World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament (/Thread-Los-Angeles-CA-USA-LA-Tournament)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Oct. 26, 2015

That's great news! We just need one more person.

I'll check out the park that was used for the tournament this time to see if it has covered areas, just to be safe.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Xandrys - Oct. 26, 2015

(Oct. 26, 2015  4:58 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: That's great news! We just need one more person.

I'll check out the park that was used for the tournament this time to see if it has covered areas, just to be safe.

Yeah the park we used was okay. Rkrieger and i were talking about speaking tp the parks and recs to find a more suitable place to hold a tournament.

The people at emerald knights were pretty rude.

Id also like to see a burst tourney soon!

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Sapphire - Oct. 27, 2015

Post misplaced, sorry.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Oct. 27, 2015

(Oct. 27, 2015  2:56 AM)Legend Pegasis Wrote: Is it possible for the location to be moved nearer to Orange County?

A bit off topic, but I actually don't have a working launcher grip right now.

I want to do it where it is near equal distance from everyone. That makes it easier for everyone to go, but everyone's input is welcome.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Oct. 27, 2015

How was the tourney and who won?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Oct. 27, 2015

(Oct. 27, 2015  3:42 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: How was the tourney and who won?

(Oct. 25, 2015  2:29 AM)Alta Wrote: 7 people came in the end, Taiwo couldn't make it, and neither could Ownage or Tanzam, but everyone else made it and we signed up one person on spot, as well as entered in some that weren't originally part of the list. Xandrys and his brother made it.

It really came down to the wire between 1st:Agent-312 and 2nd: I (Alta) in the last battle of the finals to determine who got first place, I know him personally and the combination he had used was a strong counter to my own, it was close with a lot of ties, but in the end he managed first place 3-2, so I took second place and 3rd:Thereaperyolo came in third.

It was one intense final battle.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Nov. 14, 2015

I apologize that it's taking so long to upload the results so that the points can be registered, I don't have access to my desktop computer right now because of a weird technical issue, so I might just work out the spreadsheets on a laptop I'm able to borrow occasionally.

Just wanted to leave this here to let you all know I'm still here.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Xandrys - Nov. 28, 2015

so is tomorrow still happening?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - OwnageDerp - Nov. 28, 2015

(Nov. 28, 2015  2:09 AM)Xandrys Wrote: so is tomorrow still happening?

Um what? There's an event or something?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Nov. 29, 2015

(Nov. 28, 2015  4:19 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Nov. 28, 2015  2:09 AM)Xandrys Wrote: so is tomorrow still happening?

Um what? There's an event or something?

He's talking about Taiwo's Birthday Bash, "The Arrow Strikes", but it's certainly not happening at this point unless he wants to set it up for a later date, or next year.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Meta madness - Nov. 29, 2015

Who knows Alta, if there is a chance I may host one soon enough next year. Though it was a good wait really wish it coulda happened.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Sapphire - Nov. 30, 2015

Any of you up to host a BeyDays tournament next year?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Kai-V - Nov. 30, 2015

I really hope you guys establish a more regular pattern of tournaments way before BeyDays though.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Meta madness - Nov. 30, 2015

(Nov. 30, 2015  2:16 AM)Sapphire Wrote: Any of you up to host a BeyDays tournament next year?

I am.

regardless, I'll be hosting an event next year.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Nov. 30, 2015

(Nov. 30, 2015  2:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I really hope you guys establish a more regular pattern of tournaments way before BeyDays though.

I certainly want to get a more regular event schedule, I just want to send the fees and finish the speadsheets from the last tournament before anything, I still don't have access to my own desktop, but right now I have some time with a borrowed laptop so I'll see if I can finish the spreadsheets, the funds will also be sent out soon.

I apologize for the delay on all of this.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Sapphire - Dec. 01, 2015

(Nov. 30, 2015  4:57 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2015  2:16 AM)Sapphire Wrote: Any of you up to host a BeyDays tournament next year?

I am.

regardless, I'll be hosting an event next year.

Great! Let's all try to make LA as awesome as the great Beyblade cities, like Toronto, London, etc.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Dec. 09, 2015

Okay, sorry I've been kind of AWALL lately, school's has been tough and I've got finals and essays to take care of.

On to why I'm posting, how do you guys feel aboud doing a Burst tournament? Does anyone have a Burst Stadium yet? If not, we can try to put our money together and but two or three. There is also a shop in Downtown LA called Anime Jungle that sells some Burst beys, if anyone can't buy online. If we do decide to have the tournament, we could also do one order through PayPal, and ganboka looks like a good middleman.

Whad'ya say? Should we go for it. Possibly JANUARY 15th or 16th?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Sapphire - Dec. 09, 2015

(Dec. 09, 2015  4:16 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, sorry I've been kind of AWALL lately, school's has been tough and I've got finals and essays to take care of.

On to why I'm posting, how do you guys feel aboud doing a Burst tournament? Does anyone have a Burst Stadium yet? If not, we can try to put our money together and but two or three. There is also a shop in Downtown LA called Anime Jungle that sells some Burst beys, if anyone can't buy online. If we do decide to have the tournament, we could also do one order through PayPal, and ganboka looks like a good middleman.

Whad'ya say? Should we go for it. Possibly JANUARY 15th or 16th?

I really think that we should stick with MFB, because I'm sure many around here (including me) have not bought any Burst beys yet, and even if we were to, it would take a while to get a diverse array of them, or at least for me it will be, because of the cost... the cost of putting money into a new series of Beyblade, buying a new stadium and all that jazz... would be ridiculous. You know what I mean?

Who knows, maybe the prices at that shop you mentioned will have phenomenal prices. Smile LOL, since when were Beyblades sold in STORES, I can't even remember! XD

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Bey Brad - Dec. 09, 2015

(Dec. 09, 2015  3:29 PM)Sapphire Wrote: I really think that we should stick with MFB, because I'm sure many around here (including me) have not bought any Burst beys yet, and even if we were to, it would take a while to get a diverse array of them, or at least for me it will be, because of the cost... the cost of putting money into a new series of Beyblade, buying a new stadium and all that jazz... would be ridiculous. You know what I mean?

Was this not an issue for you while MFB was running in the first place? I'm just curious because I don't ever recall seeing comments like this before, but have seen it a few times during the transition from MFB -> Burst.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Neo - Dec. 09, 2015

You should get get Burst and Standard going. Anyone who doesn't have Burst can share with another, I'm sure Smile

(Dec. 09, 2015  3:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2015  3:29 PM)Sapphire Wrote: I really think that we should stick with MFB, because I'm sure many around here (including me) have not bought any Burst beys yet, and even if we were to, it would take a while to get a diverse array of them, or at least for me it will be, because of the cost... the cost of putting money into a new series of Beyblade, buying a new stadium and all that jazz... would be ridiculous. You know what I mean?

Was this not an issue for you while MFB was running in the first place? I'm just curious because I don't ever recall seeing comments like this before, but have seen it a few times during the transition from MFB -> Burst.

The thing is, MFB beys were the first beys I got, back when Hasbro was running the show in the U.S. I wanted to buy Plastics/HMS beys a long, long time ago, but I wasn't allowed to, because I was only four or five. As a result, MFB beys were my first, so I didn't have to deal with a transition. Now I do, and really, I don't care for Burst. Plastics/HMS put them to shame, and MFB is in a class of its own (just my opinion).

(Dec. 09, 2015  4:38 PM)Sapphire Wrote: The thing is, MFB beys were the first beys I got, back when Hasbro was running the show in the U.S. I wanted to buy Plastics/HMS beys a long, long time ago, but I wasn't allowed to, because I was only four or five. As a result, MFB beys were my first, so I didn't have to deal with a transition. Now I do, and really, I don't care for Burst. Plastics/HMS put them to shame, and MFB is in a class of its own (just my opinion).

I think this is probably the actual reason for most people who say it.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Meta madness - Dec. 09, 2015

I'm willing to start up an event on the 27th...may push it to February though if needed.

(Dec. 09, 2015  4:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2015  4:38 PM)Sapphire Wrote: The thing is, MFB beys were the first beys I got, back when Hasbro was running the show in the U.S. I wanted to buy Plastics/HMS beys a long, long time ago, but I wasn't allowed to, because I was only four or five. As a result, MFB beys were my first, so I didn't have to deal with a transition. Now I do, and really, I don't care for Burst. Plastics/HMS put them to shame, and MFB is in a class of its own (just my opinion).

I think this is probably the actual reason for most people who say it.

Well oh well. I do plan on getting them eventually, it's not that I dislike them, they just can't compare to what we already have, IMO. I hope at least when the new rubber flat for Burst comes out, it'll move like Dragoon MSUV. If so, that'll probably be when I get into Burst, but for now, I'd like to stick with MFB. As you've said, there's never been a better time to be into MFB. Wink

Fair enough! No pressure! It's just useful for us as an organization to know how people are feeling about formats, obviously Smile