Longinus, 00 Glaive/Expand or Sting, Dimension' or Orbit Metal
-Lord Spriggan, 0 Wall, Bearing (you do not have Bearing)
-Lord Spriggan, 0 Glaive, Xtend+ (you do not have Xtend+)

The Phoenix combo should be able to tank and beat any other right spin defense/stamina combo, and still difficult to get KOed by attack combos due to its sheer weight.

Zwei Longinus is good against left spin combos again due to its weight and strong attack power. Use Dimension' to maximise attack at the cost of stamina. Using Orbit metal will reduce your attack power instead, but it makes sure you can still outspin other left spin combos if you fail to KO them. Dimension' is not the best attack driver mind you, so it might be hard to control (keeps going around the stadium, not hitting the center spot), but its the only driver with the ' (dash) mark you have which makes your combo harder to burst (quite important for highly aggressive layers)

Lord Spriggan is a very great layer, and is used mainly to beat opposite spin opponents (set Lord on left spin to beat right spin opponents and vice versa). In WBO tournaments you can only pick one spin direction for Lord to avoid being too difficult to beat, but if your child is playing for fun against friends nothing will srop him from doing that. However, it is missing the driver, so Bearing and Xtend+ drivers are the next thing to get IMO.

Those are my recommendations, but if ultimately your child prefers to choose or build a different combo, then I say let him mix and match. Have fun!
I would dismiss the Perfect Phoenix that Eiger suggested for now as the core piece for that is the Hasbro version which lacks the metal that the Takara one has.

The Zwei base (pronounced like Tsvai btw, because German) actually does better with the Bahamut chip (the center plastic bit from Layer 5) as the teeth of that handle the self recoil better than the Longinus chip.

Lord can alternatively use the Longinus or Valkyrie (from 28) chips if your son wants to dedicate it to one spin direction. (Longinus for left, Valkyrie for right)

Your son has some parts that are good for a format meant for older burst parts called Classic, I'll provide some combos for that if you go to a Classic Format tournament.

Disks,Frames, and Drivers are marked by Letters or numbers that indicate their name, on the top face of that part. Layers however have more inconspicuous letter notations hidden on them.

Standard Combos:
Zwei Bahamut 10 Expand Octa Metsu - Stationary Attack
Lord Longinus/Valkyrie Sting Atomic - Defence

Classic Combos:
Anubion A2 Knuckle Yard-S - Stamina
Spryzen S2 Yell Wedge-S - Mixed Attack
(Jan. 15, 2020  3:01 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Standard Combos:

Bahamut without a dash driver bursts too easily though, coupled with Octa it would burst a lot. My friend tried using Zwei with Octa and it didn't go too well since it tends to burst against other left spin combos like Lord, other Zwei, or even a semi-joke Hell Salamander combo with Destroy' and Volcanic'.
(Jan. 15, 2020  3:01 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: I would dismiss the Perfect Phoenix that Eiger suggested for now as the core piece for that is the Hasbro version which lacks the metal that the Takara one has.

The Zwei base (pronounced like Tsvai btw, because German) actually does better with the Bahamut chip (the center plastic bit from Layer 5) as the teeth of that handle the self recoil better than the Longinus chip.

Lord can alternatively use the Longinus or Valkyrie (from 28) chips if your son wants to dedicate it to one spin direction. (Longinus for left, Valkyrie for right)

Your son has some parts that are good for a format meant for older burst parts called Classic, I'll provide  some combos for that if you go to a Classic Format tournament.

Disks,Frames, and Drivers are marked by Letters or numbers that indicate their name, on the top face of that part. Layers however have more inconspicuous letter notations hidden on them.

Standard Combos:

Classic Combos:
Anubion A2 Knuckle Yard-S - Stamina
Spryzen S2 Yell Wedge-S - Mixed Attack

do you learn how to compete from trial and error?

I appreciate everyone’s help!
speaking of this I need help with a combo too my beys perfect phoenix/vice leapor/ wonder valtreyek/turbo valtreyek/spryzen requiem

(Jan. 16, 2020  12:45 AM)Exodus1220 Wrote: speaking of this I need help with a combo too my beys perfect phoenix/vice leapor/ wonder valtreyek/turbo valtreyek/spryzen requiem

Please do not hijack someone else's thread for your own questions. You can use the "Build Me a Combo" thread instead.
Here are the combos you should use

Lord Spriggan (2) Sting (14) Atomic (27)

Perfect Pheonix (mix of 3 in discs and 14 in layers) 00 Wall (16 and 8) Orbit Metal (2)

Zwei Longinus (with Zan) (26) Blitz (18) Spiral'(3)

Beys/parts i recommend buying

Bearing
Judgement Joker
Xtreme'
(Feb. 02, 2020  1:31 AM)lilphilyb Wrote: Here are the combos you should use

Lord Spriggan (2) Sting (14) Atomic (27)

Perfect Pheonix (mix of 3 in discs and 14 in layers) 00 Wall (16 and 8) Orbit Metal (2)

Zwei Longinus (with Zan) (26) Blitz (18) Spiral'(3)

Beys/parts i recommend buying

Bearing
Judgement Joker
Xtreme'

Wouldn't wall scrape on the pP combo?
I don't know if you guys noticed, but the Revive Phoenix is Hasbro and the Dead Phoenix is Takara Tomy, so Perfect Phoenix wouldn't be legal in tournaments...
(Feb. 02, 2020  2:17 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I don't know if you guys noticed, but the Revive Phoenix is Hasbro and the Dead Phoenix is Takara Tomy, so Perfect Phoenix wouldn't be legal in tournaments...

My guy, u know if u put the TT Revive Phoenix and TT Dead Phoenix u can make Perfect Phoenix

Please also go to the news section and see the ruling for it because you’re showing you don’t know a lot about the Phoenix ruling

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...ifications

Please look at this
(Feb. 02, 2020  3:17 AM)The Rex Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  2:17 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I don't know if you guys noticed, but the Revive Phoenix is Hasbro and the Dead Phoenix is Takara Tomy, so Perfect Phoenix wouldn't be legal in tournaments...

My guy, u know if u put the TT Revive Phoenix and TT Dead Phoenix u can make Perfect Phoenix

Please also go to the news section and see the ruling for it because you’re showing you don’t know a lot about the Phoenix ruling

Please look at this

Gosh Rex, he was staying that the rP from the picture was a Hasbro one, which cannot legally be combined with a TT Dead Phoenix to make Perfect Phoenix. And he was correct. The pictures of the beys didn't have a TT rP.

CitrusNinja3 is well aware of the rules. You should read what he said more carefully. You can apologize to Citrus if you want, Rex.
(Feb. 02, 2020  3:42 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  3:17 AM)The Rex Wrote: My guy, u know if u put the TT Revive Phoenix and TT Dead Phoenix u can make Perfect Phoenix

Please look at this

Gosh Rex, he was staying that the rP from the picture was a Hasbro one, which cannot legally be combined with a TT Dead Phoenix to make Perfect Phoenix. And he was correct. The pictures of the beys didn't have a TT rP.

CitrusNinja3 is well aware of the rules. You should read what he said more carefully. You can apologize to Citrus if you want, Rex.

I'm fine with or without an apology, but it does seem that The Rex doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to knowing the context, such as saying something about metal on the Layers for a Burst Limited thread...? Just be careful to know what's going on.
Anyway, back on topic, Voltron914 the suggestions of using Perfect Phoenix were just a mix-up. They thought the Revive Phoenix (Layer 14) was from Takara Tomy, which would make it compatible with the armor/outer ring from the Takara Tomy Dead Phoenix (Layer 30), when the Revive Phoenix is actually a Hasbro Layer. This would make it illegal for tournament use, although your son can still use Dead Phoenix (Layer 30) if he likes the effect of the mixed brand Perfect Phoenix. Also, as a side note, they were saying to use the combination with Takara Tomy Drivers, which would also not be legal because it's unnaturally hard to Burst.
(Feb. 02, 2020  4:03 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  3:42 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Gosh Rex, he was staying that the rP from the picture was a Hasbro one, which cannot legally be combined with a TT Dead Phoenix to make Perfect Phoenix. And he was correct. The pictures of the beys didn't have a TT rP.

I'm fine with or without an apology, but it does seem that The Rex doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes to knowing the context, such as saying something about metal on the Layers for a Burst Limited thread...? Just be careful to know what's going on.
Anyway, back on topic, Voltron914 the suggestions of using Perfect Phoenix were just a mix-up. They thought the Revive Phoenix (Layer 14) was from Takara Tomy, which would make it compatible with the armor/outer ring from the Takara Tomy Dead Phoenix (Layer 30), when the Revive Phoenix is actually a Hasbro Layer. This would make it illegal for tournament use, although your son can still use Dead Phoenix (Layer 30) if he likes the effect of the mixed brand Perfect Phoenix. Also, as a side note, they were saying to use the combination with Takara Tomy Drivers, which would also not be legal because it's unnaturally hard to Burst.

Sorry about that I didn’t see it was a hasbro

But for a layer I would say use lord spriggan, that would be the best layer u have since right now lord is a really good layer base for competitive

I would also say use 0 wall but I don’t really see any tips like a bearing that would make wall not scrape