World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: WBO Beyblade Communities (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-WBO-Beyblade-Communities)
+---- Forum: North America (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-North-America)
+---- Thread: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament (/Thread-Los-Angeles-CA-USA-LA-Tournament)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Feb. 08, 2016

Oh, Alta. From experience, it takes two or three weeks to get fully evaluated by Kai-V. So I doubt that this can be held on February. I think we need to look at alternative locations and dates in case AJ falls through. There is a shopping center at West and Onizuka that is open and has a lot of places to sit. You know, the one by the space shuttle.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Kai-V - Feb. 08, 2016

(Feb. 08, 2016  4:21 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Oh, Alta. From experience, it takes two or three weeks to get fully evaluated by Kai-V. So I doubt that this can be held on February. I think we need to look at alternative locations and dates in case AJ falls through. There is a shopping center at West and Onizuka that is open and has a lot of places to sit. You know, the one by the space shuttle.

Ah, two or three weeks ? I try to be quicker than that hah. It really just depends how frequently hosts reply to my questions too. But with Alta, there was a screwup last time but I am confident that he will know how to do everything properly next time, so the next Event Proposal should be approved in no time. We do advise hosts to submit Event Proposals more than a week in advance though, so that they can be decently promoted and that everyone in the area has had an opportunity to be made aware of it.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - GreatgodzeusHD - Feb. 08, 2016

Is this beyblade burst?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Bey Brad - Feb. 08, 2016

To be clear, you're welcome to host a tournament whenever you want; you'd just have to find a place to do it. Don't feel the need to wait on Anime Jungle for a response.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - RacingCheetahz - Feb. 08, 2016

Guys i may not be able to take my burst parts because my mother does not want me to take my b-09 (turquoise clips,white bottom,standard opening) to the tournament.so the burst sub event probably won't happen.Could we please do a [PLA] sub event instead?

(Feb. 08, 2016  8:25 PM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: Is this beyblade burst?
no its a MFB standard tournament

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Feb. 09, 2016

(Feb. 08, 2016  11:49 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Guys i may not be able to take my burst parts because my mother does not want me to take my b-09 (turquoise clips,white bottom,standard opening) to the tournament.so the burst sub event probably won't happen.Could we please do a [PLA] sub event instead?

(Feb. 08, 2016  8:25 PM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: Is this beyblade burst?
no its a MFB standard tournament

If we had a Burst sub event I already have a b-09 of my own that I can bring, I'm not sure we'd have enough participants to warrant a second stadium. The only thing I'd keep in mind in is that we might end up getting more people who want to sign up because it would be in a public shop for everyone to see.
I'd like to do Plastics format, but right now Burst format would be more relevant and could help to promote sales for the Burst items Anime Jungle has available.

(Feb. 08, 2016  8:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: To be clear, you're welcome to host a tournament whenever you want; you'd just have to find a place to do it. Don't feel the need to wait on Anime Jungle for a response.

Might end up doing that, I just wasn't sure on how quickly Anime Jungle would get back to us on it. I'd actually really like to promote the event if it gets approved by Jungle, it would be really nice if we could get a banner or poster in the store or in the shop window that displays the info for the event, or having posters up around Little Tokyo.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Feb. 09, 2016

I thought we were going to do all three. We can still try to put signs up around the place. If someone could make a poster that we all could print out, we could go on our own time and ask the restaurants and other places if we could tape them up or something.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - GreatgodzeusHD - Feb. 09, 2016

I may not be the best at beyblade, but i am getting lots of beyblades for my birthday. I dont know how this will turn out for me x__x, ill try to not be a noob.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - OwnageDerp - Feb. 09, 2016

(Feb. 09, 2016  7:58 PM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: I may not be the best at beyblade, but i am getting lots of beyblades for my birthday. I dont know how this will turn out for me x__x, ill try to not be a noob.

Don't worry. We're all here for fun and sharing that we all like Beyblades. It doesn't matter if noobs are around if you take that you're having fun.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Feb. 10, 2016

And if you want help making good combos, you can go to the build me a combo thread.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Build-me-a-combo-2?action=lastpost

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Feb. 21, 2016

Sorry for the Double Post, but this is important.

I went by Anime Jungle today, and they said that if more people showed interest in buying burst beyblades, they'll see about selling starter packs. And if you guys ask them enough about hosting a tournament, then they will do it.

Alta and I have been talking, and we are going to see about hosting at Weller court, which is a block away and is used more often for group events. So we need your ideas on the best days for you all (preferably two or three weeks from now).

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Feb. 21, 2016

I am thinking March 12th or 19th, as I think that gives us a good amount of time to get stuff together and be ready. The LA community needs another tournament really soon.

Has Anime Jungle said anything about selling stadiums or any of the such?

All they sell are burst booster packs and a random booster pack of Bandid Goriem.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Kai-V - Feb. 21, 2016

Just to say though, I do not think anyone wants Anime Jungle to host a tournament : we want you to host a tournament at Anime Jungle hah.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant host as in they will be the location at where the event is held. It would be the same as going anywhere else. We'd still have to buy prizes and pay five dollars. We could just also buy beyblades whenever we want/need.(so long as it's burst or in the Bandid Goriem random booster). Do any of you guys have spare launchers?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Feb. 22, 2016

(Feb. 21, 2016  5:23 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant host as in they will be the location at where the event is held. It would be the same as going anywhere else. We'd still have to buy prizes and pay five dollars. We could just also buy beyblades whenever we want/need.(so long as it's burst or in the Bandid Goriem random booster). Do any of you guys have spare launchers?

I have three spare Burst light launchers, since one of them would be dedicated to my grip setup until I get a string launcher. I've mentioned this before, but I also have a b-09 Burst stadium if we do a Burst format section of the event.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - ThaKingTai - Feb. 27, 2016

So there is still nothing, yet? I really would love to help out with actually getting the event together, but because I'm so busy with school and helping out my mom right now, I can't do much. But just let me know what I can do.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Feb. 27, 2016

(Feb. 27, 2016  4:59 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: So there is still nothing, yet? I really would love to help out with actually getting the event together, but because I'm so busy with school and helping out my mom right now, I can't do much. But just let me know what I can do.

There's not much word back from Anime Jungle, but we're trying to get another event underway, it would just be held at another location in Little Tokyo.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Feb. 27, 2016

Can you guys let us know what days you will be available so we can get an idea of when to hold this?
I have to work on debates for English, so, mid to late March is best for me.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - RacingCheetahz - Mar. 01, 2016

(Feb. 27, 2016  12:45 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Can you guys let us know what days you will be available so we can get an idea of when to hold this?
I have to work on debates for English, so, mid to late March is best for me.

seems ok,but it has to be on a weekend

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - INACTIVE! - Mar. 02, 2016

I'd love to see that tournament! Grin

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Mar. 02, 2016

Well recommend a date that you can come by and spread the word to your friends.
But seriously guys, we need you to post weekend that you can come, or else this won't ever happen, we can't even begin to make things official until we get a day where at least 8 people can come. I can definitely do the 19th or 26th.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - OwnageDerp - Mar. 03, 2016

Do any of you guys have a Kik account? If so PM me, we can further discuss tourney things because I want to host some in the coming months.

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Achi-baba - Mar. 03, 2016

I don't, but you can PM me about future events. Let's try to finally get California active!
Oh and I would like to get my friend to video tape the event, is there anything special that we need to do for this?

RE: [Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament - Alta - Mar. 03, 2016

The 26th is probably best for this month, that gives us some excess time to gather members, it would be best to propose a date and then see how many people can attend that date.

(Mar. 03, 2016  3:08 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I don't, but you can PM me about future events. Let's try to finally get California active!
Oh and I would like to get my friend to video tape the event, is there anything special that we need to do for this?
Consider bringing a tripod if you have one, but it's mostly important to just bring a good camera, I have a camcorder if necessary.