They're both not very good. The original image used isn't high quality, and in each case you've only made some very minor edits, neither of which look very professional ...
(Jun. 05, 2009  4:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: They're both not very good. The original image used isn't high quality, and in each case you've only made some very minor edits, neither of which look very professional ...

I see thanks for your tip bro...Im not good at pics anyways XD
Well, while Brad may be very blunt and hyper-critical, I personally think they look great and get the message of each AMV across quite well.

I don't think you were going for too much of an original piece so much as you were going towards something to "sample" your AMV into one image, right? I think they're both perfect. Especially "Nothing Left."

A minor comment on the AMVs - They look great! Not exactly my choice of music.... but the composition of the videos are fantastic! Keep it up! Grin
(Jun. 05, 2009  5:40 AM)A.J. Wrote: Well, while Brad may be very blunt and hyper-critical

lol really? because i was actually critical and have some photoshop experience?
(Jun. 05, 2009  5:40 AM)A.J. Wrote: Well, while Brad may be very blunt and hyper-critical, I personally think they look great and get the message of each AMV across quite well.

I don't think you were going for too much of an original piece so much as you were going towards something to "sample" your AMV into one image, right? I think they're both perfect. Especially "Nothing Left."

A minor comment on the AMVs - They look great! Not exactly my choice of music.... but the composition of the videos are fantastic! Keep it up! Grin

Hehe its ok I like people to be critical on my work...gives me an edge because when something bothers I will do better Wink

Umm I wasnt going for any original piece but more of a sample of the video. Hehe the nothing left picture gave me the idea from this album cover so I thought of using it for my sample.

Hehe thanks for the comment...more will come up soon!
Those pics are great! Keep it up.
Great posters bro!!! They really give a feel of what the AMV is, especially the 'Nothing Left' poster. It's like a lid waiting to explode of its bottle xD
Those are really really good no lie!!!!
............I have to agree with Brad in that they appear to be based on not-so-great quality pics and such but I must say, I quite like first one. :3
Unlike others, I like the second one but don't like the first.
I like the first one. The second isn't really something I'd advise using.
I think something 'simple' like the following would work better :
[Image: DKS_NothingLeft.jpg] [Image: DKS_Six.jpg]

Better images could be done though. This is only an example. I do not get whatever concept you say you have for your videos anyway. The lyrics of Six do not fit ...
Wow Kai-V your amazing... (at graphics Smile)
1. Don't use filters.
2. They're low quality images, you want them to be a better quality. If not then make the image smaller so as you make the images sharper and look better.
3. Personal design point of view, keep the design simple and put the message across.
4. I would also put some form of texture in the background.
I actually like the first one. For the second one, the concept is good but use a better quality picture.
(Jun. 05, 2009  10:39 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote: 1. Don't use filters.

Can be used to an extent- just don't overdo/overuse it. Sometimes I will use filters and then combine it with blending modes and other techniques so it doesn't seem like I just used a filter.

I like the second rather than the first, but you can still improve. Smile
Glad to see you stuck around DKS.

I personally like the Wallpapers. I think the low quality of the "Nothing Left" image actually adds to the effect. The sharpness of it.
I would say they just need a lot of work, but trust me, I wasn't too great when I started. You should listen to a lot of suggestions to try and improve. As for the AMVs, they're okay for matching the background music, but no one wants to see screamo music for Beyblade.
(Jun. 05, 2009  8:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think something 'simple' like the following would work better :
[Image: DKS_NothingLeft.jpg] [Image: DKS_Six.jpg]

Better images could be done though. This is only an example.

These look pretty good too. The fonts could afford to be a little less blurry, though.

And Brad, I'm terribly sorry if I offended you in any way - I just think the way you went about criticizing his piece was a bit harsh. I'd go into a whole "psychology" spiel, but this is neither the place nor do I have the rights to talk about how to criticize to someone with "actual photoshop experience" and the administrator of this message board. I'd probably get warned/banned (if I'm not going to be already) for "being a jerk," "acting out of turn," or "just because I don't like your attitude."

Again, I apologize for any behavior issues I may have caused in this thread and others.

Relevant to topic - The four pieces I've seen in this thread are all good, but I feel DKS's pieces are, dare I say, better. While they lack a little in quality of the image, the unity in them is much closer than Kai-V's. The wording for "Nothing Left" has the same grunge-web pattern as the background and, while still a little hard to read in DKS's piece, Kai-V's is fuzzy and even less legible. I like both approaches, though.

As for Six, both images use the same original, and I like how Kai-V whited out more of the blader's face. However, the font leaves me preferring DKS's once more. Kai-V's is, again, blurred to a point where it is nearly illegible, while DKS's is very clear.

Hopefully this clarifies my opinion a bit.
(Jun. 09, 2009  5:48 AM)A.J. Wrote: And Brad, I'm terribly sorry if I offended you in any way - I just think the way you went about criticizing his piece was a bit harsh. I'd go into a whole "psychology" spiel, but this is neither the place nor do I have the rights to talk about how to criticize to someone with "actual photoshop experience" and the administrator of this message board. I'd probably get warned/banned (if I'm not going to be already) for "being a jerk," "acting out of turn," or "just because I don't like your attitude."

I suppose characterizing me as a tyrant is supposed to make me feel better. Speechless
(Jun. 09, 2009  5:48 AM)A.J. Wrote: Relevant to topic - The four pieces I've seen in this thread are all good, but I feel DKS's pieces are, dare I say, better. While they lack a little in quality of the image, the unity in them is much closer than Kai-V's. The wording for "Nothing Left" has the same grunge-web pattern as the background and, while still a little hard to read in DKS's piece, Kai-V's is fuzzy and even less legible. I like both approaches, though.

As for Six, both images use the same original, and I like how Kai-V whited out more of the blader's face. However, the font leaves me preferring DKS's once more. Kai-V's is, again, blurred to a point where it is nearly illegible, while DKS's is very clear.

Hopefully this clarifies my opinion a bit.
There is "Nothing Left"; why did you want something to be left ? (Furthermore, I did not take the time to search for the font DKS had used.) Also, talk about the "unity" in them.

You are unable to read "SIX" ? I am myopic and viewing the computer screen from a fair distance, and I have absolutely no difficulty reading it ...
Plus, you have to learn about this sense of "unity" in one's work : if you make a 'good' picture, then put text on it in a fashion that ruins the whole work because it has absolutely no match with the image, then it is not a good piece. Especially with anime music videos where you supposedly want to fuel some kind of feeling or something, making at least the text fit with the picture so it seems as if it is actually affected by what is going on in the picture/video is the first thing you should do. Do you seriously consider that DKS' Six font does this function ?

In an anime music video preview picture, your text embodies the whole song, on a still picture. It is primordial to make it 'move' somehow, otherwise you just took a screenshot at an instant, put text on it, then saved the picture. Anybody can do that, which is why those pictures are not good.
(Jun. 09, 2009  1:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There is "Nothing Left"; why did you want something to be left ?

I think the point of DKS' image was everything was shattering around the character... But I see where you were going now with your images. Before I was a bit confused in your direction.
(Jun. 09, 2009  1:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: You are unable to read "SIX" ? I am myopic and viewing the computer screen from a fair distance, and I have absolutely no difficulty reading it ...

As for the font of "Six," I totally agree that it doesn't match the AMV. I was moreso talking about 'unity' with "Nothing Left." I guess I meant that the clarity of the word "Six" was less of an eyesore than the blurry/faded "Six" in your own. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

And I never said it was impossible to read, I said it was nearly illegible. Perhaps if less glow and color covered the text I would like it a lot more, but, again, you probably have much more knowledge in the subject of design and layout, so I trust your opinion. I'm just sharing mine.