World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Not Official WBO Podcast - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: Not Official WBO Podcast (/Thread-Not-Official-WBO-Podcast)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - akio314 - Aug. 25, 2013

(Aug. 25, 2013  4:28 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote: Erm, with the whole "Donations" thing...

Shouldn't you guys wait until it gets very popular ??
It seems that some people may question the quality and future of the podcast, unable to donate without feeling that it may go to waste.

This also goes for the "listen early" thing. If people don't know if it's worth it, they'll hesitate. Why not try to get some equipment out of pocket now, and later on, have donations be what funds an "official website" and online streaming service.

Good luck!
Darn Takasu, your ideas are SO good. I didn't want to start the donations right now, this early in the show. Great thought with the donations funding a website, it could use $20 each month to keep the domain running.
Thanks, you're pretty helpful -um- Mr. Mouse.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Manicben - Aug. 25, 2013

(Aug. 25, 2013  4:28 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote: Erm, with the whole "Donations" thing...

Shouldn't you guys wait until it gets very popular ??
It seems that some people may question the quality and future of the podcast, unable to donate without feeling that it may go to waste.

This also goes for the "listen early" thing. If people don't know if it's worth it, they'll hesitate. Why not try to get some equipment out of pocket now, and later on, have donations be what funds an "official website" and online streaming service.

Good luck!

I had no idea we were planning any donation stuff. Would be cool, but at this stage, we are nowhere near the kind of popularity needed, nor the professionalism required.
I think the donation idea should be dropped. Perhaps in the future, but certainly not now.

The equipment issue is a problem, especially for the guest speakers. Giraton was quite quiet in this episode, definitely a tech problem (Skype...) and I can only imagine other guests having worse quality mics. I don't think guests will go out and buy a new mic or headset just for the occasion, so that's something we all have to live with.

If anyone could help us with the quality issue and any editing expertise would be great. One main issue is that I currently can only record my mic and system sound (Skype in this case), so anyone other than myself has their sound track mixed into one, making it harder to edit (removing noise, upping volume and such). If anyone can help us with that, please send me a PM. Would help a lot.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Bularieleone - Aug. 25, 2013

You could PM Lazer. He helps people with tech problems.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - akio314 - Aug. 25, 2013

(Aug. 25, 2013  2:04 PM)Bularieleone Wrote: You could PM Lazer. He helps people with tech problems.
We'll do that! Thank you.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - 6 God - Aug. 25, 2013

I wouldn't call cleaning up spilt milk and fixing a minor virus a good computer fixer, heck I can do that.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Bularieleone - Aug. 25, 2013

(Aug. 25, 2013  4:46 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: I wouldn't call cleaning up spilt milk and fixing a minor virus a good computer fixer, heck I can do that.
Well, thanks Mr. Positive.
I doubt those are tho only things he has done.
Sorry if I'm double posting, but I think we should have 3 topics planned out before it starts. The next episode can be about that new series sonokong is making.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - 6 God - Aug. 25, 2013

Read his profile

Edit: its not there anymore

edit 2:
(Aug. 17, 2013  6:22 PM)Lazer Wrote: actually that was my brothers falt I have a 8 and 6 year little brother and a three year old little sister and the 8 year old downloaded wizard 101 but there was a virus with it and I fixed it also the 6 year old spilled milk on my laptop twice Unhappy but I was able to fix them and save my parents lots of money but my brothers are always downloading stuff with attachments that they don't notice like pirates 101 monkey quest free realms club penguin etc.. and unlike me they forget to uncheck the box that says download 7-zip or smoke or mc afee or antispyware protector or wether bug etc...

(Aug. 25, 2013  5:03 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Read his profile

Edit: its not there anymore

edit 2:
(Aug. 17, 2013  6:22 PM)Lazer Wrote: actually that was my brothers falt I have a 8 and 6 year little brother and a three year old little sister and the 8 year old downloaded wizard 101 but there was a virus with it and I fixed it also the 6 year old spilled milk on my laptop twice Unhappy but I was able to fix them and save my parents lots of money but my brothers are always downloading stuff with attachments that they don't notice like pirates 101 monkey quest free realms club penguin etc.. and unlike me they forget to uncheck the box that says download 7-zip or smoke or mc afee or antispyware protector or wether bug etc...

Yeah, someone else could probably do a similar job better. We really don't need help with editing, Ben does it very well.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - TakasuMouce - Aug. 25, 2013

(Aug. 25, 2013  4:36 AM)Akio314 Wrote: Darn Takasu, your ideas are SO good. I didn't want to start the donations right now, this early in the show. Great thought with the donations funding a website, it could use $20 each month to keep the domain running.
Thanks, you're pretty helpful -um- Mr. Mouse.

lol. I'm here to help. I never got into my own podcast, so helping another is fine. :p

(Aug. 25, 2013  9:21 AM)Manicben Wrote: I had no idea we were planning any donation stuff. Would be cool, but at this stage, we are nowhere near the kind of popularity needed, nor the professionalism required.
I think the donation idea should be dropped. Perhaps in the future, but certainly not now.

The equipment issue is a problem, especially for the guest speakers. Giraton was quite quiet in this episode, definitely a tech problem (Skype...) and I can only imagine other guests having worse quality mics. I don't think guests will go out and buy a new mic or headset just for the occasion, so that's something we all have to live with.

If anyone could help us with the quality issue and any editing expertise would be great. One main issue is that I currently can only record my mic and system sound (Skype in this case), so anyone other than myself has their sound track mixed into one, making it harder to edit (removing noise, upping volume and such). If anyone can help us with that, please send me a PM. Would help a lot.

Hm... equipment could be a problem...

Suggestion!

What if everyone recorded their own speech instead of someone recording the Skype call. Then everyone can start the recording and clap all at once. After that, send the audio clips to someone to get edited/remove noise/combine together. The clap makes sure you can line all the files together correctly. Use something like Audacity. That should help.

Good luck! Grin

(Aug. 25, 2013  7:25 PM)TakasuMouce Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2013  9:21 AM)Manicben Wrote: I had no idea we were planning any donation stuff. Would be cool, but at this stage, we are nowhere near the kind of popularity needed, nor the professionalism required.

Hm... equipment could be a problem...

Suggestion!

What if everyone recorded their own speech instead of someone recording the Skype call. Then everyone can start the recording and clap all at once. After that, send the audio clips to someone to get edited/remove noise/combine together. The clap makes sure you can line all the files together correctly. Use something like Audacity. That should help.

Good luck! Grin

Thanksya, Mr. Mouse.

I had thought of doing that, but then I thought "How are we gonna know what we're saying?" But, I guess just don't record the call? Right?

Also, The Newbs guide to the WBO will likely be uploaded at a similar time as episode 4. It'll likely be around 5-10 minutes long and will be very serious.

RE: [3000 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - TakasuMouce - Aug. 25, 2013

Yeah, you don't record the call. :p Everyone records their own voice.

The newbs guide sounds interesting... :3

(Aug. 25, 2013  7:35 PM)TakasuMouce Wrote: Yeah, you don't record the call. :p Everyone records their own voice.

The guide is an audio alternative to the community rules or the opening PM, it'll also touch on rules that aren't really talked about much in the PM or the community rules. I should probably go PM Kai-V about it.

(Aug. 25, 2013  7:41 PM)Akio314 Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2013  7:35 PM)TakasuMouce Wrote: Yeah, you don't record the call. :p Everyone records their own voice.

The guide is an audio alternative to the community rules or the opening PM, it'll also touch on rules that aren't really talked about much in the PM or the community rules. I should probably go PM Kai-V about it.
Nice. Hope you get all the points Wink

How many dedicated members do you currently have?

(Aug. 25, 2013  7:47 PM)TakasuMouce Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2013  7:41 PM)Akio314 Wrote:

Nice. Hope you get all the points Wink

How many dedicated members do you currently have?
Dedicated members? As in like people who're trying hard to get in?
Well, theres, me , Manicen, Ultramarine, Tri, Giraton, DrPepsiDew, and a couple others.

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - akio314 - Aug. 30, 2013

Hey folks, remember that contest of if you think Ben will enter WBO Idol, more info in the podcast. Ultramarine isn't on yet.

Plus, another episode will be recorded soon.

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Manicben - Aug. 31, 2013

Finished recording guys!
Awesome episode for you guys! Audio quality also preeeety good.
We had two guests on this time, no clues as to who though It is a mystery

Anyway expect it in a day or two. Expect more awesome music too Grin

(BTW, anyone vote for me to enter WBO Idol? Time is running out... Tongue_out Actually naaah. Grin )

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - akio314 - Aug. 31, 2013

(Aug. 31, 2013  12:23 AM)Manicben Wrote: Finished recording guys!
Awesome episode for you guys! Audio quality also preeeety good.
We had two guests on this time, no clues as to who though It is a mystery

Anyway expect it in a day or two. Expect more awesome music too Grin

(BTW, anyone vote for me to enter WBO Idol? Time is running out... Tongue_out Actually naaah. Grin )
Do the Singing contest, I sure won't.

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Cannon - Aug. 31, 2013

I think the singers who entered the competition should be played on this podcast. Wink

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Manicben - Aug. 31, 2013

(Aug. 31, 2013  6:12 AM)Cannon Wrote: I think the singers who entered the competition should be played on this podcast. Wink

Actually... That is a goodly idea, old chum. By that you mean their entries should be played, right? Certainly we could probably insert short sections of their entry and provide links in the description to the full songs.

As for moving over to iTunes, it seems that things will not be easy...
Ah, anyone have any suggestions to tackle this?
Apparently we would require a upload host (like mediafire) and we would need to compress our files from now on (meaning slight drop in quality); we need a blog, like wordpress; an RSS 2.0 feed with all that XML shizzle and so on.
Who knew iTunes was so complicated in terms of podcasting. Now that soundcloud is out of the question we will have to take the harder route now... Unhappy But still we shall strive to get our podcasts out to ya'll!

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - akio314 - Aug. 31, 2013

(Aug. 31, 2013  11:19 AM)Manicben Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2013  6:12 AM)Cannon Wrote: I think the singers who entered the competition should be played on this podcast. Wink

Actually... That is a goodly idea, old chum. By that you mean their entries should be played, right? Certainly we could probably insert short sections of their entry and provide links in the description to the full songs.

Apparently we would require a upload host (like mediafire) and we would need to compress our files from now on (meaning slight drop in quality); we need a blog, like wordpress; an RSS 2.0 feed with all that XML shizzle and so on.
Who knew iTunes was so complicated in terms of podcasting. Now that soundcloud is out of the question we will have to take the harder route now... Unhappy But still we shall strive to get our podcasts out to ya'll!
It'll be hard, so this next episode will have a little Delay. Don't worry though, we'll try to upload episodes 1, 2, and 3 as well as four to iTunes.

More updates on the WBO Idol on episode 5 (Hopefully).

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Dual - Aug. 31, 2013

Do you think I could actually get, I don't know, at least two days notice of the time and date of the next recording? Because the communication of the information is nonexistent...this is the third podcast I've missed because i've gotten no more than a one minute notification.

(Aug. 31, 2013  6:00 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Do you think I could actually get, I don't know, at least two days notice of the time and date of the next recording? Because the communication of the information is nonexistent...this is the third podcast I've missed because i've gotten no more than a one minute notification.
I'm terrible at planning. Generally we record on Friday, and try and ask me through PM on Thursday to remind me about that. School gets distracting.

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - Dual - Aug. 31, 2013

What time Friday...?
And since you're running this, it should be your responsibility to notify everyone a few days prior.

(Aug. 31, 2013  6:35 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: What time Friday...?
And since you're running this, it should be your responsibility to notify everyone a few days prior.
Generally around six, unless we have a guest from another country.
And yes, I'm just irresponsible.

RE: [3500 VIEWS] The Unofficial WBO Podcast (Episode Three Is In The Op!) - TakasuMouce - Aug. 31, 2013

(Aug. 31, 2013  11:19 AM)Manicben Wrote: Actually... That is a goodly idea, old chum. By that you mean their entries should be played, right? Certainly we could probably insert short sections of their entry and provide links in the description to the full songs.

Hm... try out Tumblr. It allows MP3 upload, should have an RSS 2.0 feed... if I remember correctly. And maybe just upload to 4shared. The quality difference shouldn't be too bad. Uncertain